Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Policies in Layman's Terms 12:33 - Apr 25 with 6990 viewsBLUEBEAT

Let's just strip it down to the basics....

How any decent human being can take preference with the blue side is beyond me

Source information:

Corbyn > https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10133/jeremy_corbyn/islington_north/votes

May > https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10426/theresa_may/maidenhead/votes
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 17:25]

Poll: W or W

on 12:55 - Apr 25 with 2217 views_

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:02 - Apr 25 with 2225 viewsSwansea_Blue

Presumably the badgers will get a respite now. If all the EU money (and quite a bit more) is going to the NHS then that will mean no farming grants and no more farmers. Badgery bliss.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:03 - Apr 25 with 2209 viewsWeWereZombies

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:02 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

Presumably the badgers will get a respite now. If all the EU money (and quite a bit more) is going to the NHS then that will mean no farming grants and no more farmers. Badgery bliss.

The farmers will keep farming, they are sett in their ways...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:04 - Apr 25 with 2209 viewsStokieBlue

Where did you get that?

Not entirely sure all of it is true, I also don't agree with all the red stuff so that obviously makes me a horrible human being. Also no idea how all those are going to be paid for because a lot of those things is red are expenditure rather than income.

Don't generalise though or call people names, surely that's the Tory thing to do?

SB
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 13:06]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

on 13:06 - Apr 25 with 2171 views_

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:04 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

Where did you get that?

Not entirely sure all of it is true, I also don't agree with all the red stuff so that obviously makes me a horrible human being. Also no idea how all those are going to be paid for because a lot of those things is red are expenditure rather than income.

Don't generalise though or call people names, surely that's the Tory thing to do?

SB

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:08 - Apr 25 with 2191 viewsGlasgowBlue

Where did you get that?

SB

Is this the new politics we have heard so much about? Dumbed down memes and childish name calling?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:09 - Apr 25 with 2181 viewsBLUEBEAT

Where did you get that?

SB

It's a true list. Why not use a search engine or other methods to establish the facts yourself if you doubt their authenticity?

As a whole, what side do you take preference to?

on 13:09 - Apr 25 with 2154 views_

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:08 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

Is this the new politics we have heard so much about? Dumbed down memes and childish name calling?

Login to get fewer ads

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:13 - Apr 25 with 2157 viewsBLUEBEAT

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:08 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

The clue is in the topic title.

"Childish name calling" is questioning general moral and respectable attitudes now, is it?

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:16 - Apr 25 with 2146 viewsCaptainObvious

Anyone can be 'for' things that are nice. If I am 'for' boosting the minimum wage to 1 million pounds per week, would that make me the better candidate?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 13:16]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

on 13:17 - Apr 25 with 2120 views_

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:16 - Apr 25 by CaptainObvious

Anyone can be 'for' things that are nice. If I am 'for' boosting the minimum wage to 1 million pounds per week, would that make me the better candidate?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 13:16]

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:18 - Apr 25 with 2130 viewsStokieBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:09 - Apr 25 by BLUEBEAT

It's a true list. Why not use a search engine or other methods to establish the facts yourself if you doubt their authenticity?

As a whole, what side do you take preference to?

Because I don't have the time or inclination to Google every single one of those to get the exact information. Why do you say it's a true list? I know you haven't Googled them all as some of them are completely false, you've just accepted them as they look nice.

Let's take this rather major one: Iraq War. Here are the voting numbers in the commons for the instigation of the Iraq war:

Labour Party (254), Conservative Party (146), Ulster Unionist Party (6), Democratic Unionist Party (5), Independent Conservative (1)

How in any way were Labour against the Iraq war when 254 of their MP's voted for the war?

Mansion Tax: Labour came out saying this was a bad idea in the end and the politics of envy, why is it on your list? Here is a quote from Burnham: Andy Burnham said the mansion tax had been too “symbolic” and played into a public dislike of the “politics of envy”.

I won't deny that there are things on the red side I definitely agree with however there are some I definitely don't agree with.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:20 - Apr 25 with 2120 viewsBLUEBEAT

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:18 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

Because I don't have the time or inclination to Google every single one of those to get the exact information. Why do you say it's a true list? I know you haven't Googled them all as some of them are completely false, you've just accepted them as they look nice.

Let's take this rather major one: Iraq War. Here are the voting numbers in the commons for the instigation of the Iraq war:

Labour Party (254), Conservative Party (146), Ulster Unionist Party (6), Democratic Unionist Party (5), Independent Conservative (1)

How in any way were Labour against the Iraq war when 254 of their MP's voted for the war?

