Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey 17:46 - Apr 24 with 3968 viewsGlasgowBlue

Even Wales is going towards the Tories

Should Jezza stand down now to give Labour half a chance?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 17:46]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Blimey on 07:10 - Apr 25 with 1205 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey on 01:00 - Apr 25 by Ryorry

If they get trounced he would surely have to step down? Anything else would be a kick in the teeth to the notion that he's a principled man.

I'll say it again. He will go nowhere if they lose.

If he steps down the Lsbour leadership rules insist a candidate must receive 25% of the PLP to nominate them. The PLP will never put forward another far left candidate.

The far left finally have the leadership of the Labour Party. Do you think they will let it go willingly.

Currently John McDonnell is trying to get through a rule change that will reduce the threshold needed from the PLP. They are also trying to take over the executive so momentum can deselect moderate Labour MP's and replace them with their own people.

Trust me when I say that the election is not the battle that preoccupies Corbyn and co. It's the battle for control of the Labour Party.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey on 12:25 - Apr 25 with 1158 viewsmutters

Blimey on 07:10 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

I'll say it again. He will go nowhere if they lose.

If he steps down the Lsbour leadership rules insist a candidate must receive 25% of the PLP to nominate them. The PLP will never put forward another far left candidate.

The far left finally have the leadership of the Labour Party. Do you think they will let it go willingly.

Currently John McDonnell is trying to get through a rule change that will reduce the threshold needed from the PLP. They are also trying to take over the executive so momentum can deselect moderate Labour MP's and replace them with their own people.

Trust me when I say that the election is not the battle that preoccupies Corbyn and co. It's the battle for control of the Labour Party.

I can see a split coming then.

The left will destroy the party, but in their eyes they are returning it to its natural position. Very interesting times ahead.

Who said politics is boring?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Blimey on 12:31 - Apr 25 with 1150 viewsSarge

Blimey on 21:26 - Apr 24 by BLUEGOLD

I'm all right Jack and screw the rest.

Cut poor peoples benefits and give them to the higher earners, that's fair.

To55er

The increase in personal allowance benefits the lowest earners the most. Meant that when I was earning £14k a year, I pretty much got it tax free.

It's the one, and so far only thing I can think of, that I'm grateful to the tories for.
Blimey on 12:39 - Apr 25 with 1138 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey on 17:56 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Only 13% for the Welsh party in Wales is pretty sh1t as well ain't it?

They can never do a SNP as the language gets in the way. Plaid have traditionally been thought of as the Welsh speaker's party rather than the party for the whole of Wales. So yeah, it's pretty poor from them. They need to break down those barriers and haven't. Plus the fact that Leanne Wood isn't the strongest leader -certainly doesn't help. If they haven't been able to make gains over the last 5-6 years they never will.

UKIP had made good ground here, especially from LD and Labour. Now it looks their voters are going over to the Tories, presumably because of Brexit.

Nowt que3r as folk.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blimey on 12:39 - Apr 25 with 1139 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey on 12:25 - Apr 25 by mutters

I can see a split coming then.

The left will destroy the party, but in their eyes they are returning it to its natural position. Very interesting times ahead.

Who said politics is boring?

They'll definitely be a split but how much is the brand name worth in electoral terms.

The moderates and soft left MP's like Hilary Benn, Chuka Umunna, Liz Kendal, Yvette Cooper etc may well form a new centre left party but it wont' be called Labour.

Meanwhile Jezza and his band of swivel eyed loons will keep the brand name.

It will be like Ronnie Wood keeping the name the Rolling Stones whilst Jagger, Wyman, Richards and Watts performing under a diferent name.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey on 18:25 - Apr 25 with 1108 viewsBLUEGOLD

Blimey on 12:31 - Apr 25 by Sarge

The increase in personal allowance benefits the lowest earners the most. Meant that when I was earning £14k a year, I pretty much got it tax free.

It's the one, and so far only thing I can think of, that I'm grateful to the tories for.

Income tax should start at £20,000 for all.

The higher earners should pay more tax.

The spending on goods and services will be a huge boost to the economy
Blimey on 18:32 - Apr 25 with 1103 viewsbazza

Blimey on 18:25 - Apr 25 by BLUEGOLD

Income tax should start at £20,000 for all.

The higher earners should pay more tax.

The spending on goods and services will be a huge boost to the economy

So 40% after £20,000??? Basically what your saying is you want people who take on more work and stress to not be any better off than low Income earners...
Blimey on 18:42 - Apr 25 with 1098 viewsSarge

Blimey on 18:32 - Apr 25 by bazza

So 40% after £20,000??? Basically what your saying is you want people who take on more work and stress to not be any better off than low Income earners...

I don't think he meant the higher rate.
Login to get fewer ads

Blimey on 19:11 - Apr 25 with 1080 viewsBLUEGOLD

Blimey on 18:32 - Apr 25 by bazza

Obviously not 40% after £20,000

How about

20% from £20,000 to £40,000

40% from £40,000 to £75,000

50% from £75,000

That shouldn't hurt too much and allows a proper pay rise for lower earners and provide £10 per hour as a minimum wage.
Blimey on 19:21 - Apr 25 with 1075 viewsbazza

Blimey on 19:11 - Apr 25 by BLUEGOLD

Obviously not 40% after £20,000

How about

20% from £20,000 to £40,000

40% from £40,000 to £75,000

50% from £75,000

That shouldn't hurt too much and allows a proper pay rise for lower earners and provide £10 per hour as a minimum wage.

I'm now voting for blue gold. !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024