Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10:35 - Apr 25 with 7621 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:38 - Apr 25 with 1882 viewsStokieBlue

Maybe because he keeps doing strange things? Maybe because his party have twice already had to come out later in the day and clarify Labour policy because he's made something up in an interview or speech which isn't actually the party policy? I can't remember any other party leaders doing that and if I've missed it then it certainly wasn't as frequently as JC. He's bringing a lot of this on himself.

There wouldn't be so much ammunition for the press and airtime if he didn't keep blundering.

Conversely, May should be out there more actually doing stuff, seems quite absent at the moment.

SB
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 10:39]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:40 - Apr 25 with 1873 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes it does, and I'm no Corbyn or Labour apologist. There's a lot of fuss over someone who is supposedly no threat.

But I also find his cult-like worship status amongst a certain number of the Labour party to be equally strange. I know someone who falls into this bracket and his behaviour is obsessive to put it mildly. I don't think I could ever sell my soul to an individual I don't know and never will in that way. Especially over a matter such as politics.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:41 - Apr 25 with 1863 viewshype313

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:38 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

Maybe because he keeps doing strange things? Maybe because his party have twice already had to come out later in the day and clarify Labour policy because he's made something up in an interview or speech which isn't actually the party policy? I can't remember any other party leaders doing that and if I've missed it then it certainly wasn't as frequently as JC. He's bringing a lot of this on himself.

There wouldn't be so much ammunition for the press and airtime if he didn't keep blundering.

Conversely, May should be out there more actually doing stuff, seems quite absent at the moment.

SB

May doesn't need to go out, the Tories seems to be content with letting Labour make themselves look inept.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:42 - Apr 25 with 1861 viewsnrb1985

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:38 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

SB

May doesnt need to do or say anything. By doing doing things she opens up the possibility of blundering or giving people a sound bite to latch onto.

She is naturally very cautious and she knows she's highly likely to win big as long as she doesn't do anything stupid. This is why she isn't going to do a TV debate, where's the upside for her?

As you say, Labour doing her job for her at the moment.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 10:44]
I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:43 - Apr 25 with 1849 viewsunbelievablue

Smear might be taking it a little far. Are people openly and falsely accusing him of things, or just (rightly, or wrongly), taking the p!ss out of policy and personality?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

on 10:45 - Apr 25 with 1835 views_

SB

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:45 - Apr 25 with 1825 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:41 - Apr 25 by hype313

May doesn't need to go out, the Tories seems to be content with letting Labour make themselves look inept.

Which is wrong in my opinion.

Becoming PM shouldn't be about letting someone else prove how inept and rubbish they are. She should be out there proving why she is the best person for the job with policies the public want.

It shouldn't be a rush to the bottom.

SB

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:46 - Apr 25 with 1827 viewslowhouseblue

you realise that the tory strategy is to let him get as much media coverage as possible and not get in his way? he is pretty much a self smearing politician.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:46 - Apr 25 with 1825 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not sure how it's 'smearing' if they're just pointing a mic at him and letting him talk. See also: any UKIP representative, ever.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:46 - Apr 25 with 1816 viewsunbelievablue

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:46 - Apr 25 by lowhouseblue

you realise that the tory strategy is to let him get as much media coverage as possible and not get in his way? he is pretty much a self smearing politician.

I think smear is being incorrectly used here.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

on 10:48 - Apr 25 with 1802 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:43 - Apr 25 by unbelievablue

Smear might be taking it a little far. Are people openly and falsely accusing him of things, or just (rightly, or wrongly), taking the p!ss out of policy and personality?

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:48 - Apr 25 with 1797 viewsStokieBlue

on 10:45 - Apr 25 by _

He has twice made up policy which has then been changed by his spokeman later in the day:

1) Second referendum - took Labour 10 hours to then say this wasn't actually policy.
2) Defence - he said this was under review, Labour have said they have a firm policy even if he disagrees with it.

I've not been following it as closely as some either I confess.

I think that's harsh on the media, if someone isn't crystal clear and in line with their party MPs and spokepeople then of course the media are going to focus on that. They wouldn't being doing their jobs if they didn't.