Mansion Tax: Labour came out saying this was a bad idea in the end and the politics of envy, why is it on your list? Here is a quote from Burnham: Andy Burnham said the mansion tax had been too “symbolic” and played into a public dislike of the “politics of envy”.

I won't deny that there are things on the red side I definitely agree with however there are some I definitely don't agree with.

SB

It's Corbyn/May, not Torie/Labour. Soak it in.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 13:40]

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:22 - Apr 25 with 2109 viewsDubtractor

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:18 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

SB

It is based on the respective voting records of May and Corbyn, not their parties. Hence the column headers.

Incidentally, you seem to have taken on the mantle of Bullbeck/Sparks with your determination to fact check pretty much every statement on here recently.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 13:24]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:24 - Apr 25 with 2091 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:13 - Apr 25 by BLUEBEAT

The clue is in the topic title.

"Childish name calling" is questioning general moral and respectable attitudes now, is it?

I'm not sure how I can be less of a decent human being for believing, as evidence has shown, that reducing the higher rate of tax actually has the effect of raising the tax take?

Or I am less of a decent human being because I supported the war in Iraq, based on the evidence given at the time by the Labour Prime Minister?

Or that I am less of a decent human being because I believe that by lowering the rate of corporation tax the UK becomes a mire attractive place for foreign business to in vest in, thereby creating extra jobs in the country?

I could go on but it I don't think I can compete with a biased and hastily put together meme by going into detail.

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:25 - Apr 25 with 2090 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:22 - Apr 25 by Dubtractor

It is based on the respective voting records of May and Corbyn, not their parties. Hence the column headers.

Incidentally, you seem to have taken on the mantle of Bullbeck/Sparks with your determination to fact check pretty much every statement on here recently.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 13:24]

Yeah .What do facts ever prove? Memes are better.

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:26 - Apr 25 with 2077 viewsBLUEBEAT

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:24 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not sure how I can be less of a decent human being for believing, as evidence has shown, that reducing the higher rate of tax actually has the effect of raising the tax take?

Or I am less of a decent human being because I supported the war in Iraq, based on the evidence given at the time by the Labour Prime Minister?

Or that I am less of a decent human being because I believe that by lowering the rate of corporation tax the UK becomes a mire attractive place for foreign business to in vest in, thereby creating extra jobs in the country?

I could go on but it I don't think I can compete with a biased and hastily put together meme by going into detail.

But is it "childish name calling"?

I think not

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:27 - Apr 25 with 2067 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:20 - Apr 25 by BLUEBEAT

It's Corbyn/May, not Torie/Labour. Soak it in.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 13:40]

Then can we add a row which shows which one of the two supported the IRA during their bombing campaign against innocent civilians?

Because I can't see how any decent human being can vote for somebody who has done that.

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:28 - Apr 25 with 2065 viewsBLUEBEAT

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:25 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

You call it a meme. I call it a comparative table.

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:29 - Apr 25 with 2051 viewsBLUEBEAT

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:27 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

Then can we add a row which shows which one of the two supported the IRA during their bombing campaign against innocent civilians?

Because I can't see how any decent human being can vote for somebody who has done that.

Add to the list, by all means.

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:29 - Apr 25 with 2044 viewsDubtractor

Is this a meme, or just a collection of comparable facts based on voting records of 2 individuals?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:29 - Apr 25 with 2044 viewsGeoffSentence

And yet. Your avatar. It may be factual, in so much as the CPGB have decided not to stand in any constituencies but it is as much a meme as Bluebeat's voting list.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:30 - Apr 25 with 2033 viewsGlasgowBlue

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:29 - Apr 25 by GeoffSentence

And yet. Your avatar. It may be factual, in so much as the CPGB have decided not to stand in any constituencies but it is as much a meme as Bluebeat's voting list.

You are correct. I haven't suggested otherwise.

Iron Lion Zion

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:30 - Apr 25 with 2032 viewsWeWereZombies

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:24 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

But it is not as simple as that, is it? For example:

'Or that I am less of a decent human being because I believe that by lowering the rate of corporation tax the UK becomes a mire attractive place for foreign business to in vest in, thereby creating extra jobs in the country? '

If inward investment results in lower paid jobs and loss of control by central and/or local government over significant economic and environmental benefits to the state or specific localities perhaps higher rates of taxation are more of a decent thing to do, especially if that in turn is a spur to attain higher levels of education and skills keeping a country or group of countries at the top table rather than the bottom of the barrel?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 13:50]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

on 13:31 - Apr 25 with 2019 views_

Policies in Layman's Terms on 13:29 - Apr 25 by GeoffSentence

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024