Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10:35 - Apr 25 with 7622 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:06 - Apr 25 with 1126 viewsvapour_trail

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:00 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

Agreed, but that wasn't her approach to securing the PM role and she won't change now. She quite happily sat back and watched he challengers dismantle themselves. She's always been the snake in the grass waiting for an opportunity for self advancement.

See also the referendum campaign. She stayed out of it for the most part. It is more about her than any policy direction.

As for Corbyn. Car crash.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

on 11:06 - Apr 25 with 1126 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:59 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

I don't think it's an intentional sustained attack, I think he has more airtime because he keeps making mistakes. In both those instances, if he had stayed on party message there wouldn't have been a story and he wouldn't have been on TV all day being highlighted as off-message and disorganised.

If May changed policy like that mid-interview then I would expect the media to be all over that as well highlighting disorganisation within the Tory party.

I guess in summary, I just feel he brings an awful lot on himself with his own actions. He creates the issue himself. I guess, because you view JC differently to me (I assume), you see it as a relentless attack.

SB

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:07 - Apr 25 with 1127 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 10:45 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

Which is wrong in my opinion.

Becoming PM shouldn't be about letting someone else prove how inept and rubbish they are. She should be out there proving why she is the best person for the job with policies the public want.

It shouldn't be a rush to the bottom.

SB

It's my long-held suspicion that she's nowhere near as competent as her PR would like to suggest and all this is less a grand strategy to make her look good as opposed to keeping her out of the line of fire.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:07 - Apr 25 with 1119 viewsNo9

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:02 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

I think it's a little pazelle but I can understand why JC supporters would see it that way.

Many would accuse the BBC of being very leftie.

In the end, it's better for everyone if they report on the issues and mistakes, if JC keeps making mistakes he will be on the TV more - it should be as simple as that.

SB

We have been having this anti Corbyn diatribribe from the BBC for nearly 2 years now. It has become very boring & despite the fact the political editor has had her knuckles rapped for misrepresentation[presenting Corbyn it doesn't stop.
After all this time we know full well labour are split top to bottom and may not survive BUT, they have not been the government of the country for 7 odd years now and nothing has improved
We are protected from learning how split the tories are particularly on policy nor the lies May is telling.
It is no longer news but propaganda
I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:09 - Apr 25 with 1115 viewshype313

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:07 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

It's my long-held suspicion that she's nowhere near as competent as her PR would like to suggest and all this is less a grand strategy to make her look good as opposed to keeping her out of the line of fire.

I agree, you can see from PMQ's how awkward she is, she should never try to crack a joke either, it doesn't suit her.

However, both her and Corbyn are not smoothies like Cameron and Blair, who had all the style but no substance.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:10 - Apr 25 with 1112 viewsStokieBlue

on 11:06 - Apr 25 by _

If people are truly influenced by Piers Morgan then the country is already lost. I do agree though, there shouldn't be throwaway comments like that without an explanation of reasoning or a disclaimer saying it's his personal opinion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:10 - Apr 25 with 1110 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:07 - Apr 25 by No9

We have been having this anti Corbyn diatribribe from the BBC for nearly 2 years now. It has become very boring & despite the fact the political editor has had her knuckles rapped for misrepresentation[presenting Corbyn it doesn't stop.
After all this time we know full well labour are split top to bottom and may not survive BUT, they have not been the government of the country for 7 odd years now and nothing has improved
We are protected from learning how split the tories are particularly on policy nor the lies May is telling.
It is no longer news but propaganda

I sure hope you haven't switched to Channel 4 because of their 'lack of bias'...

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/no-this-viral-survey-doesnt-suggest-corb

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:11 - Apr 25 with 1111 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:09 - Apr 25 by hype313

I agree, you can see from PMQ's how awkward she is, she should never try to crack a joke either, it doesn't suit her.

However, both her and Corbyn are not smoothies like Cameron and Blair, who had all the style but no substance.

I don't think I agree with that.

I would argue that despite obviously massive mistakes from both Blair and Cameron they were both far more competent politicians than either May or Corbyn.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

on 11:11 - Apr 25 with 1110 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:02 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

I think it's a little pazelle but I can understand why JC supporters would see it that way.

Many would accuse the BBC of being very leftie.

In the end, it's better for everyone if they report on the issues and mistakes, if JC keeps making mistakes he will be on the TV more - it should be as simple as that.

