Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? 13:18 - Apr 26 with 3678 viewsGeefunk

My point being we would be in serious trouble without him wouldn't we ? Gerkin is v average and a top keeper is incredibly important.

I guess we wont be getting promoted whatever so the difference it could make is between mid table and relegation.

Didn't we sign him for nowt as well so this will be another big profit for MM and is another reason he is ME's dream manager
How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:21 - Apr 26 with 3148 viewsgainsboroughblue

Without Bart and Lawrence, we'd be jockeying with Rotherham for 23rd place.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:23 - Apr 26 with 3137 viewsdavblue

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:21 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

Without Bart and Lawrence, we'd be jockeying with Rotherham for 23rd place.

yes they are important players but how do you know the replacements wouldn't be better?
How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:26 - Apr 26 with 3124 viewshoppy

I think he has used both hands, in all honesty.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:26 - Apr 26 with 3118 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Think it was the good old 'undisclosed' fee for Bart but I don't think it was a huge amount.

I always remember hearing that a decent keeper is the difference between 10-15 points a season and think that's been very true with Bart this season. Feel we would have been in big trouble without him this year, can think of 4/5 games off the top of my head that he single handily kept us in.

If we do lose Bart this summer, I hope we go out and sign a decent replacement for him. I like Gerken and he will be a good stop gap till we can find a better solution but would like to see Mick identify a replacement quickly if Bart does leave.

Still hoping that Bart doesn't leave though and he will be getting a big round of applause from me if he comes out for the walk around on Saturday just in case it is the last time we see him at Portman Road.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 13:27]

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:28 - Apr 26 with 3105 viewsgainsboroughblue

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:23 - Apr 26 by davblue

yes they are important players but how do you know the replacements wouldn't be better?

I'm working on the basis of both of them being out and Gerken and Douglas coming in.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:36 - Apr 26 with 3078 viewsmonty_radio

Being unused to "Barto" as a handle, I assumed at first that you meant Barton, and then fell to wondering how he might have made a killing out of us I suppose if you backed each game to go against your instinct it might have delivered a profit.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:40 - Apr 26 with 3064 viewsmojo

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:26 - Apr 26 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Think it was the good old 'undisclosed' fee for Bart but I don't think it was a huge amount.

I always remember hearing that a decent keeper is the difference between 10-15 points a season and think that's been very true with Bart this season. Feel we would have been in big trouble without him this year, can think of 4/5 games off the top of my head that he single handily kept us in.

If we do lose Bart this summer, I hope we go out and sign a decent replacement for him. I like Gerken and he will be a good stop gap till we can find a better solution but would like to see Mick identify a replacement quickly if Bart does leave.

Still hoping that Bart doesn't leave though and he will be getting a big round of applause from me if he comes out for the walk around on Saturday just in case it is the last time we see him at Portman Road.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 13:27]

From memory the deal was protracted but in the end we got him for free with an undisclosed sell-on fee and fee to be paid on promotion
How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:44 - Apr 26 with 3047 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:40 - Apr 26 by mojo

From memory the deal was protracted but in the end we got him for free with an undisclosed sell-on fee and fee to be paid on promotion

Notts County due a % if we sell him this summer then???

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Login to get fewer ads

on 14:34 - Apr 26 with 2977 views_

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:23 - Apr 26 by davblue

on 14:35 - Apr 26 with 2974 views_

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:28 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

I'm working on the basis of both of them being out and Gerken and Douglas coming in.

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 14:57 - Apr 26 with 2937 viewsKeaneish

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 13:44 - Apr 26 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Notts County due a % if we sell him this summer then???

Where's all the talk about him moving on in the summer come from? Think its been manifested on this board hasn't it? I cant see him going anywhere given he's signed a new contract and we'd be f**ked without him.

If MM does stay Bart will have to remain to dig him out of this massive hole he's dug for himself. Selling our best player after the season we've had to fund ME's running costs will have a massive backlash. Managerial suicide if you ask me.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 15:06 - Apr 26 with 2921 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 14:57 - Apr 26 by Keaneish

Where's all the talk about him moving on in the summer come from? Think its been manifested on this board hasn't it? I cant see him going anywhere given he's signed a new contract and we'd be f**ked without him.

If MM does stay Bart will have to remain to dig him out of this massive hole he's dug for himself. Selling our best player after the season we've had to fund ME's running costs will have a massive backlash. Managerial suicide if you ask me.

Think its pure speculation if im honest with you.

Agreed that we would be up sh*t creek without him as mentioned above and I genuinely hope he stays.

He is though one of our more valuable assets and there was interest in January as confirmed by both Bart and Mick. I imagine there will be interest again this summer and can only assume that's where the speculation has come from. I am sure if we get a big enough offer though the club wont stand in Bart's way, especially if he gets to fulfill his ambition of playing in the Premier League.

on 15:34 - Apr 26 with 2881 views_

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 14:57 - Apr 26 by Keaneish

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 15:35 - Apr 26 with 2881 viewsdavblue

on 14:34 - Apr 26 by _

Douglas has played left wing and as a number 10 so many times!
How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 15:36 - Apr 26 with 2875 viewsbluewein

None. He's might have won a few quid on us though...

You mean Barton, right..?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

on 15:39 - Apr 26 with 2872 views_

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 15:35 - Apr 26 by davblue

Douglas has played left wing and as a number 10 so many times!

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 17:38 - Apr 26 with 2810 viewsdavblue

on 15:39 - Apr 26 by _

He wouldn't play Douglas as a 10 or Left wing where Lawrence has played. You are also assuming like I am that if we didn't have them, replacements wouldn't come in, in your view, my view is there would be replacements.

Anyway it's a pointless argument as we both don't know the answer to the question!
on 17:51 - Apr 26 with 2790 views_

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 17:38 - Apr 26 by davblue

He wouldn't play Douglas as a 10 or Left wing where Lawrence has played. You are also assuming like I am that if we didn't have them, replacements wouldn't come in, in your view, my view is there would be replacements.

Anyway it's a pointless argument as we both don't know the answer to the question!

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 18:11 - Apr 26 with 2770 viewsdavblue

on 17:51 - Apr 26 by _

Could not would...
on 18:15 - Apr 26 with 2764 views_

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 18:11 - Apr 26 by davblue

Could not would...

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 18:37 - Apr 26 with 2748 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Complete fallacy though

If Bart wasn't in the squad then we'd have another keeper, and Douglas wouldn't be Lawrence's replacement

Obviously both have been important players for us but I don't quite buy this 'we'd be relegated without them' argument

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 18:54 - Apr 26 with 2725 viewshorsehollerer

None. He has been excellent but football is a team game.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 22:19 - Apr 26 with 2616 viewsbournemouthblue

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 00:37 - Apr 27 with 2558 viewsCrock

Gerken is a solid replacement. Douglas is not a winger or striker.

Poll: Favourite number?

How many points do we think Barto has single handedly won for ITFC this year ? on 07:37 - Apr 27 with 2494 viewsNo9

That Bart has done so much this season to keep Town in it there is an obvious need to overhaul the midfield & defence - I don't think he will do that simply because the midfield has been cr@p for a long while now and he only started tinkering in Feb, then turned his back on it.

With no Bart next season Town could be in for a difficult time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024