Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These election threads 17:11 - Apr 24 with 2290 viewsartsbossbeard

Lets be honest, they're not going to change peoples minds, are they?

It seems a lot of effort to simply get Rommers to vote for your party of choice.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

These election threads on 18:55 - Apr 24 with 908 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

These election threads on 18:24 - Apr 24 by m14_blue

Where's your head at now then Rommers?

You've ruled out voting Conservative and Labour and I'm guessing you don't approve of the Lib Dem's brexit policy so are you considering the fringe parties?

I'm honestly not sure

- I can't vote Tory.
- I won't vote Labour - I'm so anti-corbyns trident policy I just cant vote them
- UKIP I voted for in my college one 2 years ago when I was ineligible to vote properly. But they've done their job now.
- Green Party's policies i went through the other day on here and they're bonkers
- Which means I'm left with Lib Dems despite their policy on brexit. Knowing they won't get in anyway, and the others being now either pointless (UKIP) or other issues, I'm probably marginally in the side of the Line dems

This has to be the worst options ever for an election

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

These election threads on 18:55 - Apr 24 with 908 viewsmr_bean

These election threads on 18:11 - Apr 24 by bluelagos

If we had some form of PR, i'd be way more incentivised to vote as opposed to the present system, where the sitting MP will win irrespective. My lot even voted in Tim Yeo ffs.

I'm with you on that one.

For the first time, I'm considering not voting. I'll be safe in the knowledge that no matter which way I had voted it would not have made a blind bit of difference. It's a complete and utter charade.
These election threads on 18:57 - Apr 24 with 897 viewsm14_blue

These election threads on 18:55 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm honestly not sure

- I can't vote Tory.
- I won't vote Labour - I'm so anti-corbyns trident policy I just cant vote them
- UKIP I voted for in my college one 2 years ago when I was ineligible to vote properly. But they've done their job now.
- Green Party's policies i went through the other day on here and they're bonkers
- Which means I'm left with Lib Dems despite their policy on brexit. Knowing they won't get in anyway, and the others being now either pointless (UKIP) or other issues, I'm probably marginally in the side of the Line dems

Agreed, I like the lib dems but am not mad about Farron and it's easier for me anyway as I was in favor of remain.

The rest of them really are a shower.
These election threads on 19:01 - Apr 24 with 892 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

These election threads on 18:55 - Apr 24 by MJallday

on a similar vein, has anyone noticed a few of these "tactical voting" sites popping up
about how you can stop the evil emperor t.may in her tracks?

heres one..

https://www.tactical2017.com/

im not sure what i think about this.

I bet that was a labour person who started that knowing they were second in most places

That's as much pro labour as it is anti Tory

These election threads on 19:04 - Apr 24 with 882 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm honestly not sure

- I can't vote Tory.

Why can't you vote Tory?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

These election threads on 19:07 - Apr 24 with 871 viewsgordon

These election threads on 17:56 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

If I don't vote, I'd have no right to moan when it all goes tits up

If you vote for the mob that send it tits up you've no right to moan either
These election threads on 19:14 - Apr 24 with 856 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

These election threads on 19:07 - Apr 24 by gordon

If you vote for the mob that send it tits up you've no right to moan either

I won't be voting Tory though..

These election threads on 19:14 - Apr 24 with 854 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

These election threads on 19:04 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

Why can't you vote Tory?

I just can't.

Don't like what they stand for tbh

Login to get fewer ads

These election threads on 19:15 - Apr 24 with 851 viewsgordon

These election threads on 19:14 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I won't be voting Tory though..

Fair play. Me neither.
These election threads on 19:15 - Apr 24 with 849 viewsGlasgowBlue

These election threads on 19:14 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I just can't.

Don't like what they stand for tbh

What do you think they stand for?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

These election threads on 19:22 - Apr 24 with 836 viewsArcher4721

These election threads on 19:04 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

Why can't you vote Tory?

He's 18 not 81.

Please tell me what can the Tories offer an 18 year old?
These election threads on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 833 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

These election threads on 19:15 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

What do you think they stand for?

I THINK that they care far more about the big businessman than the do the everyday person.

Typified over the last few years when George Osborne would do all them speeches about how this recession is hurting us all and we are all in this together. At the same time he was trying to cut money for pensions.

I Bl00dy hated that bloke and did a little dance when I heard on the Beeb last week he had left his MP role

These election threads on 19:24 - Apr 24 with 828 viewsvapour_trail

These election threads on 19:23 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I THINK that they care far more about the big businessman than the do the everyday person.

Typified over the last few years when George Osborne would do all them speeches about how this recession is hurting us all and we are all in this together. At the same time he was trying to cut money for pensions.

