Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob 12:32 - Apr 25 with 3132 viewsLord_Lucan

Are there any things that you thought were fact but turned out to be rubbish?

For some time I thought that Josh Saviano (Paul from The Wonder Years) became Marilyn Manson - until I realised the dates don't add up.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 12:33]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:39 - Apr 25 with 3079 viewsPJH

Did that say Monroe before editing or did I imagine it?

Could have been a calamitous boob,appropriate for Marilyn Monroe.
After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:44 - Apr 25 with 3058 viewsGeoffSentence

Not a fact as such but a pronunciation.

I was in my 30s before I realised that I had got it all wrong and portakabin was not pronounced portaka-bin.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:49 - Apr 25 with 3030 viewsWeWereZombies

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:44 - Apr 25 by GeoffSentence

I was in my 30s before I realised that I had got it all wrong and portakabin was not pronounced portaka-bin.

Mr. Papworth at Castle Hill Junior once had an eight year old girl in tears because he had hauled her out in front of class and made her repeat the word 'column' until she said it without pronouncing the n as a separate syllable.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:49 - Apr 25 with 3030 viewsSWGF

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:44 - Apr 25 by GeoffSentence

Was into my 20s before I knew hyperbole wasn't pronounced as a step up from the Super Bowl.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:51 - Apr 25 with 3002 viewsLord_Lucan

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:49 - Apr 25 by SWGF

Was into my 20s before I knew hyperbole wasn't pronounced as a step up from the Super Bowl.

Same same.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:53 - Apr 25 with 2990 viewsartsbossbeard

Arkansas, always Arkansas

*goes crimson on remembering conference call with my ex-State side team*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:54 - Apr 25 with 2986 viewsLord_Lucan

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:39 - Apr 25 by PJH

Did that say Monroe before editing or did I imagine it?

Could have been a calamitous boob,appropriate for Marilyn Monroe.

No. I spelt calamitous wrong.

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:54 - Apr 25 with 2986 viewshype313

I always thought the lyrics to Prefab Sprout were "Hot dog, jumping frog, I like cookies".

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:55 - Apr 25 with 2965 viewsPJH

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:54 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

No. I spelt calamitous wrong.

Right,I must have had Marilyn Monroe on my mind for some reason then.
After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:57 - Apr 25 with 2951 viewsSwailsey

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:51 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

Same same.

Found this out last week...

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:59 - Apr 25 with 2942 viewsWeWereZombies

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 12:53 - Apr 25 by artsbossbeard

Arkansas, always Arkansas

*goes crimson on remembering conference call with my ex-State side team*

Driving out from Castlebar in Ireland looking for a road towards Shannonbridge and asking my then girlfriend whose family are from Kilkenny - 'that sign said At Henry to the left, is that the right way?'

After five minutes of her saying there was no At Henry on the map and me saying 'Well, the lettering was big so it must be a sizeable town' it finally dawned on her that I had seen a sign for Athenry..

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 13:10 - Apr 25 with 2919 viewsSporall

That you can run onto the playing surface without consequence.
After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 13:40 - Apr 25 with 2838 viewsThrobbe

My dad filled my sister and I full of amusing lies throughout our childhood, of the 'When the ice cream van is playing music it means they've run out' variety. Even now something we thought was true occasionally catches us out and makes us look stupid.

My sister was in her mid-30's when one of her friends had to gently explain that actually no, it isn't illegal to write a cheque on a Sunday.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 15:16 - Apr 25 with 2741 viewsbluelagos

When I first went to study in Sheffield, the buses had a bit of string running from the ceiling and I thought it was an emergency break cord. Turned out it was to ring the bell for the next stop.

My mates told me, but I thought they were trying to get me in trouble (You get a fine for pulling the emergency stop on a train for no good reason)

Took me about 3 days of missed stops before I plucked up the courage to pull it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 15:21 - Apr 25 with 2719 viewsbluelagos

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 13:40 - Apr 25 by Throbbe

My dad filled my sister and I full of amusing lies throughout our childhood, of the 'When the ice cream van is playing music it means they've run out' variety. Even now something we thought was true occasionally catches us out and makes us look stupid.

My sister was in her mid-30's when one of her friends had to gently explain that actually no, it isn't illegal to write a cheque on a Sunday.

I got had by an ex colleague over her temporary job as a bull teaser. Took about 7 years to learn the truth of how seamen is really collected from bulls.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 17:51 - Apr 25 with 2645 viewsbluebud

For too long a time I thought 7up was called Zup :-(
After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 18:09 - Apr 25 with 2628 viewsblueislander

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 17:51 - Apr 25 by bluebud

For too long a time I thought 7up was called Zup :-(

I thought that Mick McCarthy was going to cease to be Ipswich Town manager just over a week ago. Then I thought the same thing today as well.
After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 23:51 - Apr 25 with 2495 viewsMelford

Bob Holness from Blockbusters played the saxophone on Baker Street.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12120809

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 06:54 - Apr 26 with 2414 viewsLord_Lucan

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 23:51 - Apr 25 by Melford

Bob Holness from Blockbusters played the saxophone on Baker Street.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12120809

I don't want to google this in case I am wrong but I am sure that Bob Holness was the first James Bond - radio version before TV

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 07:06 - Apr 26 with 2401 viewsWarkystache

For years I kept confusing Jenny Seagrove with Jenny Agutter. I still don't know which one was in An American Werewolf in London.

When Call the Midwife first started, I thought "F*ck me, Jenny Seagrove's got ugly in her old age"

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 08:15 - Apr 26 with 2342 viewsWeWereZombies

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 07:06 - Apr 26 by Warkystache

For years I kept confusing Jenny Seagrove with Jenny Agutter. I still don't know which one was in An American Werewolf in London.

When Call the Midwife first started, I thought "F*ck me, Jenny Seagrove's got ugly in her old age"

The Agutter in American Werewolf. I think you are going to have to get a little less choosy as you mature. I would in an instant - but that might just the nun's habit getting me going.

After PJH's calamitous Reg Dwight boob on 09:43 - Apr 26 with 2291 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I can remember driving on a motorway and wondering why someone had put a warning sign out which simply said "Smiles". About five miles further down the road I discovered some roadworks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024