Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair will be Skyam. 13:09 - Apr 26 with 2272 viewsITFC_Forever

Assuming Mick stays.

With Gerken in goal.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 13:35]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:10 - Apr 26 with 2260 viewsSomethingBlue

I genuinely think that if he does stay things will change considerably.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:14 - Apr 26 with 2245 viewssimoitfc

Hyam has his critics and is a bit hot headed but in a midfield 3 I think he would be better suited. He has the engine to go box to box. Alongside a holding midfielder and someone with creativity I think he could work well. In a 442 he just not controlled enuff
on 13:15 - Apr 26 with 2238 views_

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:14 - Apr 26 by simoitfc

Hyam has his critics and is a bit hot headed but in a midfield 3 I think he would be better suited. He has the engine to go box to box. Alongside a holding midfielder and someone with creativity I think he could work well. In a 442 he just not controlled enuff

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:21 - Apr 26 with 2215 viewsKieran_Knows

on 13:15 - Apr 26 by _

.... and leave Ward out? No way would Hyam start over Ward for me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:21 - Apr 26 with 2210 viewsTractorCam

Skyam would be the end of me I think

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:21 - Apr 26 with 2213 viewsdavblue

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:10 - Apr 26 by SomethingBlue

I genuinely think that if he does stay things will change considerably.

He doesn't have any other choice.

He's been too loyal to the mainstays, understandably so but you need to know when to make changes and Mick left it too late. It's been a season too far, it's too stale and has been for 2 years.

I think if he's backed and changes things up we can still challenge for the PO's in the future it will be very hard though.
We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:22 - Apr 26 with 2202 viewsKieran_Knows

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:21 - Apr 26 by davblue

He's been too loyal to the mainstays, understandably so but you need to know when to make changes and Mick left it too late. It's been a season too far, it's too stale and has been for 2 years.

I think if he's backed and changes things up we can still challenge for the PO's in the future it will be very hard though.

Going by what Mick has been saying, it sounds as if he knows he needs to freshen things up as well.

I can see a big turnover of players this summer, in and out. Lets hope its quality over quantity though!

on 13:25 - Apr 26 with 2190 views_

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:21 - Apr 26 by Kieran_Knows

.... and leave Ward out? No way would Hyam start over Ward for me.

Login to get fewer ads

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:25 - Apr 26 with 2189 viewsSomethingBlue

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:21 - Apr 26 by davblue

If wholesale changes are indeed made — and to be honest I think Mick has got the message and would try and make them if Evans kept him on — then much would depend on the crowd's willingness to see how it all shakes out. No guarantees on that, for obvious reasons. Which is why on balance I think it's probably still best we change the manager.

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:26 - Apr 26 with 2178 viewsKieran_Knows

on 13:25 - Apr 26 by _

I like what I've seen from Ward in the middle. Given a bit of license to 'roam' around, knowing Skuse is sitting in front of the defence and Huws being a more box to box midfielder.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 9:26]

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:27 - Apr 26 with 2174 viewshoppy

Good job he didn't make a regular pairing of Skuse with Stephen Hunt, isn't it, in terms of a nickname?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:28 - Apr 26 with 2170 viewshector_clifford

Hopefully we will get in some central midfielders who can play well in a 2, and can compete and push the opposition back, even if they have 3 in the middle. I know 3 at the back and in midfield is popular again, but I believe it allows at least one player in a key area on the pitch to go missing in a game, because there is always a spare man, and the shape of the team can be disjointed.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:28 - Apr 26 with 2167 viewsITFC_Forever

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:14 - Apr 26 by simoitfc

It'll be 442. Skyam. Gerken. Players out of position. Every point's a prisoner. Precious few attempts on goal. Obscenities at the fans. Stadium with green sludge on the walls. Mutinous fans.
Less than 12k supporters a game.

Average Joe FC, just like the gym in the film Dodgeball.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:31 - Apr 26 with 2151 viewsLankHenners

People keep saying things like this when he's injured, then he plays again and everyone remembers again that for all his running about he slows down build up play and can't pass to a teammate to save his life.

He's ok if you want to defend a 1-0 lead away at Wigan on a rainy night, but if you want to take hold of a game and try and win it, then no, leave him out.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:31 - Apr 26 with 2138 viewsBiGDonnie

LOL - Superb, really?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:33 - Apr 26 with 2124 viewsPJH

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:27 - Apr 26 by hoppy

Good job he didn't make a regular pairing of Skuse with Stephen Hunt, isn't it, in terms of a nickname?

That would be Huse and we want him don't we?
on 13:37 - Apr 26 with 2088 views_

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:26 - Apr 26 by Kieran_Knows

I like what I've seen from Ward in the middle. Given a bit of license to 'roam' around, knowing Skuse is sitting in front of the defence and Huws being a more box to box midfielder.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 9:26]

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 14:16 - Apr 26 with 1984 viewsSomethingBlue

on 13:37 - Apr 26 by _

Agree his passing needs to improve but what he does do is get us up the pitch and help us change gear quickly. In a three, and with the right players around him, I think he can be good for us.

on 14:18 - Apr 26 with 1972 views_

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 14:16 - Apr 26 by SomethingBlue

Agree his passing needs to improve but what he does do is get us up the pitch and help us change gear quickly. In a three, and with the right players around him, I think he can be good for us.

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 21:29 - Apr 26 with 1812 viewsJimmy86

Again you are looking at problems with creativity if you play Hyam and Skuse in midfield together. More so in a 2, but also in a 3. Next season if we sign Huws it should be Huws, Skuse and Ward.

Hyam should perhaps be in competition for the holding role and nothing else. He isn't technical or creative enough to play box to box and doesn't score goals if he did arrive late into the box
We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 21:39 - Apr 26 with 1787 viewsThisIsMyUsername

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair with be Skyam. on 13:27 - Apr 26 by hoppy

Huse?

Doesn't really work.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair will be Skyam. on 09:15 - Apr 27 with 1618 viewsNo9

If MM stays I anticipate sideways skuse will be skipper & 'Duggie' will get a reprieve
We've had Skuglas, next season's central midfield pair will be Skyam. on 13:52 - Apr 27 with 1534 viewsHarryWright

To be fair I'd rather skyam than skuglas or skiagorouga. My preference would be skuws although skozzell could play a few games next year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024