I Bl00dy hated that bloke and did a little dance when I heard on the Beeb last week he had left his MP role

If there's one group the tories have protected rommers, it's pensioners.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

These election threads on 19:25 - Apr 24 with 826 viewsjas0999

Well, I usually make up my mind on the day. But in fairness, there is zero chance of me voting for Labour with Corbyn at the helm.
These election threads on 19:26 - Apr 24 with 824 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

These election threads on 19:24 - Apr 24 by vapour_trail

If there's one group the tories have protected rommers, it's pensioners.

Really?

They do love to cut the normal people though it seems.

These election threads on 19:50 - Apr 24 with 794 viewsNewcyBlue

I did that who I side with thing that Laggers posted the other day.

78% Greens, rather ironically like my diet at the moment...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

These election threads on 20:05 - Apr 24 with 778 viewsMJallday

I'm honestly not sure

- I can't vote Tory.

why cant you vote tory?

youve given reasons for everyone else. i mean its fair enough, but i just found that interesting.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

These election threads on 20:08 - Apr 24 with 768 viewsTexaco73

There is another method of choosing.
Vote for the candidate for your constituency that lives closest to you. That candidate regardless of party affiliation is likely to have a better understanding of the issues where you live and more likely to fight local issues on your behalf. (Especially if it affects them.)
Idealogically of course this is what parliament should be made up of - representives of each community working to help us all, rather than party puppets. There are good MP's out there, it's just difficult to get past the party politics.
I think one of the biggest issues with politics is you have to personally work hard to find out the information for yourself to make informed judgements. Not only is there party power politics to cut through, there is a wealth of bias in the media, outright lies and exaggeration for all agendas and view points.
Everyone's view points and personal situation is different, therefore you have to pick based on what you can find out for yourself and which person fits most with your views and values.
You are voting for the person to represent you after all.
These election threads on 20:09 - Apr 24 with 764 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

These election threads on 20:05 - Apr 24 by MJallday

why cant you vote tory?

youve given reasons for everyone else. i mean its fair enough, but i just found that interesting.

I just completely disagree with their principles

I don't like politicians generally. And the Conservatives seem the worst end of politician.

There's 2 reasons

These election threads on 20:16 - Apr 24 with 754 viewsClapham_Junction

These election threads on 20:08 - Apr 24 by Texaco73

There is another method of choosing.
Vote for the candidate for your constituency that lives closest to you. That candidate regardless of party affiliation is likely to have a better understanding of the issues where you live and more likely to fight local issues on your behalf. (Especially if it affects them.)
Idealogically of course this is what parliament should be made up of - representives of each community working to help us all, rather than party puppets. There are good MP's out there, it's just difficult to get past the party politics.
I think one of the biggest issues with politics is you have to personally work hard to find out the information for yourself to make informed judgements. Not only is there party power politics to cut through, there is a wealth of bias in the media, outright lies and exaggeration for all agendas and view points.
Everyone's view points and personal situation is different, therefore you have to pick based on what you can find out for yourself and which person fits most with your views and values.
You are voting for the person to represent you after all.

A related method: Vote for the candidate who is mostly likely to know what life is like for their constituents.

Someone who has lived in the constituency for years, not just since they got selected as the candidate. If they've been a local councillor, even better as they will have had several years experience of dealing with the public and know what the local issues are.

Someone who has had a real job and got into the job market the normal way. Not someone who went to work as a researcher or Spad for their party straight out of uni, nor someone from a wealthy family who was given a job by their parents in the family firm.

The spads/researchers -> politicians conveyor belt is one of the reasons politics is in the mess we see.
These election threads on 20:17 - Apr 24 with 749 viewsMJallday

These election threads on 20:09 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I just completely disagree with their principles

I don't like politicians generally. And the Conservatives seem the worst end of politician.

There's 2 reasons

your first reason is fair enough. i can see how youve got there

your second reason is interesting. it was the point i was making yesterday. people vote for people. you can apply that reasoning to ANY of the parties - so i dont think "because theyre tory politicans and they seem worse than the other bunch " is a good reason not to vote for them tbh. some of them might be lovely.

for me, i dont have any reason NOT to vote for torys. they are maintaining the status quo - and thats what this country needs at the moment - stability. i dont think the other parties offer that at all.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

These election threads on 20:20 - Apr 24 with 738 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

These election threads on 20:17 - Apr 24 by MJallday

your first reason is fair enough. i can see how youve got there

your second reason is interesting. it was the point i was making yesterday. people vote for people. you can apply that reasoning to ANY of the parties - so i dont think "because theyre tory politicans and they seem worse than the other bunch " is a good reason not to vote for them tbh. some of them might be lovely.

for me, i dont have any reason NOT to vote for torys. they are maintaining the status quo - and thats what this country needs at the moment - stability. i dont think the other parties offer that at all.

It's a shame Labour doesn't have David Miliband leading as I'd vote for him and them 100%

But not Corbyn with his trident views.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024