Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats 19:50 - Apr 25 with 9012 viewsunbelievablue

I'll set the scene. To reach my flat block you have to turn off the road and pass, immediately, through a set of automatic gates, driving round the back of the road facing block of flats and into a rear car park, next to which my block, perpendicular to the aforementioned block, majestically lies.

There's one communal front door, with buzzers for each flat, then a brief, minimalist lobby and stairs.

When the delightful gentleman, armed with my Lamb Madras, drives through the gates, round the back, jumps out of his car, and presses the buzzer to flat 29, should I:

A) Pick up the intercom, greet him politely, and 'buzz him up', waiting for the knock at my flat door?
B) Pick up the intercom, greet him politely, inform him 'I'll be right down' and proceed down the stairs to the front of the building?
C) A.N.Other.

J

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 19:53 - Apr 25 with 8158 viewsJ2BLUE

B

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 19:54 - Apr 25 with 8151 viewsnorth_stand77

B
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 19:55 - Apr 25 with 8153 viewsNewcyBlue

Go down. Unless it is chucking it down and blowing a gale then he might not want to stand around outside...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 19:57 - Apr 25 with 8136 viewsMullet

Do a lap round the block before eating said madras and call it marathon prep. Receive said Indian delight dressed like a 118 gentleman off of the tele, jog upstairs and consume.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 19:58 - Apr 25 with 8122 viewsunbelievablue

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 19:57 - Apr 25 by Mullet

Do a lap round the block before eating said madras and call it marathon prep. Receive said Indian delight dressed like a 118 gentleman off of the tele, jog upstairs and consume.

This is purely hypothetical, I must add. Just an interesting debate among flatmates.

I've run well today, happily!

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 20:04 - Apr 25 with 8082 viewsjas0999

B
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 20:06 - Apr 25 with 8074 viewsGuthrum

C. Lower a bucket over the balcony on a rope.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 20:07 - Apr 25 with 8063 viewsunbelievablue

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 20:06 - Apr 25 by Guthrum

C. Lower a bucket over the balcony on a rope.

Balcony? I'm no Capulet.

Login to get fewer ads

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 20:08 - Apr 25 with 8062 viewsMJallday

C) Send Mrs unbeliveablue down to get it, and to fetch you a beer at the same time
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 20:11]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 20:09 - Apr 25 with 8055 viewsunbelievablue

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 20:08 - Apr 25 by MJallday

C) Send Mrs unbeliveablue down to get it, and to fetch you a beer at the same time
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 20:11]

There's a missing ingredient there, and we've plenty of beer in.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 20:10]

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 20:12 - Apr 25 with 8067 viewsEastTownBlue

B.

If we are unlucky we may get to hear from a TWTD poster who works for an Indian restaurant and has just delivered to a flat ...
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 20:42]
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:10 - Apr 25 with 7840 viewsgainsboroughblue

I have the same scenario. I generally buzz him up but stand at open flat door to greet. Maybe I should go down the stairs? Can't say I've given it much thought. I always tip though.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 09:02 - Apr 26 with 7663 viewsgmanrom

Think you will find there actual protocol is to not enter the flat's, but you will find most will enter and bring it up to you. But company will say don't enter for safety reasons.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 11:32 - Apr 26 with 7602 viewsRoyKeanesDog

B

When I lived in Sheffield you would receive a call and have to go to their car window and collect the food. The only takeaways that came to your door were Freddy's, Caribbean Spice, Bishops's Cafe.

Poll: Best Football Song

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 11:33 - Apr 26 with 7595 viewsJ2BLUE

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:10 - Apr 25 by gainsboroughblue

I have the same scenario. I generally buzz him up but stand at open flat door to greet. Maybe I should go down the stairs? Can't say I've given it much thought. I always tip though.

Always tip? "Next time use the lift"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 11:39 - Apr 26 with 7579 viewsBluebell

C) A.N.Other ...............................

Make your own Lamb Madras.
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 11:46 - Apr 26 with 7572 viewsStenvict

If I've ordered a takeaway to be delivered to my flat, I expect exactly that. I could easily pick it up myself from the restaurant but I ordered it to be delivered because I'm lazy, therefore I should only need to buzz him/her into the building and answer the door when he/she knocks.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 14:00 - Apr 26 with 7490 viewsunbelievablue

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 11:39 - Apr 26 by Bluebell

C) A.N.Other ...............................

Make your own Lamb Madras.

I can never get a lamb curry right.

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 21:23 - Jun 19 with 7174 viewsSarge

An old thread but as someone who now graciously forsakes having any fun myself over the weekend to deliver such things;

B

Or if not and you've ordered 10 mins before the shop shuts, are at the very edge of the delivery radius, in a flat on the very top floor in a poorly signposted complex and thus are delaying me getting home to my family then at least consider a tip! :)
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 21:40 - Jun 19 with 7106 viewsBlue_Order

Is it too late to buy a house?
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 22:36 - Jun 19 with 7013 viewsLord_Lucan

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 21:23 - Jun 19 by Sarge

An old thread but as someone who now graciously forsakes having any fun myself over the weekend to deliver such things;

B

Or if not and you've ordered 10 mins before the shop shuts, are at the very edge of the delivery radius, in a flat on the very top floor in a poorly signposted complex and thus are delaying me getting home to my family then at least consider a tip! :)

I always give a quid to the driver but I had to pay £2 delivery the other night via Justeat.

What is the correct thing to do in this instance?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:22 - Jun 19 with 6933 viewsStNeotsBlue

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 22:36 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

I always give a quid to the driver but I had to pay £2 delivery the other night via Justeat.

Don't use Justeat, phone the takeaway directly.
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:31 - Jun 19 with 6914 viewsLord_Lucan

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:22 - Jun 19 by StNeotsBlue

Don't use Justeat, phone the takeaway directly.

But that means having to talk to someone.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:34 - Jun 19 with 6906 viewsSarge

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 22:36 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

Hmm, not sure there but I think justeat would take all of the delivery fee for themselves. I deliver pizza for a well known chain so there's no delivery fee for the customer but I get £1 for each delivery as standard.

I appreciate every tip, but especially the ones where the customer has already paid but gives me a quid anyway. But if you don't tip, it's all good, it's not a particularly taxing job and we're getting paid anyway! Just being polite will do!
Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:42 - Jun 19 with 6887 viewsStNeotsBlue

Protocol for takeaway delivery men/women and first floor flats on 23:31 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

But that means having to talk to someone.

I like talking to people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024