Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Policies in Layman's Terms 12:33 - Apr 25 with 6991 viewsBLUEBEAT

Let's just strip it down to the basics....

How any decent human being can take preference with the blue side is beyond me

Source information:

Corbyn > https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10133/jeremy_corbyn/islington_north/votes

May > https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10426/theresa_may/maidenhead/votes
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 17:25]

Poll: W or W

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:13 - Apr 25 with 2183 viewsNo9

& you can add to that handing out corporate welfare =tories for
Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:14 - Apr 25 with 2183 viewsWeWereZombies

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:11 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

But the list is a nonsense. Foe example TMay voted in favour of increasing the tax free allowance which has seen millions of the lowest paid workers taken out of paying income tax. Is he against helping the poor? You could put a list together showing he was.

Just silly nonsense.

Silly nonsense is not right, the list may not be complete or even comprehensive but it has stimulated some reasonable debate (and, as usual, some unreasonable bickering) so it did serve a purpose.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:17 - Apr 25 with 2173 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:14 - Apr 25 by WeWereZombies

Silly nonsense is not right, the list may not be complete or even comprehensive but it has stimulated some reasonable debate (and, as usual, some unreasonable bickering) so it did serve a purpose.

Not from the op it hasn't.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:19 - Apr 25 with 2167 viewsNo9

Policies in Layman's Terms on 15:42 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

I don't think a pension raid would go down too well with older voters of any persuasion. It's certainly not just Tory voters.

SB

The taxpayers alliance, a right wing group, are putting considerable pressure on the tories to heavily tax pensioners.
I was at conference just before the new year where the tories MP - policy maker made it quite clear there is a case to tax pensioners because they are the richest group of people in the country today.
Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:19 - Apr 25 with 2166 viewsWeWereZombies

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:17 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

Not from the op it hasn't.

Well, maybe you arguments have not been persuasive enough?

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:23 - Apr 25 with 2159 viewsWeWereZombies

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:19 - Apr 25 by No9

The taxpayers alliance, a right wing group, are putting considerable pressure on the tories to heavily tax pensioners.
I was at conference just before the new year where the tories MP - policy maker made it quite clear there is a case to tax pensioners because they are the richest group of people in the country today.

Are you saying that there will be a differential in taxation with those in work paying at lower rates and pensioners, even those currently on lower tax bands, paying a higher rate of tax?

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:29 - Apr 25 with 2146 viewsNo9

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:24 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not sure how I can be less of a decent human being for believing, as evidence has shown, that reducing the higher rate of tax actually has the effect of raising the tax take?

Or I am less of a decent human being because I supported the war in Iraq, based on the evidence given at the time by the Labour Prime Minister?

Or that I am less of a decent human being because I believe that by lowering the rate of corporation tax the UK becomes a mire attractive place for foreign business to in vest in, thereby creating extra jobs in the country?

I could go on but it I don't think I can compete with a biased and hastily put together meme by going into detail.

"I'm not sure how I can be less of a decent human being for believing, as evidence has shown, that reducing the higher rate of tax actually has the effect of raising the tax take? "

Looks like the Commons select committee have a different view to you (again)?

https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/publ
Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:29 - Apr 25 with 2146 viewsArcher4721

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 15:53 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

I think that if you side with people that want to bomb and murder people in our country you aren't showing any great love for it.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 15:53]

But it's ok to side with people who sell bombs to murder people in other countries?

Login to get fewer ads

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:35 - Apr 25 with 2132 viewsGeoffSentence

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:29 - Apr 25 by Archer4721

But it's ok to side with people who sell bombs to murder people in other countries?

the 'in other countries' qualification did seem a rather obvious flag to avoid this line of attack. How dare you ignore it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:35 - Apr 25 with 2131 viewsNo9

& Michael Fallon is arguing we should sell more
Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:41 - Apr 25 with 2118 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:29 - Apr 25 by No9

"I'm not sure how I can be less of a decent human being for believing, as evidence has shown, that reducing the higher rate of tax actually has the effect of raising the tax take? "

Looks like the Commons select committee have a different view to you (again)?

https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/publ

Well done for posting about something completely different to what I said.

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:45 - Apr 25 with 2104 viewsNo9

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:41 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

Well done for posting about something completely different to what I said.

reed it
Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) (n/t) on 16:46 - Apr 25 with 2099 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:35 - Apr 25 by No9

& Michael Fallon is arguing we should sell more

[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 16:48]

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:48 - Apr 25 with 2088 viewsGlasgowBlue

This isn't your today today is it? In fact when is it?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/387531/time-to-cut-off-relations-with-saudi-arabia/#

Can you tell me when the Saudi government has targeted British civilians in the pubs and shopping centres of Great Britain. And when Mrs May has stood in a minutes silence tribute to the murderers?

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:49 - Apr 25 with 2087 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:45 - Apr 25 by No9

reed it

Spell it.