SB

Edit: Didn't mean to down vote you, was looking at who voted.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 10:49]

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:48 - Apr 25 with 1798 viewshype313

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:45 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

Becoming PM shouldn't be about letting someone else prove how inept and rubbish they are. She should be out there proving why she is the best person for the job with policies the public want.

SB

It is wrong, but you can't blame May for capitalising on Corbyn's failures.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:49 - Apr 25 with 1786 viewsStokieBlue

on 10:48 - Apr 25 by _

Whether they are a threat is surely entirely irrelevant.

If you are a reporter you jump on mistakes. The threat level is something the Tories would worry about, not the media.

I think you need to look at it from a journalists point of view, not a party point of view.

SB
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 10:52]

on 10:50 - Apr 25 with 1791 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:46 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure how it's 'smearing' if they're just pointing a mic at him and letting him talk. See also: any UKIP representative, ever.

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:51 - Apr 25 with 1774 viewsNo9

If they are not scared of him they could do better than to give him more coverage than all the others put together.
Even after the BBC have admitted to misrepresent him they don't cease to.
Disgraceful broadcasting, fortunately my TV has an off switch
on 10:54 - Apr 25 with 1758 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:48 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

He has twice made up policy which has then been changed by his spokeman later in the day:

1) Second referendum - took Labour 10 hours to then say this wasn't actually policy.
2) Defence - he said this was under review, Labour have said they have a firm policy even if he disagrees with it.

I've not been following it as closely as some either I confess.

I think that's harsh on the media, if someone isn't crystal clear and in line with their party MPs and spokepeople then of course the media are going to focus on that. They wouldn't being doing their jobs if they didn't.

SB

Edit: Didn't mean to down vote you, was looking at who voted.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 10:49]

on 10:56 - Apr 25 with 1747 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:40 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

Yes it does, and I'm no Corbyn or Labour apologist. There's a lot of fuss over someone who is supposedly no threat.

But I also find his cult-like worship status amongst a certain number of the Labour party to be equally strange. I know someone who falls into this bracket and his behaviour is obsessive to put it mildly. I don't think I could ever sell my soul to an individual I don't know and never will in that way. Especially over a matter such as politics.

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:57 - Apr 25 with 1739 viewsBlueBadger

on 10:50 - Apr 25 by _

In that most of the time all you have to do is point at mic at him and let him make a prat of himself? Yes. Any halfway sensible Labour voter/member must get the same feeling about his pressers as Greens did about Natalie Bennett's interviews in 2015.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

on 10:57 - Apr 25 with 1739 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:46 - Apr 25 by lowhouseblue

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:58 - Apr 25 with 1730 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:40 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

Particularly when the individual in question has all the ability and charisma of an inept supply teacher taking a geography class.

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:59 - Apr 25 with 1722 viewsStokieBlue

on 10:54 - Apr 25 by _

I don't think it's an intentional sustained attack, I think he has more airtime because he keeps making mistakes. In both those instances, if he had stayed on party message there wouldn't have been a story and he wouldn't have been on TV all day being highlighted as off-message and disorganised.

If May changed policy like that mid-interview then I would expect the media to be all over that as well highlighting disorganisation within the Tory party.

I guess in summary, I just feel he brings an awful lot on himself with his own actions. He creates the issue himself. I guess, because you view JC differently to me (I assume), you see it as a relentless attack.

SB

on 10:59 - Apr 25 with 1724 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:49 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

Whether they are a threat is surely entirely irrelevant.

If you are a reporter you jump on mistakes. The threat level is something the Tories would worry about, not the media.

I think you need to look at it from a journalists point of view, not a party point of view.

SB
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 10:52]

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:00 - Apr 25 with 1724 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:45 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

SB

Agreed, but that wasn't her approach to securing the PM role and she won't change now. She quite happily sat back and watched he challengers dismantle themselves. She's always been the snake in the grass waiting for an opportunity for self advancement.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:02 - Apr 25 with 1701 viewsStokieBlue

on 10:59 - Apr 25 by _

I think it's a little pazelle but I can understand why JC supporters would see it that way.

Many would accuse the BBC of being very leftie.

In the end, it's better for everyone if they report on the issues and mistakes, if JC keeps making mistakes he will be on the TV more - it should be as simple as that.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024