Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geezer let off for attempted murder 17:26 - Apr 26 with 1279 viewsvapour_trail

Just read this. It's horrible. Poor old boy, good to see some sense prevailing

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/25/denver-beddows-95-mercy-killing?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 17:34 - Apr 26 with 1235 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well done to the judge

During my law a-level I came across a case where a gangster attacked a young lad (think the kid was 12) and killed him. Because he 'looked at him funny'

Anyway he managed to get out after a few years on good behaviour and then started tainting the father of the young lad who'd died. Anyway, the dad, who was an ex soldier, when tainted after months of abuse, finally snapped and tried to kill the bloke.

Unlike in this case, he pleaded not guilty. But admitted the attack to the jury straight away. Despite him admitting what he had done, the jury took 41 minutes to find him not guilty

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 17:56 - Apr 26 with 1183 viewsGlasgowBlue

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 17:34 - Apr 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Well done to the judge

During my law a-level I came across a case where a gangster attacked a young lad (think the kid was 12) and killed him. Because he 'looked at him funny'

Anyway he managed to get out after a few years on good behaviour and then started tainting the father of the young lad who'd died. Anyway, the dad, who was an ex soldier, when tainted after months of abuse, finally snapped and tried to kill the bloke.

Unlike in this case, he pleaded not guilty. But admitted the attack to the jury straight away. Despite him admitting what he had done, the jury took 41 minutes to find him not guilty

Having done jury duty myself in February, you would be very surprised how a jury, even believing a defendant guilty and when presented with evidence that he or she is, still takes certain circumstances into account when reaching a verdict.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 17:58 - Apr 26 with 1173 viewsvapour_trail

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 17:56 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Having done jury duty myself in February, you would be very surprised how a jury, even believing a defendant guilty and when presented with evidence that he or she is, still takes certain circumstances into account when reaching a verdict.

Without wanting to break your NDA what sort of case did you get?

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:02 - Apr 26 with 1158 viewsLord_Lucan

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 17:34 - Apr 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Well done to the judge

Sorry but how can someone plead guilty and get found not guilty.

It is actually impossible.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:03 - Apr 26 with 1154 viewsGlasgowBlue

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 17:58 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

Without wanting to break your NDA what sort of case did you get?

All I can say was it involved violence with objects used as weapons.

Iron Lion Zion

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:04 - Apr 26 with 1151 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:02 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

He didn't?

He pleaded not guilty but his case involved him admitting straight away that he in fact had done the crime.

But as he was taunted, should be let off

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:06 - Apr 26 with 1131 viewsvapour_trail

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:03 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

All I can say was it involved violence with objects used as weapons.

I've always fancied a pop but have recently been advised it's incredibly boring.

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:07 - Apr 26 with 1130 viewsGlasgowBlue

They can admit the offence and plead not guilty due to diminished responsibility.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:10 - Apr 26 with 1117 viewsfactual_blue

He wasn't found not guilty. He was convicted and given a suspended sentence.

'He had pleaded guilty to attempting to murder his wife at their home in Warrington. He had been in custody since his arrest, having declined to apply for bail. He was given a two-year sentence suspended for two years.'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:12 - Apr 26 with 1105 viewsLord_Lucan

Geezer let off for attempted murder on 18:10 - Apr 26 by factual_blue

He wasn't found not guilty. He was convicted and given a suspended sentence.

'He had pleaded guilty to attempting to murder his wife at their home in Warrington. He had been in custody since his arrest, having declined to apply for bail. He was given a two-year sentence suspended for two years.'

My reply was to Romfords post - which I actually mis read anyway.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024