Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" 13:44 - Apr 24 with 9288 viewsmonytowbray

Do they all just assume public spending is perfect as it is at present with no unjust/pointless funding and all tax revenue that could possibly be going into the national pot is being collected?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

People who say on 19:41 - Apr 24 with 2498 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

People who say on 18:38 - Apr 24 by taximan

nothing at all is my guess

lack of motivation/determination/ambition

sometimes people just aren't aware of their opportunities. If he works in retail theres a good chance he could read up on erp systems, logistics, etc and get himself involved in supply chain management or similar at his companies HO. Its always a good idea to talk to people outside your own area and find out whats going elsewhere in the org. Suddenly you find yourself, 10 years later, being a dropship SME earning £500 a day
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:49 - Apr 24 with 2484 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:46 - Apr 24 by Ryorry

I'd have +1'd that had it not been for your silly generalisation at the end re pensioners being 'soft & spoilt" (apols if that's not what you meant, meaning not really clear).

That wasn't about pensioners. It was about my generation and a light hearted dig at those who take unfair shots at us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:53 - Apr 24 with 2477 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:34 - Apr 24 by tractorboy1978

Who decides what is "fair"?

On Friday I did a 9 hour shift. It was so busy I had to work through my break just to keep up. That's a typical day during the peak period we'd very nearly in.

Asking £90 and £5 for the half hour break I was forced to work isn't exactly asking too much IMO. Please no one respond with that's illegal you should get a break. My company would say I am entitled to take a break at any time. It simply doesn't work in the real world of the job.

Truly impaired.

People who say on 19:54 - Apr 24 with 2475 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say on 18:13 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

What will you do though if the BNP offer £11 ?

Anyway, supply and demand innit? If the wage wasn't fair you wouldn't do it... you obviously just need to look elsewhere. What's stopping you?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 18:15]

I would ignore them and go on thinking they're racist scum.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:55 - Apr 24 with 2471 viewstaximan

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:53 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

On Friday I did a 9 hour shift. It was so busy I had to work through my break just to keep up. That's a typical day during the peak period we'd very nearly in.

Asking £90 and £5 for the half hour break I was forced to work isn't exactly asking too much IMO. Please no one respond with that's illegal you should get a break. My company would say I am entitled to take a break at any time. It simply doesn't work in the real world of the job.

9 hour shift ?

you must have been exhausted !!!!!!!!!!!
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:57 - Apr 24 with 2473 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 18:06 - Apr 24 by taximan

you could always get a second (part time) job to supplement your income !!!

What for about £6 an hour after tax?

I make about £250 a month from matched betting so that's a nice boost to my income. I still think my salary is very unfair though especially as our location was a new location when I joined and I feel like i've built that location into what it is.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:04 - Apr 24 with 2467 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:55 - Apr 24 by taximan

9 hour shift ?

you must have been exhausted !!!!!!!!!!!

That wasn't the point I was making.

I give up. I'm a lazy entitled millennial who wants the moon on a stick.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:08 - Apr 24 with 2447 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:57 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

What for about £6 an hour after tax?

I make about £250 a month from matched betting so that's a nice boost to my income. I still think my salary is very unfair though especially as our location was a new location when I joined and I feel like i've built that location into what it is.

Is matched betting taxable?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:09 - Apr 24 with 2448 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:08 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

Is matched betting taxable?

Nope.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:10 - Apr 24 with 2443 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:09 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Nope.

I thought gambling was subject to tax?

Iron Lion Zion

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:10 - Apr 24 with 2441 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:10 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

I thought gambling was subject to tax?

Not in the UK.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:11 - Apr 24 with 2435 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:10 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Not in the UK.

How come when I out a fiver on the national about ten years ago I was asked if I wanted to pay the tax up front?

Iron Lion Zion

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:38 - Apr 24 with 2420 viewstractorboy1978

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:53 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Sorry if you've been through this before but why do you still work there if you aren't happy with the money/job?
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 21:08 - Apr 24 with 2401 viewsStokieBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:11 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

How come when I out a fiver on the national about ten years ago I was asked if I wanted to pay the tax up front?

You used to have to pay tax upfront or on collection but I think they changed it about 10 years ago when internet gambling took off hugely.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 21:11 - Apr 24 with 2391 viewsArcher4721

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 20:11 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

Arf.

I would claim it back then!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/1207748.stm
People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 21:11 - Apr 24 with 2387 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 21:08 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

You used to have to pay tax upfront or on collection but I think they changed it about 10 years ago when internet gambling took off hugely.

SB

Corbyn will put pay to that then.

What he gives J2 with one hand he takes from him with the other.

Iron Lion Zion

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 21:12 - Apr 24 with 2378 viewsJ2BLUE

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 21:11 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

Corbyn will put pay to that then.

What he gives J2 with one hand he takes from him with the other.

Doubt it. They'd need to allow tax relief on betting losses.

Truly impaired.

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 23:24 - Apr 24 with 2314 viewsRyorry

You're actively involved in politics, yet can't keep up with changes in the law made donkeys' years ago

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 23:24 - Apr 24 with 2313 viewsRyorry

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 19:49 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

That wasn't about pensioners. It was about my generation and a light hearted dig at those who take unfair shots at us.

OK, sorry.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 00:09 - Apr 25 with 2287 viewsbaxterbasics

Public spending is too high as it is. The trouble is it is far too easy for government to spend a little more here and there, but always so difficult to cut or even freeze budgets. Any time they do it's like all hell broke loose.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 02:08 - Apr 25 with 2273 viewsmutters

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 17:27 - Apr 24 by BackToRussia

I think they say it because it's superficially logical, in the hopes of shutting down debate.

But of course it's the ideology behind the £10 minimum wage they're rejecting, not the costing.

Similarly the Conservatives have borrowed huge amounts of money in the last 5+ years but when Corbyn suggests we borrow £500bn for investment in the public sector it's rejected out of hand as unworkable.

Sadly that's more reflective that people don't trust JC with the money and have any real plan to manage it effectively

Labour ran up a mountain of debt that was unsustainable, voters don't forget things like that quickly, and it takes a generation for that to move on. We are only 7 years removed from a labour government, I just don't trust them with our public finances

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 09:00 - Apr 25 with 2208 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 23:24 - Apr 24 by Ryorry

You're actively involved in politics, yet can't keep up with changes in the law made donkeys' years ago

I haven't been actively involved in politics since 1992.

Iron Lion Zion

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 09:01 - Apr 25 with 2207 viewsGlasgowBlue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 21:11 - Apr 24 by Archer4721

Arf.

I would claim it back then!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/1207748.stm

I just figured out it was ariund the time Kurt Cobain shot himsekf so considerably longer than "about ten years ago".

Iron Lion Zion

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 10:11 - Apr 25 with 2180 viewsSwansea_Blue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 13:57 - Apr 24 by ElderGrizzly

We might gain £1bn in some sectors, but the IoD say we'd lose £2bn a day across the economy.

There will always be winners and losers, but the bank holiday one would be negative overall.

Only a negative if you solely value it in monetary terms. The fact we do (same as every single political question) is why we're f*cled socially and some of the social structures in we envy in other countries will always remain aspirational.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 10:13 - Apr 25 with 2178 viewsSwansea_Blue

People who say "Where does Corbyn expect to find the money to do that?" on 09:01 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

I just figured out it was ariund the time Kurt Cobain shot himsekf so considerably longer than "about ten years ago".

Causal link?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024