Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? 20:39 - Apr 24 with 4831 viewschristiand

I'm thinking management, squad and fan-wise. I'd be really interested to see what we feel out there. Be honest and answer with your head rather than your heart. The club is crying out for changes, but to what extent?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

on 20:43 - Apr 24 with 4001 views_

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:45 - Apr 24 with 3976 viewsGuthrum

on 20:43 - Apr 24 by _

Pretty much this, yes.

Some of the loans and freebies will turn out to be rather good and we may have a decent season on the pitch. But it will do nothing for the fans' mood.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 20:45]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:46 - Apr 24 with 3956 viewsBackToRussia

It's not going to be exactly like last Summer....

.... is it? :(

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:51 - Apr 24 with 3942 viewsMullet

Mick will stay.

Mass clear-out of squad.

Bart sold and "stand in way" type rhetoric used.

More will renew than made out on here.

We'll loan in someone akin to Fraser and Lawrence who will be written off and then loved and then scorned and then mourned.

Smith will play like a second tier Butcher and make a case for club captain at the end of the season when Chambers leaves.

Town will finish about 8th after spending more than Mick's entire reign combined. Mick will not renew saying the challenge is too much.

Kundai Benyu will be linked with half of the Premier League after a season of having Skuse guiding him along and Rowe will be the latest player to be better when he doesn't play after some early form making him a new cult hero in Suffolk.

Norwich will go bust as a cold wind off of Berr street blows a local chip pan fire mysteriously too close to their hovel of a ground and Aviva give them one of these

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:52 - Apr 24 with 3932 viewschristiand

With you on this Libero, no change in manager which is a pity as we need one to move forwards. Think MM has done as much he can, but I'm not convinced he is right for us long term. Quite a few of the fringe players moved on or contracts cancelled and Bart to be sold for £2.75m. We'll put in a few token bids as normal, but get none of our targets. Club will see from season ticket sales they are way down and try and put other incentives in to entice us back....perhaps ruled by heart there!! Just not very hopeful at all if I'm being honest.

on 20:52 - Apr 24 with 3933 views_

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:46 - Apr 24 by BackToRussia

It's not going to be exactly like last Summer....

.... is it? :(

on 20:54 - Apr 24 with 3924 views_

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:52 - Apr 24 by christiand

With you on this Libero, no change in manager which is a pity as we need one to move forwards. Think MM has done as much he can, but I'm not convinced he is right for us long term. Quite a few of the fringe players moved on or contracts cancelled and Bart to be sold for £2.75m. We'll put in a few token bids as normal, but get none of our targets. Club will see from season ticket sales they are way down and try and put other incentives in to entice us back....perhaps ruled by heart there!! Just not very hopeful at all if I'm being honest.

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:57 - Apr 24 with 3902 viewschristiand

on 20:54 - Apr 24 by _

I can see Bart going to someone like Brighton, Newcastle or Sunderland - they'll be able to offer more than what we can.

Login to get fewer ads

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:58 - Apr 24 with 3894 viewsMullet

I can't see how Bart stays. Now is the time for him to make a move and set himself up for life, maybe even bother the Polish squad etc.

He's the only one likely to attract a bid we'd not be able to turn down. Pitman is worth very little, Berra is out of contract unless we take an option up I think, Bishop is worth about 2 tins of hair mousse and a couple of paid tweets.

All points to a new keeper on a free and a couple of pricey loans.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:59 - Apr 24 with 3885 viewsjas0999

Exactly thus. Lots of spin.
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 21:05 - Apr 24 with 3858 viewschristiand

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:58 - Apr 24 by Mullet

I can't see how Bart stays. Now is the time for him to make a move and set himself up for life, maybe even bother the Polish squad etc.

He's the only one likely to attract a bid we'd not be able to turn down. Pitman is worth very little, Berra is out of contract unless we take an option up I think, Bishop is worth about 2 tins of hair mousse and a couple of paid tweets.

All points to a new keeper on a free and a couple of pricey loans.

