Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can Corbyn ... 12:47 - Apr 24 with 6551 viewshoofer

Say that all workers will be paid ten pound an hour that will break some companies and force them to take their businesses abroad ,or have I missed something?

This post has been edited by an administrator
How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:50 - Apr 24 with 3008 viewsGlasgowBlue

He can say what he wants because he knows he won't have to deliver.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:54 - Apr 24 with 2975 viewscolchesterchris

So you think it's right that the state therefore has to subsidise these companies through the payment of Working Tax Credits?

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:54 - Apr 24 with 2963 viewshoofer

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:50 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

The blokes a nutter saying we will get an extra 4 days bank holidays that just won't happen I am sure he won't win ,The last labour government left the country in a right state writing checks for schools on Election Day its crazy.
How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:55 - Apr 24 with 2937 viewshoofer

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:54 - Apr 24 by colchesterchris

So you think it's right that the state therefore has to subsidise these companies through the payment of Working Tax Credits?

Is that what I said?
How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:56 - Apr 24 with 2929 viewscolchesterchris

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:55 - Apr 24 by hoofer

Is that what I said?

Implicitly yes...

Based on the current system, either the company pays the real value of the employees labour, or the state has to pay through tax credits.

If you are against one it supports the other

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:57 - Apr 24 with 2908 viewsnoggin

"Break some companies and send them abroad"
Brexit will do that though.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:00 - Apr 24 with 2879 viewslowhouseblue

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:50 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

strangely his is a campaign which throws all election logic on its head. he is consciously setting out to narrow his support. the more 'pure' he remains, the more he says what his supporters want to hear (and, in turn, the more he ignores the wider electorate), the better the chances of momentum retaining control of the party. repeal trade union legislation, cancel trident, walk away from Iraq, don't fight isis - he's saying what a narrow group of supporters want to hear. 'let corbyn be corbyn' is code for 'give up on the general election and fight the next leadership election instead'.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:04 - Apr 24 with 2836 viewsGlasgowBlue

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:00 - Apr 24 by lowhouseblue

strangely his is a campaign which throws all election logic on its head. he is consciously setting out to narrow his support. the more 'pure' he remains, the more he says what his supporters want to hear (and, in turn, the more he ignores the wider electorate), the better the chances of momentum retaining control of the party. repeal trade union legislation, cancel trident, walk away from Iraq, don't fight isis - he's saying what a narrow group of supporters want to hear. 'let corbyn be corbyn' is code for 'give up on the general election and fight the next leadership election instead'.

You and I both know that the battle Corbyn and McDonnell want to win isn't the one on June 8th. It's the battle to win the Labour Party from top to bottom.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:08 - Apr 24 with 2811 viewschicoazul

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:04 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

You and I both know that the battle Corbyn and McDonnell want to win isn't the one on June 8th. It's the battle to win the Labour Party from top to bottom.

I want Blair to nut up or shut up. Can he get on the ballot somewhere? If so, he should then contest the leadership election in a couple of months. Let's see who really runs Labour, the Trots or the Blairites.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:10 - Apr 24 with 2787 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

......or a little less for the shareholders and more for the people producing the wealth. The tax credit comment is bang on the money too. (Those blasted corporate/land owning benefit spongers! )

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:18 - Apr 24 with 2749 viewsblue_oyster

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:08 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

I want Blair to nut up or shut up. Can he get on the ballot somewhere? If so, he should then contest the leadership election in a couple of months. Let's see who really runs Labour, the Trots or the Blairites.

What to choose, eh? New old labour, or old new labour.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:21 - Apr 24 with 2734 viewsStokieBlue

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:18 - Apr 24 by blue_oyster

What to choose, eh? New old labour, or old new labour.

Would be quite funny to watch though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:21 - Apr 24 with 2738 viewsmonytowbray

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 12:54 - Apr 24 by colchesterchris

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:22 - Apr 24 with 2728 viewsTLA

I always enjoy your insights lowhouse.

