Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment 10:24 - Apr 26 with 3533 viewsGlasgowBlue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39709322

An over reaction or necessary example to make?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 18:33 - Apr 26 with 875 viewsvapour_trail

on 18:12 - Apr 26 by _

She might get a slap

He should get the book thrown at him

Neither were credible options, in a literal sense.

That's as far as I'm willing to go, other than to say I've always thought Glassers a man of impeccable judgment.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 18:36 - Apr 26 with 871 viewsBackToRussia

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 18:33 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

She might get a slap

That's as far as I'm willing to go, other than to say I've always thought Glassers a man of impeccable judgment.

To say those two things are alike is absurd.

One is an established proverb that means you're going to have the full possible punishment applied to you. One is just a threat of violence however serious it's given.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

on 18:37 - Apr 26 with 867 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 18:33 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

She might get a slap

on 18:38 - Apr 26 with 866 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 18:36 - Apr 26 by BackToRussia

One is an established proverb that means you're going to have the full possible punishment applied to you. One is just a threat of violence however serious it's given.

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 18:49 - Apr 26 with 852 viewsvapour_trail

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 18:36 - Apr 26 by BackToRussia

Yeah ok. But I think they were both throw away, without any threat behind them.

Anyways, I think they could have left it. He'll probably get a bit of a fine, which he can afford. If the FA really want to punish Sunderland, they'll probably stop short of banning him.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 08:28 - Apr 27 with 776 viewsbraveblue

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:51 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

He said it humorously this time but there was an underlying threat there. I doubt he would slap her but if she finds herself excluded from the press room at some time in the future she may think he really meant it. Beginning of intimidation isn't it? I know he is under pressure but managers must expect questions like this and it is not as if she asked him whether he was going to be sacked in the morning.

Underlying threat? They were both laughing. It was post press conference. She accepted apology. Complete nonsense and typical of PC world we live in. FA should do something about the diving cheats rather than bother with this!!
David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 08:31 - Apr 27 with 772 viewsWeWereZombies

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 08:28 - Apr 27 by braveblue

Underlying threat? They were both laughing. It was post press conference. She accepted apology. Complete nonsense and typical of PC world we live in. FA should do something about the diving cheats rather than bother with this!!

If you didn't see the underlying threat I would suggest that there are a few bars around the world that you need to avoid ten minutes before closing time...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024