Agree completely mullet. Bart needs to be selfish and fulfill his own potential and ambitions. Unfortunately, he can't do that with us but he deserves the opportunity. Gerken isn't up to the job if we are wanting to push for the play offs, he has too many mistakes in his game to be a top 6 keeper.

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 21:07 - Apr 24 with 3844 viewsbrogansnose

Surely we will see the permanent signing of Huws and a striker. Anything less , although predictable on previous experience, would be very dissapointing.
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 21:11 - Apr 24 with 3821 viewstractorboy1978

McGoldrick is still our only player with that something extra to trouble teams. I think Bart will go and Gerken will be number one and that fills me with complete dread.
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 21:22 - Apr 24 with 3775 viewstractorboy1978

Mick stays

Bart is sold, Gerken becomes number one and Evans/Milne spin that the money has been re-invested in the wage budget

Dozzell/Benyu get about 10 appearances between them all season

We fail to land our big targets and Williams returns on 31 August for his 200th loan spell. We all state 'great signing if he can stay fit'

We sign a couple of average, out of contract players to fill out the squad and replace the average out of contract players that have left
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 21:36 - Apr 24 with 3695 viewsRobTheMonk

- Chamber and Berra gone.
- Taylor to get a years contract and to play with Webster with Smith/Knudsen/Spence/Digby to come in if needed.
- Bart to go to West Ham. I was reading that Adrian wants a move back to Spain. A move to London would be logical for Bart as it's still reasonably close to Ipswich where he's stated he wants to be.
- Huws to be signed (more hope than expectation).
- Another CM to be signed.
- Marley Watkins or a player similar to be signed.
- A new keeper to be purchased with view to be a number 1. Is Webster still GK coach? What other keepers has he worked with in the past? Probably sign on of them.
- A journeyman to be signed as that always happens.

For the first time in a while I'm slightly concerned about what happens in the summer. The game against Newcastle showed that we can actually play some good stuff when we're not playing hoofball. That game against Lincoln remains one of the most ridiculous performances I've seen from Ipswich.
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 21:36 - Apr 24 with 3698 viewsTIB

Isgrove from Southampton is my first guess at a signing...his contract is up and Mick has mentioned him before. From there...I see us spending money on a striker but after that I think it'll be much the same, a few freebies and loans.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 22:20 - Apr 24 with 3578 viewsolimar

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 20:51 - Apr 24 by Mullet

Mick will stay.

Mass clear-out of squad.

Bart sold and "stand in way" type rhetoric used.

More will renew than made out on here.

We'll loan in someone akin to Fraser and Lawrence who will be written off and then loved and then scorned and then mourned.

Smith will play like a second tier Butcher and make a case for club captain at the end of the season when Chambers leaves.

Town will finish about 8th after spending more than Mick's entire reign combined. Mick will not renew saying the challenge is too much.

Kundai Benyu will be linked with half of the Premier League after a season of having Skuse guiding him along and Rowe will be the latest player to be better when he doesn't play after some early form making him a new cult hero in Suffolk.

Norwich will go bust as a cold wind off of Berr street blows a local chip pan fire mysteriously too close to their hovel of a ground and Aviva give them one of these

Youre dead right about Rowe.
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 11:13 - Apr 25 with 3312 viewsNo9

Well, it is begining to look like MM staying so I would not expect much to happen at all.
How many times has he said he has the best squad? How many time has he told the fans that players they think are not up to it that he thinks they are brilliant?
Why would he want to change things that, from his perspective are so good?
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 11:16 - Apr 25 with 3299 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 21:07 - Apr 24 by brogansnose

Surely we will see the permanent signing of Huws and a striker. Anything less , although predictable on previous experience, would be very dissapointing.

We just absolutely have to sign him and that elusive murph replacement

So on that basis, we absolutely won't

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 11:45 - Apr 25 with 3259 viewsLightningboy

The biggest problem is "if" McCarthy stays on he's never going to be more than 2 poor performances away from all of this kicking off again - no matter how much he tries to "freshen" things up during the summer.

