Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? 14:10 - Apr 25 with 1928 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

For my trip next week. I doubt there are many cool hip folk on here but I will give it a shot.

Requirements:

Lively
Traditional
Decent Birds
Good beer
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:12 - Apr 25 with 1919 viewsunbelievablue

Fine, ignore my advice.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:17 - Apr 25 with 1898 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:12 - Apr 25 by unbelievablue

Fine, ignore my advice.

Doesn't hurt to get multiple suggestions. I haven't lived there for 4 years.
on 14:18 - Apr 25 with 1897 views_

Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:26 - Apr 25 with 1869 viewsSarge

I'm not sure it's possible to get all of your requirements. Traditional pubs tend to serve ale, which then rules out the good beer.
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 1865 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Went to Hoxton 7 in Gt Eastern St Sat night, very good. Ticks all your boxes bar "traditional". Likewise Hoxton Grill over the road.

or, errrrrrm......Old Axe in Hackney Road
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:29 - Apr 25 with 1859 viewsdavblue

I can recommend the Draft House in Farringdon.

Not traditional, but all of the rest applies.
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:32 - Apr 25 with 1827 viewstaximan

Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:27 - Apr 25 by Uncle_Bulgaria

Went to Hoxton 7 in Gt Eastern St Sat night, very good. Ticks all your boxes bar "traditional". Likewise Hoxton Grill over the road.

or, errrrrrm......Old Axe in Hackney Road

rainbow
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:49 - Apr 25 with 1816 viewsGunnsAirkick

Not a pub but there's a very hip (but good) bar called the Nightjar which sounds what you're looking for perhaps.

A more traditional but lively boozer is the Euston Tap which isn't a million miles away and the beer is top notch (the have both Cask abd Craft). I believe they've opened another pub directly opposite it now too, it's my favourite London pub.

London stresses me out but has some top drinking establishments I have to admit.

Here now in fact, may have to get my fold out pitch fork out.
Login to get fewer ads

Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:54 - Apr 25 with 1802 viewschicoazul

Browns

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 17:54 - Apr 25 with 1715 viewstaximan

Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:54 - Apr 25 by chicoazul

Browns

white horse
rainbow
axe
browns

that was the old route, i believe the white horse is no longer open
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 18:12 - Apr 25 with 1692 viewsFenoit

Mother Kelly's, Kings Arms, Crown and Shuttle, Well and Bucket. All around the Shoreditch/Bethnal Green area. Should meet all the criteria above.
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 21:37 - Apr 25 with 1582 viewsBlueastheycome

I went to a place called club acquiriam when I was in shoreditch last, which essentially a nightclub with a swimming pool init. You pay £1 for a swim any time you like and you might get lucky and play volleyball with some fitties like my mates did. Sadly I ended up in the jacuzzi with the ugly one.
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 21:46 - Apr 25 with 1555 viewsbluejake78

Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 14:54 - Apr 25 by chicoazul

Browns

I used to do that place for Friday lunch...on expenses of course.There would be weaking willies all afternoon.Funnily enough I never got a sick day on Friday. £1 in pot....one blonde was so gorgeous I could of filled it.
Best places to drink in the city these days, Shoreditch mainly...? on 22:06 - Apr 25 with 1519 viewsSuperfrans

The Owl & Pussycat in Redchurch St is a fine boozer, ticks all those boxes. It's just off a Shoreditch High Street.
Personally, I also like the Golden Heart on the corner of Hanbury St and Commercial St. The chippy next door is great too, plus it's just round the corner from Brick Lane.
Or the Ten Bells is just down Commrcial St, on the corner of Fournier St.
If you want a slightly more upmarket bar, check out the bar in the Ace Hotel.

As for the Hamilton Hall, it's awful. The only justification for going there is if you're waiting for a train.

And, the problem with going into the city, is that the pubs get filled up with knobs in suits.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024