Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May and her snap election... 14:38 - Apr 25 with 5258 viewsBLUEBEAT

Why oh why did Theresa May call a snap election?

Here's a few reasons.... what could these names possibly all have in common?

Alex Chalk, Cheltenham
Amanda Milling, Cannock Chance
Amber Rudd, Hastings and Rye
Anna Soubry, Broxtoe
Brandon Lewis, Great Yarmouth
Byton Davies, Gower
Charlie Elphicke, Dover and Deal
Chris Philp, Croydon South
Christopher Pincher, Tamworth
Craig Mackinlay, South Thanet
Craig Whittaker, Calder Valley
Craig Williams, Cardiff North
David Mundel, Dumfriesshire Clydesdale & Tweeddale
David Nuttall, Bury North
Derek Thomas, St Ives
George Eustace, Camborne & Redruth
Glyn Davis, Montgomeryshire
Graham Evans, Weaver Vale
Jake Berry, Rossendale & Darwen
James Berry, Kingston and Surbiton
James Heappey, Wells
John Stevenson, Carlisle
Carl McCartney, Lincoln
Kevin Foster, Torbay
Luke Hall, Thornbury & Yate
Maggie Throup, Erewash
Marcus Fysh, Yeovil
Marcus Jones, Nuneyon
Maria Caulfield, Lewis
Mark Spencer, Sherwood
Mary Robinson, Cheadle
Michael Ellis, Northampton North
Michelle Donelan, Chippenham
Mike Wood, Dudley South
Neil Charmichael, Stroud
Nigel Mills, Amber Valley
Oliver Colville, Plymouth, Sutton & Devenport
Paul Scully, Sutton, Cheam & Worester Park
Roger Gale, North Thanet
Scot Man, North Cornwall
Simon Kirby, Brighton Kemptown
Stuart Andrew, Pudsey, Horsforth & Aireborough
Tania Mathias, Twickenham
William Wragg, Hazel Grove.

Poll: W or W

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:44 - Apr 25 with 4269 viewsGlasgowBlue

They are all evil, eat babies and throw poor people on their fires to warm their thirty bedroom mansions?

I'm sure there is a facebook meme which will demonstrate it in "layman's terms".

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:49 - Apr 25 with 4259 viewsCaptainObvious

Looks like Marcus is not giving Mick much money this summer if that's his list of targets.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:49 - Apr 25 with 4259 viewsDanTheMan

They all think "Speed 2: Cruise Control" is better than the "Speed".

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:52 - Apr 25 with 4243 views26_Paz

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:44 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

They are all evil, eat babies and throw poor people on their fires to warm their thirty bedroom mansions?

I'm sure there is a facebook meme which will demonstrate it in "layman's terms".

Or they could be a list of people yet to be charged with any offence whatsoever ...
Its been 2 years since the 2015 election of they were guilty of wrong doing wouldn't they have been charged by now??

The Paz Man

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:53 - Apr 25 with 4241 viewsWeWereZombies

I take your point but she is, to some extent, doing what Gordon Brown should have done late in 2007. I even wonder if she is hoping for a bad result so that she can step down and say she gave it her best shot thus making way for someone else to carry the can for Brexit. I suspect that this is also why Labour are seeming to make a hash of their campaign. Imagine if the Lib Dems won and Tim Farron had to repeal Brexit and try and keep the security forces onside as they battled this attempt at revolt people like Neil Hamilton promise. It is a poisoned chalice.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Theresa May and her snap election... on 15:01 - Apr 25 with 4194 viewsBlueBadger

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:49 - Apr 25 by DanTheMan

They all think "Speed 2: Cruise Control" is better than the "Speed".

Worse, they rate the Star Wars prequels better than the original trilogy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

on 15:18 - Apr 25 with 4133 views_

Theresa May and her snap election... on 15:01 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

Theresa May and her snap election... on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 4076 viewsNo9

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:52 - Apr 25 by 26_Paz

Or they could be a list of people yet to be charged with any offence whatsoever ...
Its been 2 years since the 2015 election of they were guilty of wrong doing wouldn't they have been charged by now??

I think you might be right.
What it shows is that the organisations we thought were in place to protect the electorate from this sort of thing are not that at all.
The Electoral Commission states it is there to ensure voting is done fairly & legally BUT - when you dig into it they have no powers at all.
Did you really think the police would ever take on the establishment.
Whta this means is we have a constitution in crisis but you can't expect a dictatorship to act on that when it is their favour to ignore it.
Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May and her snap election... on 16:37 - Apr 25 with 4071 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:52 - Apr 25 by 26_Paz

Aren't there meant to be some charges coming midway through this election campaign?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Theresa May and her snap election... on 17:02 - Apr 25 with 4035 viewsNo9

Theresa May and her snap election... on 16:37 - Apr 25 by bournemouthblue

Aren't there meant to be some charges coming midway through this election campaign?

Have you noted there has been virtually nothing on the BBC about the electoral fraud has there?
Theresa May and her snap election... on 17:14 - Apr 25 with 4017 viewsbluelagos

Theresa May and her snap election... on 16:37 - Apr 25 by bournemouthblue

Charges due to be announced (or not) early June I believe. Won't be anywhere near as many as the OP lists. 30 files with the CPS but that is likely to include party agents too.

