Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Glasgow Blue 08:31 - Apr 24 with 5319 viewsnrb1985

You and others alike told us post Brexit that the EU was doomed to failiure and that its breakup was an inevitability.

Since then Holland, Austria and the now seemingly the French are all about to vote in Pro-EU leaders meaning serious bad news for Britain. We are going to be left on our own, a tiny island - p1ssing into the wind.

There is no doubt now in my mind the Brexit process must be stopped before we are blasted back to the 70s. We are heading for an even bigger detritus than any of us first feared.

EDIT: Oh and to add to this, the European economy looks like it's about to fly. All indicators and confidence surveys very positive. Another lie told to us by the right that the EU economy was on its knees.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 8:43]
FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:34 - Apr 24 with 2471 viewsbluelagos

Where's the popcorn?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

on 08:34 - Apr 24 with 2460 views_

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:36 - Apr 24 with 2462 viewsStokieBlue

on 08:34 - Apr 24 by _

Portraying France as massively pro-EU and not divided is misleading - 38% voted for a nasty piece of work. The French voted for the least worst of the options available.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:36 - Apr 24 with 2451 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The French could well vote Le Pen yet

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:37 - Apr 24 with 2438 viewsfeelingblue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:36 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

Portraying France as massively pro-EU and not divided is misleading - 38% voted for a nasty piece of work. The French voted for the least worst of the options available.

SB

Pity we didn't follow the same logic.
FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:37 - Apr 24 with 2437 viewsbluelagos

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:36 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

No chance

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:38 - Apr 24 with 2425 viewsnrb1985

That will not happen, not in a month of Sundays. Even after Brexit & Trump I can almost guarantee that she can't win.

The voter turnout is way too high (80%) for there to be that degree of inaccuracy in the polls.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 8:39]
FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:41 - Apr 24 with 2412 viewsnrb1985

on 08:34 - Apr 24 by _

Clegg and Blair warned of this attitude. The loony right wing papers and Tory back benchers want to silence us.

It can be reversed and an end put to this madness.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:42 - Apr 24 with 2403 viewsGlasgowBlue

I don't believe I have ever said that. I think the break up of the EU would be a disaster for this country, regardless of my wish for us to leave the organisation.

What I did say, if memory serves correctly , is that the election of either Wilders or LePen would see the whole thing come crashing down. I never said they would be elected. I would be absolutely appalled if a racist party won a majority in a major election.

I would ask you to consider this though: in the UK, our version of a far right party*, the BNP, have been wiped off the face of the map. In Holland, Austria and France, the far rightbhave come second. I think that tells you a lot about how more tolerant and decent the British electorate are compared to our European neighbours.

And your final paragraph betrays you true thoughts. You want the result of a democratic referendum reversed because you don't like the result. I think you would be more at home supporting these fascists parties who are doing so well in Europe. They would like to bypass democracy as well.

Edit. I note you have since edited your op after I had replied. You have called me out personally in this thread. At least have the common courtesy or courage to address my reply.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 8:55]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:51 - Apr 24 with 2355 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:41 - Apr 24 by nrb1985

Clegg and Blair warned of this attitude. The loony right wing papers and Tory back benchers want to silence us.

It can be reversed and an end put to this madness.

I gave you an answer to your op even though I'm not a fan of these "personal" named threads. You haven't answered.

But perhaps you can tell me what democratic process, that involves the participation of the people, you believe should be used to reverse the decision?

Iron Lion Zion

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:52 - Apr 24 with 2350 viewsartsbossbeard

*logs off*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:56 - Apr 24 with 2324 viewsnrb1985

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:51 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

I gave you an answer to your op even though I'm not a fan of these "personal" named threads. You haven't answered.

But perhaps you can tell me what democratic process, that involves the participation of the people, you believe should be used to reverse the decision?

None, the vote on the final deal should be left to Parliament to essentially veto or pass.

I do not believe in democracy in the form of yes or no referendums on such highly esoteric issues. Forcing people into binary choices about such things is absurd.
FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:59 - Apr 24 with 2316 viewsBOjK

Things continue to go well.:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-britain-back-queue-tr

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:04 - Apr 24 with 2289 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:56 - Apr 24 by nrb1985

None, the vote on the final deal should be left to Parliament to essentially veto or pass.