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:51 - Apr 25 with 2081 viewsNo9

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:49 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

Spell it.

reed it
Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:52 - Apr 25 with 2079 viewsArcher4721

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) (n/t) on 16:46 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 16:48]

Again I ask.

So it's ok by your warped standards for may to stand side by side with Saudis and supplying them bombs to kill innocent people in Yemen.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/18/uk-cluster-bombs-used-in-yemen-b
Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:55 - Apr 25 with 2067 viewsArcher4721

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:48 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

This isn't your today today is it? In fact when is it?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/387531/time-to-cut-off-relations-with-saudi-arabia/#

Can you tell me when the Saudi government has targeted British civilians in the pubs and shopping centres of Great Britain. And when Mrs May has stood in a minutes silence tribute to the murderers?

"Isn't my day" Mr Hypocrite? You're being very childish once againover the deaths of innocent people.
Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:56 - Apr 25 with 2065 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:52 - Apr 25 by Archer4721

Again I ask.

So it's ok by your warped standards for may to stand side by side with Saudis and supplying them bombs to kill innocent people in Yemen.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/18/uk-cluster-bombs-used-in-yemen-b

What part of "Time to cut off relations with Saudi Arabia" do you find hard to understand?

What part of "Any country involved in the deliberate targeting of civilians should be prosecuted for war crimes" fails to ooze into that razor sharp mind of yours?

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:58 - Apr 25 with 2054 viewsArcher4721

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:56 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

What part of "Time to cut off relations with Saudi Arabia" do you find hard to understand?

What part of "Any country involved in the deliberate targeting of civilians should be prosecuted for war crimes" fails to ooze into that razor sharp mind of yours?

That's not exactly what you said in that now edited piece that you've wiped off is it.

Go on put back up what you've just edited.
Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 17:03 - Apr 25 with 2042 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms (n/t) on 16:58 - Apr 25 by Archer4721

That's not exactly what you said in that now edited piece that you've wiped off is it.

Go on put back up what you've just edited.

The edited piece is identical to my reply to you. I edited out because I replied to NO9 by mistake. so I copy and pasted the reply and put it to you.

Here it is agin

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/404428/3596269/policies-in-laymans-terms-(n-t)/#post

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 17:23 - Apr 25 with 2025 viewsBLUEBEAT

Policies in Layman's Terms on 16:14 - Apr 25 by WeWereZombies

Yes.

Much of GlasgowBlue's responses show him to perhaps be over-sensitive (as to who is/isn't 'decent') and meme-fixated. I'm sorry if you feel I've attacked you in a personal way.

So going back to the original post and for clarification purposes, GlasgowBlue, your preference is with the blue column on the comparative table?

I've added source links to original post to support the comparative table (as it's credibility was questioned by a couple of posters).

I look forward to making more political posts tomorrow.

Policies in Layman's Terms on 17:29 - Apr 25 with 2017 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 17:23 - Apr 25 by BLUEBEAT

Yes.

Much of GlasgowBlue's responses show him to perhaps be over-sensitive (as to who is/isn't 'decent') and meme-fixated. I'm sorry if you feel I've attacked you in a personal way.

So going back to the original post and for clarification purposes, GlasgowBlue, your preference is with the blue column on the comparative table?

I've added source links to original post to support the comparative table (as it's credibility was questioned by a couple of posters).

I look forward to making more political posts tomorrow.

My preference is with the blue column. You list is incomplete and has absolutely no context as I highlighted earlier with three examples.

Is your preference for Mr Corbyn?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 17:30]

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 17:54 - Apr 25 with 1982 viewsBLUEBEAT

Policies in Layman's Terms on 17:29 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

My preference is with the blue column. You list is incomplete and has absolutely no context as I highlighted earlier with three examples.

Is your preference for Mr Corbyn?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 17:30]

How can a list be incomplete? It's a list. There's no rules. Maybe draw up a list of your own including what you feel should be contained within it?

The context is drawn from the nonpartisan theyworkforyou website. Please see amended original post for links.

Yes, my preference is for Corbyn's column on that table.

Policies in Layman's Terms on 18:00 - Apr 25 with 1974 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 17:54 - Apr 25 by BLUEBEAT

How can a list be incomplete? It's a list. There's no rules. Maybe draw up a list of your own including what you feel should be contained within it?

The context is drawn from the nonpartisan theyworkforyou website. Please see amended original post for links.

Yes, my preference is for Corbyn's column on that table.

It is a selection of soundbites based on voting history. It gives no context.

Take the bedroom tax and badger cull for example. Someone could quite easily compile a similar list saying:

Keep struggling families living in one room bedsits whilst subsidising single occupiers with more than one bedroom. Corbyn For/ May against

Take measures to limit the spread of Bovine Tuberculosis. Corbyn against/ May for

You could then add: Voted to bring peace in Northern Ireland. Corbyn against/ May for

etc etc.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024