I'm intrigued by how you will decide to vote. I think you'd vote for a Labour party that would work for you but this one doesn't. So where does that leave someone like you?
How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:25 - Apr 24 with 2704 viewsBenters

becuase he is a div .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:26 - Apr 24 with 2701 viewsblue_oyster

It's certainly interesting to see the press coverage a politician gets when he goes against what the establishment wants. Coded in the post above as 'the wider electorate'.

How can Corbyn ... on 13:26 - Apr 24 with 2704 viewsJ2BLUE

God forbid workers are actually paid a decent wage. If your business is only surviving because you underpay your staff then frankly you deserve to go under.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:29 - Apr 24 with 2671 viewslowhouseblue

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:22 - Apr 24 by TLA

I always enjoy your insights lowhouse.

I'm intrigued by how you will decide to vote. I think you'd vote for a Labour party that would work for you but this one doesn't. So where does that leave someone like you?

i will vote labour and i would encourage others to do likewise. in 2017 this is based on 2 things (1) there is no prospect whatsoever of corbyn ever winning or becoming prime minister (if there were my vote would be different); (2) all we can choose between is a tory majority of 120 and a tory majority of 60 - the later is preferable because it will soften brexit and it will enable an opposition to do more in holding the government to account.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:33 - Apr 24 with 2652 viewslowhouseblue

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:26 - Apr 24 by blue_oyster

It's certainly interesting to see the press coverage a politician gets when he goes against what the establishment wants. Coded in the post above as 'the wider electorate'.

sorry that's just nonsense with a thin veneer of sounding a bit cool. outside of the mail and express etc - who have given every labour leader the same sort of treatment - corbyn gets bad press coverage becomes he is incompetent and isn't a credible leader. the problem is corbyn not the press.

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:36 - Apr 24 with 2624 viewsBlueBadger

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:33 - Apr 24 by lowhouseblue

sorry that's just nonsense with a thin veneer of sounding a bit cool. outside of the mail and express etc - who have given every labour leader the same sort of treatment - corbyn gets bad press coverage becomes he is incompetent and isn't a credible leader. the problem is corbyn not the press.

If anything, I think the Mail and the Sun have been easier on Jezza because they simply have; t had to try as hard to make him look utterly useless.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:37 - Apr 24 with 2612 viewsblue_oyster

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:33 - Apr 24 by lowhouseblue

In your opinion.

How can Corbyn ... on 13:40 - Apr 24 with 2598 viewsmonytowbray

How can Corbyn ... on 13:26 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

God forbid workers are actually paid a decent wage. If your business is only surviving because you underpay your staff then frankly you deserve to go under.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:44 - Apr 24 with 2553 viewslowhouseblue

How the fcuk can Corbyn on 13:37 - Apr 24 by blue_oyster

In your opinion.

largely.

but 2 examples of his incompetence (and in neither case has the press made anywhere near as much of them as they might).

(1) on the first day of the campaign it took 12 hours for corbyn to clarify whether labour would hold a second referendum. so going into an election in which the main issue is inevitably going to be brexit he didn't know where the party stood on a second referendum. given that the party needs to attract back voters from ukip that is an absolutely fundamentally strategic issue. but not a clue.
(2) yesterday we had a situation where the leader said one thing about trident and the party then had to issue a correction telling him what party policy is. you can say he doesn't agree with party policy, but a situation where a key policy stance is publicly debated between the leader and the party in the middle of an election if farcically incompetent.

How can Corbyn ... on 13:47 - Apr 24 with 2526 viewsusm

£ 10 min per hour and four more bank holidays.

The guy's a genius

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

How can Corbyn ... on 13:50 - Apr 24 with 2511 viewshomer_123

How can Corbyn ... on 13:26 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Or your business has outsourced it's work to companies outside the UK as labour is cheaper......

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024