I do not believe in democracy in the form of yes or no referendums on such highly esoteric issues. Forcing people into binary choices about such things is absurd.

And if that happens and the deal which is passed is not to your liking?

Now perhaps you will address the whole of my answer to your op?

Iron Lion Zion

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:06 - Apr 24 with 2286 viewsconnorscontract

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:42 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

I don't believe I have ever said that. I think the break up of the EU would be a disaster for this country, regardless of my wish for us to leave the organisation.

What I did say, if memory serves correctly , is that the election of either Wilders or LePen would see the whole thing come crashing down. I never said they would be elected. I would be absolutely appalled if a racist party won a majority in a major election.

I would ask you to consider this though: in the UK, our version of a far right party*, the BNP, have been wiped off the face of the map. In Holland, Austria and France, the far rightbhave come second. I think that tells you a lot about how more tolerant and decent the British electorate are compared to our European neighbours.

And your final paragraph betrays you true thoughts. You want the result of a democratic referendum reversed because you don't like the result. I think you would be more at home supporting these fascists parties who are doing so well in Europe. They would like to bypass democracy as well.

Edit. I note you have since edited your op after I had replied. You have called me out personally in this thread. At least have the common courtesy or courage to address my reply.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 8:55]

That last paragraph is very disingenuous. Somebody wanting an incredibly narrow Referendum result to be over-turned in a General Election is not a fascist.

It is demonstrable that one of the two most distinctive pieces of Leave branding messages (money that goes to the EU will go to the NHS) was a complete lie and an utterly cynical piece of manipulation. The other most distinctive piece of Leave branding was borrowed directly from Nazi propaganda.

Over the next 2 years the 15-17 year olds at the time of the referendum will come of age to vote. And many older voters will die. Why should those who will be adults at the time of a Brexit deal not have any voice at all? What is it about a 2nd Referendum that scares you so much that you label it fascist?

It's odd that you are so hardline about this when you only decided which way to jump at the last moment in the Referendum campaign.

We were given a rushed and very poorly worded Referendum, with no mention of process, and which doesn't provide ANY democratic justification for leaving the common market, as it only mentioned the political European Community. In those circumstances to denigrate those raising questions as Remoaners, as leading figures have again done this weekend, or to suggest that campaigning on the issue in a General Election is anti-democratic, as you do here, are both examples of labelling and debate closing which are, at the very least, not conducive to open democracy.
FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:09 - Apr 24 with 2269 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:59 - Apr 24 by BOjK

Things continue to go well.:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-britain-back-queue-tr

"Unnamed American officials" as opposed to Paul Ryan who has gone on record just two days ago to say "The US stands ready to agree a free trade deal with the UK as soon as possible"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/19/paul-ryan-london-visit-us-uk-tra

Iron Lion Zion

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:10 - Apr 24 with 2271 viewshomer_123

FAO Glasgow Blue on 08:37 - Apr 24 by bluelagos

No chance

I'll just point out that there was 'No chance' of:

1. Corbyn being voted leader of Labour
2. Of the UK voting for Brexit
3. Of Trump becoming President of the US

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:13 - Apr 24 with 2241 viewsMJallday

im not sure about france - Le Pen has just as much chance as Macron.

if she gets in, they'll be outta here. even if she doesnt, theres enough "exity" feeling to cause the debate.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:14 - Apr 24 with 2238 viewsnrb1985

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:04 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

And if that happens and the deal which is passed is not to your liking?

Now perhaps you will address the whole of my answer to your op?

"I would ask you to consider this though: in the UK, our version of a far right party*, the BNP, have been wiped off the face of the map. In Holland, Austria and France, the far rightbhave come second. I think that tells you a lot about how more tolerant and decent the British electorate are compared to our European neighbours"

You're trying to steer the debate away from the madness of Brexit and what you voted for. This is not a thread about a comparison of their attitude to ours. This is a thread that simply states that the Pro EU parties in the countries you mention have come out on top and therefore the Union is likely to go from strength to strength particularly as their economy starts to motor.