He had the last of his 9 lives,his last roll of the dice or however you want to put it with the Lincoln debacle...him now staying is totally de-stabilising rather than stabilising the club,the players and the fans.

A new manager that the majority of fans (you can't please everyone) actually want with a good footballing philosophy has to come in asap otherwise we're just stuck in this vicious circle.
What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 11:47 - Apr 25 with 3250 viewschicoazul

MMc will stay. Usual churn of about 10 in 10 or so out. About 10k season tix. Das it mane.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 12:29 - Apr 25 with 3188 viewsIpswichTownNL

Evans not investing in January made some sort of sense. We were never going down and investing would have gotten us 12th instead of ~ 16th. Big deal. This summer we’ll find out what Evans plans really are and I don’t think anyone has clue with what to expect.

What I would want is to reduce the squad drastically. I wouldn’t mind us selling Bart — I would, of course, but it’s happening anyway — for 5 Mil and invest it all in GOALS. Football is not as complicated as most want to make us believe.

We scored 48 goals which ranks us 19th in that regard. We conceded 54 which would rank us 9th. I like Skuse as much as the next guy but 1 goal in 3452 matches is simply not good for any midfielder.

We need at least ~ 20 more goals to somehow compete for the play–offs. Conceding about 5 goals less would make us competitive and I’m sure Webster can get that job done.

Simply drop all the dead wood (8/9 players) and invest it all in two scoring midfielders and one decent striker. If we keep running like sh*t injury wise we might get in trouble but that horrible streak has to end at some point. I hope…

Also. Spend 1 million on sacking Mick.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 12:32 - Apr 25 with 3173 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think we're on the cusp of something, but I'm not sure what. I would like to think that this season has been a bit of a wake up call and that ME will up his game over the summer and be more proactive, be that backing Mick better or whatever.

That might be wishful thinking. It's the thought that he's comfortably numb to it all that saps the enthusiasm.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 13:38 - Apr 25 with 3088 viewssouthnorfolkblue

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 12:32 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

I think we're on the cusp of something, but I'm not sure what. I would like to think that this season has been a bit of a wake up call and that ME will up his game over the summer and be more proactive, be that backing Mick better or whatever.

That might be wishful thinking. It's the thought that he's comfortably numb to it all that saps the enthusiasm.

If we are on the cusp of anything, its relegation rather than promotion imo.

My predictions for the summer are:

MM will stay.

Bart will be sold and his transfer fee will be used to set off the drop in income from the loss of ST sales, which will be significant. ME will not change his investment strategy and will blame the non renewing fans for the lack of new players.

Some dead wood will go because contracts have expired, but most of it will remain because we simply cant shift it.

Next season will be more of the same, except that the battle to stay up will be even harder.

Jeez that's depressing.

Poll: Our final position

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 13:56 - Apr 25 with 3047 viewsRadlett_blue

What do you realistically expect to see happen over the summer? on 13:38 - Apr 25 by southnorfolkblue

If we are on the cusp of anything, its relegation rather than promotion imo.

My predictions for the summer are:

MM will stay.

Bart will be sold and his transfer fee will be used to set off the drop in income from the loss of ST sales, which will be significant. ME will not change his investment strategy and will blame the non renewing fans for the lack of new players.

Some dead wood will go because contracts have expired, but most of it will remain because we simply cant shift it.

Next season will be more of the same, except that the battle to stay up will be even harder.

Jeez that's depressing.

If Evans remains our owner, I can't see him changing his funding of Town by much so, yes, Bart could well be sold if a decent bid comes in. I also think that if Evans stays, so does Mick as he will probably keep us in this league on the current budget.
We do have enough decent young players for me to think that next season might be marginally better, especially if we secure a decent target man (better than Dominic Samuel, I hope), but Tom Lawrence's goals & assists will leave a big hole.
Getting Huws would make me feel a little better, but I'm not hopeful.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024