SB

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 1106 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:09 - Apr 25 by hype313

Given that he seems to be wholly ignorant of anything outside his own bubble and unwilling to engage with it I'm not actually convinced that the Dear Leader is the man his cult think he is, either.

on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 1106 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:11 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

I would argue that despite obviously massive mistakes from both Blair and Cameron they were both far more competent politicians than either May or Corbyn.

SB

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:13 - Apr 25 with 1104 viewsBlueBadger

on 11:11 - Apr 25 by _

If anything, I'd suggest it was the opposite way round.

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:13 - Apr 25 with 1104 viewsStokieBlue

on 11:11 - Apr 25 by _

I wouldn't belittle them having any sway over the media, I would just hope that in a country such as ours the majority of stories would be decided by the media on merit rather than by some lobbyist from either party.

I'm probably being naive on this point though.

SB

on 11:14 - Apr 25 with 1103 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:10 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

If people are truly influenced by Piers Morgan then the country is already lost. I do agree though, there shouldn't be throwaway comments like that without an explanation of reasoning or a disclaimer saying it's his personal opinion.

SB

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:22 - Apr 25 with 1085 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ed Miliband was treated worse by the media

Even him eating they used against him. 5000 frames per second. Of course that picture would look silly.

And then Paxman was laughing at him on the BBC for no reason.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:23 - Apr 25 with 1078 viewsnoggin

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:22 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Even him eating they used against him. 5000 frames per second. Of course that picture would look silly.

It's all rather pathetic isn't it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

on 11:25 - Apr 25 with 1072 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:22 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:29 - Apr 25 with 1063 viewslowhouseblue

on 10:57 - Apr 25 by _

'they're trying to sell it you'. no. i can read and observe and interpret. it's the conclusion I've reached. don't treat other people as being thick and easily fooled and assume that you (and those who agree with you) are the ones clever enough to see through it all.

corbyn is unpopular because he is incompetent and his views aren't shared by most labour voters. it isn't a media trick and the people who don't trust him aren't stupid.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:31 - Apr 25 with 1053 views26_Paz

William Hague and Iain Duncan Smith were similarly useless and took similar hammerings from the press.

The Paz Man

on 11:33 - Apr 25 with 1044 views_

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:29 - Apr 25 by lowhouseblue

'they're trying to sell it you'. no. i can read and observe and interpret. it's the conclusion I've reached. don't treat other people as being thick and easily fooled and assume that you (and those who agree with you) are the ones clever enough to see through it all.

corbyn is unpopular because he is incompetent and his views aren't shared by most labour voters. it isn't a media trick and the people who don't trust him aren't stupid.

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:35 - Apr 25 with 1041 viewschicoazul

It is odd, yes. I like the fact that the guy actually believes in different things from the majority of consensus politicians. The Media do hate his guts though. Probably because they are part of the neoliberal consensus.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:37 - Apr 25 with 1026 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:23 - Apr 25 by noggin

It's all rather pathetic isn't it.

Massively

My grandad had the parliament questions on last week before they voted for the election. It was honestly like a children's playground. As soon as Corbyn or May said something, 100 people on either side would start with the 'wheeeeyyyyyyy' and cheering.

Absolute embarrassment to the United Kingdom

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:44 - Apr 25 with 1010 viewschicoazul

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:37 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Massively

My grandad had the parliament questions on last week before they voted for the election. It was honestly like a children's playground. As soon as Corbyn or May said something, 100 people on either side would start with the 'wheeeeyyyyyyy' and cheering.

Absolute embarrassment to the United Kingdom

Hey bloody hell my post disappeared.

I said something like I think you are wrong and our system of adversarial govt is an excellent one, and the format in the HoC does a great job of holding our politicians views to account.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 11:46]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 12:01 - Apr 25 with 982 viewsmikeybloo88

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:35 - Apr 25 by chicoazul

It is odd, yes. I like the fact that the guy actually believes in different things from the majority of consensus politicians. The Media do hate his guts though. Probably because they are part of the neoliberal consensus.

The majority of consensus politicians always believed the IRA terror campaign wasn't a good thing and was to be roundly condemned and eradicated. The fact that JC believed and still believes differently should be the only reason needed to make it inconceivable to vote for him or a party that would have him leader, no matter how many other cuddly and fluffy policies they come up with.
I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 12:30 - Apr 25 with 956 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think I can turn the TV on without someone trying to smear Corbyn... on 11:11 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

SB

Which given how inept Cameron was, is quite something.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024