A stronger more united Europe with no immediate threat of break up is serious bad news for the UK and it's negotiations. The lies are starting to unravel and the madness needs to be stopped.
FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:15 - Apr 24 with 2226 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:06 - Apr 24 by connorscontract

That last paragraph is very disingenuous. Somebody wanting an incredibly narrow Referendum result to be over-turned in a General Election is not a fascist.

It is demonstrable that one of the two most distinctive pieces of Leave branding messages (money that goes to the EU will go to the NHS) was a complete lie and an utterly cynical piece of manipulation. The other most distinctive piece of Leave branding was borrowed directly from Nazi propaganda.

Over the next 2 years the 15-17 year olds at the time of the referendum will come of age to vote. And many older voters will die. Why should those who will be adults at the time of a Brexit deal not have any voice at all? What is it about a 2nd Referendum that scares you so much that you label it fascist?

It's odd that you are so hardline about this when you only decided which way to jump at the last moment in the Referendum campaign.

We were given a rushed and very poorly worded Referendum, with no mention of process, and which doesn't provide ANY democratic justification for leaving the common market, as it only mentioned the political European Community. In those circumstances to denigrate those raising questions as Remoaners, as leading figures have again done this weekend, or to suggest that campaigning on the issue in a General Election is anti-democratic, as you do here, are both examples of labelling and debate closing which are, at the very least, not conducive to open democracy.

He or she didn't say they wanted a second referendum. He or she said "There is no doubt now in my mind the Brexit process must be stopped"

Regarding your point in a second referendum. It doesn't scare me. Please point to where I have ever said it does.

If a party is elected in June with the promise of a second referendum then I would abide by the result of that second referendum.

However, rather than being scared, I think the promise idol a second referendum would leave us in limbo for many years. We are going to negotiate our leaving terms and future relationship. We cannot negotiate bilateral trade deals with countries until we have left.

A second referendum could see us talking about this for another five or six years.

Iron Lion Zion

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:15 - Apr 24 with 2230 viewsbluelagos

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:10 - Apr 24 by homer_123

I'll just point out that there was 'No chance' of:

1. Corbyn being voted leader of Labour
2. Of the UK voting for Brexit
3. Of Trump becoming President of the US

I'll be honest, I thought that just after I posted it!

I then checked the oddschecker site for the odds - and am now much less relaxed than I was 30 mins ago.

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:16 - Apr 24 with 2222 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:17 - Apr 24 with 2219 viewsbluewein

He'd only get injured after 11 minutes, so I shouldn't worry about it too much...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:18 - Apr 24 with 2215 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:15 - Apr 24 by bluelagos

I'll be honest, I thought that just after I posted it!

I then checked the oddschecker site for the odds - and am now much less relaxed than I was 30 mins ago.

6/1 biggest price but 9/2 in most places

Brexit was around that price and trump was 8/1 in a 2 horse race with Clinton

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:19 - Apr 24 with 2209 viewsGlasgowBlue

FAO Glasgow Blue on 09:14 - Apr 24 by nrb1985

"I would ask you to consider this though: in the UK, our version of a far right party*, the BNP, have been wiped off the face of the map. In Holland, Austria and France, the far rightbhave come second. I think that tells you a lot about how more tolerant and decent the British electorate are compared to our European neighbours"

You're trying to steer the debate away from the madness of Brexit and what you voted for. This is not a thread about a comparison of their attitude to ours. This is a thread that simply states that the Pro EU parties in the countries you mention have come out on top and therefore the Union is likely to go from strength to strength particularly as their economy starts to motor.

A stronger more united Europe with no immediate threat of break up is serious bad news for the UK and it's negotiations. The lies are starting to unravel and the madness needs to be stopped.

No. You made a claim, right from the off, that I wanted to see the away fail. Which I answered.

Your second paragraph was about how badly the far right have done in European elections. Which I answered.

You seem a very exiteboe chap. Calling me out in the thread title despite not being able to back it up.

And I have given literally dozens of replies to Brexit threads. Shall I just copy and paste them all for you or do we really need another Brexit thread?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024