So my guess would be max around a dozen standing Tory MPs may be charged, with trials some way off.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Theresa May and her snap election... on 17:17 - Apr 25 with 4008 viewsSarge

Theresa May and her snap election... on 14:44 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

Why do you keep calling it a meme?

Whether the viewpoints represented in the table are true or not, and I suspect most of them are, it's not a meme.
Theresa May and her snap election... on 17:18 - Apr 25 with 4003 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May and her snap election... on 17:02 - Apr 25 by No9

Have you noted there has been virtually nothing on the BBC about the electoral fraud has there?

other than this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39291495

This

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39635081

etc etc etc

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May and her snap election... on 17:25 - Apr 25 with 3988 viewsvilanovablue

Theresa May and her snap election... on 17:02 - Apr 25 by No9

Bored of the BBC getting bashed for not reporting stuff which they have reported. For all it's rights and wrongs their news is usually impartial and fair. Laura Kuensberg (? Sp) aside who is a pretty nasty piece of work.
Theresa May and her snap election... on 22:01 - Apr 25 with 3862 viewshoppy

Theresa May and her snap election... on 15:01 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

And that Jar Jar Binks was a good idea too, I heard.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Theresa May and her snap election... on 22:09 - Apr 25 with 3850 viewsMJallday

dont tell me you're one of those idiots that blieves that anything is going to become of these Mp's that have allegedly fiddled expenses?

christ, some bloke got his MOAT done on his castle on them a few years back, nothing was ever done about that.

worst that will happen is a slap on the wrist

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Theresa May and her snap election... on 23:01 - Apr 25 with 3788 viewsbluelagos

Theresa May and her snap election... on 22:09 - Apr 25 by MJallday

dont tell me you're one of those idiots that blieves that anything is going to become of these Mp's that have allegedly fiddled expenses?

christ, some bloke got his MOAT done on his castle on them a few years back, nothing was ever done about that.

worst that will happen is a slap on the wrist

This is not about fiddling expenses. It is about under declared and/or overspending at the last general election. Tories bussed in supporters to campaign in margin seats but didn't declare the associated costs, that's the allegation.

If proven, the seats would have likely had to be rerun.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Theresa May and her snap election... on 23:07 - Apr 25 with 3769 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May and her snap election... on 23:01 - Apr 25 by bluelagos

This is not about fiddling expenses. It is about under declared and/or overspending at the last general election. Tories bussed in supporters to campaign in margin seats but didn't declare the associated costs, that's the allegation.

and possibly what prompted Theresa to call the election

Imagine if she'd had 10 - 20 By-elections to contest?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Theresa May and her snap election... on 00:49 - Apr 26 with 3713 viewsFreddies_Ears

Theresa May and her snap election... on 23:07 - Apr 25 by bournemouthblue

She'd have lost most of them, perhaps all, so would have lost her majority. That would have been well interesting. What I dont get is why Labour supported the call for a general election.
Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:09 - Apr 26 with 3643 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May and her snap election... on 23:07 - Apr 25 by bournemouthblue

Yes. Imagine having to contest those seats whilst polling 50% to 25%?

From what I read the only seat that was in any danger of being re run was Thanet.

I'd say the reason the election is being called is there may be some bad news regarding the economy in the next few months.

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:23 - Apr 26 with 3634 viewshoppy

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:09 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

From what I read the only seat that was in any danger of being re run was Thanet.

I'd say the reason the election is being called is there may be some bad news regarding the economy in the next few months.

Maybe we should utilise Flash to do some investigative digging on that front?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:42 - Apr 26 with 3609 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:23 - Apr 26 by hoppy

Maybe we should utilise Flash to do some investigative digging on that front?

He'll come back with "Theresa May is resigning today def info."

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:44 - Apr 26 with 3600 viewsMJallday

Theresa May and her snap election... on 23:01 - Apr 25 by bluelagos

Possibly, but its a big IF to even get that far - AND it wouldnt happen at the same time.it would happen over 2-3 years

And then youd have to assume that these 30'seats (most of which are tory safehavens) would swing, even with a different candidate.

I think your reading 1+1 and making 3.

TM has been very clever, and this is about blowing Sturgeon out of the water. Anything else is a bonus

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:49 - Apr 26 with 3591 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:44 - Apr 26 by MJallday

Possibly, but its a big IF to even get that far - AND it wouldnt happen at the same time.it would happen over 2-3 years

And then youd have to assume that these 30'seats (most of which are tory safehavens) would swing, even with a different candidate.

I think your reading 1+1 and making 3.

TM has been very clever, and this is about blowing Sturgeon out of the water. Anything else is a bonus

There is more than 30 names on BlueBeat's list so I don't think it relates to expenses fraud.

It would help if he elaborated.

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:56 - Apr 26 with 3579 viewsHerbivore

Theresa May and her snap election... on 07:09 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

The reason it's being called now is rank opportunism, let's not pretend otherwise. She's seen the massive lead in the polls and got all giddy at the prospect of having a large majority. So giddy in fact that she's done a complete u-turn on her position on holding an early election. It's cynical bullsh!t and even as a Tory supporter I'd hope you'd see that and have the decency to acknowledge it. All of the rhetoric about strengthening her hand and having strong, stable leadership all sounds a bit Nuremberg to me as well to be honest. I look at that dead behind the eyes cow and the thought of her having more power to carry out the wishes of her black and shrivelled heart quite frankly terrifies me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024