Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get behind MM & TC for next season 19:21 - Apr 26 with 3906 viewsTCisdynamite

The two signings Mick has made for substantial fee.

Webster & Ward, both players who IMO have had a positive impact.

ME back Mick with more wedge and we will see a play off push next season.

COYB.
Get behind MM & TC for next season on 19:32 - Apr 26 with 3859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey, play off push. This should be fun...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 19:34 - Apr 26 with 3849 viewsElderGrizzly

He spent more on Cameron Stewart in wages and pay off than those two combined.

Lawrence, Williams and Best cost us £2m this season.

Mick does spend money and it isn't always a success. The same as any manager tbf

Still a feeling a different manager might get even more from the players Mick has at his disposal already too.
Get behind MM & TC for next season on 19:43 - Apr 26 with 3819 viewsTCisdynamite

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 19:34 - Apr 26 by ElderGrizzly

Mick does spend money and it isn't always a success. The same as any manager tbf

Still a feeling a different manager might get even more from the players Mick has at his disposal already too.

in terms of permanent transfers fee's alone...
Get behind MM & TC for next season on 19:48 - Apr 26 with 3796 viewsbazza

Any chance of a break down on that £2m ?
Get behind MM & TC for next season on 19:54 - Apr 26 with 3772 viewsIllinoisblue

what wages was Stewart on?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 21:02 - Apr 26 with 3653 viewsTractorWood

The MM will succeed with money arguement has no credible evidence.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 21:10 - Apr 26 with 3616 viewsmonty_radio

Things have deteriorated so far for me that when I read an enthusiasts cry that things can and will only get better, suggesting a player here and a tweak there, I can no longer tell if it's a wind-up.

Or do I need to get down to Specsavers before matchday so I see what you see and hear those committed assurances from the club and the post-match interview that are not being picked up on my frequency?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 22:01]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 23:06 - Apr 26 with 3442 viewsBlueBadger

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 21:02 - Apr 26 by TractorWood

If you ignore his tenure at, say, Wolves.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 23:42 - Apr 26 with 3386 viewsTractorWood

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 23:06 - Apr 26 by BlueBadger

So he did it 10 years ago constitutes persuasive evidence? For me football has changed and MM hasn't.

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 06:33 - Apr 27 with 3263 viewsBenters

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 23:42 - Apr 26 by TractorWood

So he did it 10 years ago constitutes persuasive evidence? For me football has changed and MM hasn't.

This with a bit of did someone mention a 'playoff push' lol !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 06:58 - Apr 27 with 3223 viewsKeaneish

Agreed. I haven't seen enough in the way we've played since Murphy left to suggest he can turn this around even with a big cash injection.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 07:16 - Apr 27 with 3196 viewsReuser_is_God

I love how people on here slate someone like Ian Holloway.

The same Ian Holloway who has been promoted twice since Mick last achieved it & at least one of those promotions was achieved on an even smaller budget that Mick gets here.

Mick constantly tells us how good he is & too many people believe it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 07:34 - Apr 27 with 3167 viewsNo9

According to the Finance man @ PR MM increased the wage bill by a million quid since the Jan window

Maybe it saved Town from the drop?
Get behind MM & TC for next season on 08:18 - Apr 27 with 3094 viewsBlueBadger

His jobs of the last ten years have been 1) Us. 2) Wolves.
Going further beyond those, he's turned round an appalling Sunderland team, taken the ROI to a world cup knock-out stage.
I'm not really sure what evidence you're looking for here. Is it of the 'if you ignore all the places he's done well at' sort?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 08:27 - Apr 27 with 3071 viewsSteve_M

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 07:16 - Apr 27 by Reuser_is_God

I love how people on here slate someone like Ian Holloway.

The same Ian Holloway who has been promoted twice since Mick last achieved it & at least one of those promotions was achieved on an even smaller budget that Mick gets here.

Mick constantly tells us how good he is & too many people believe it.

One great season at Blackpool and then made a mess of what Freedman had working at Palace before getting it together for the play-offs. QPR's form since he's been there has been incredibly erratic, one good winning spell with two losing spells around it. He also has one abysmal relegation with Leicester in that time.

Like MM, Warnock et al he's a decent manager at this level but not markedly better than any of the others in that group. This season has been crap so far too many now think that MM is an appalling manager, he isn't.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 08:29 - Apr 27 with 3068 viewsSteve_M

Although the fact that a team with McGoldrick, Huws and Lawrence in it is considerably better than the side earlier in the season does show that with better players a MM team will be more successful and aesthetically more pleasing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 10:54 - Apr 27 with 2970 viewsTCisdynamite

you remind be of being at school seeing the other kids smoking cigs at aged 14 and thinking it was cool.

now seems giving MM stick has become the 'cool' thing.

well done.
Get behind MM & TC for next season on 13:20 - Apr 27 with 2883 viewsTractorWood

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 10:54 - Apr 27 by TCisdynamite

you remind be of being at school seeing the other kids smoking cigs at aged 14 and thinking it was cool.

now seems giving MM stick has become the 'cool' thing.

well done.

Smoking is not cool in any capacity. I've done 85% of games under MM. I've praised him when he's got it right, praised what has been an overall a successful reign and acknowledged that PR was an absolute fortress, especially on Tuesday nights for about 18 months. He controlled the squad from a man management perspective excellently. Had the squad and club in the best place for a decade.

That said, to me the last 15 months (since QPR away last season) has been overwhelmingly disappointing. Yes, his hands have been tied but to think the issues with the fans, the 4-5k season ticket holders who haven't renewed over the last two years will go away with some modest investment in more hardworking journey men is naïve, to put it kindly.

Here is an ominous quote from a Wolves fan from back in the day:
'One transfer that I will use to sum up Mick’s toils in the transfer market is Stephen Hunt. I fear this may divide opinion but hey ho. He is useless. Yes he “puts a shift in” which seems to be the only skill Mick looks for, but he lacks pace, touch, guile, skill, and the ability to beat a player; when added up that doesn’t sound like a Premier League winger does it? Mick has persisted with him but does seem to have given up on him now.

In my opinion, and some others, Mick appears to favour those who have grit rather than flair and it makes for a dismal sight. Often players seem stifled, which makes me sad, players like Matt Jarvis, who had such success last season was this season instructed to play a more inside roll, thus neutering his skill and making us even more dismal. Although he does seem to be coming back to his best now by going back to what he did so effectively, knocking it past men and chasing.

Between 2006-2011, Wolves have been the 10th highest spender in the PL. Mick has spent an estimated £45million pounds. Yet the evolution that so many Wolves fans, including myself, crave — and it is evolution not REvolution we want — hasn’t really happened. This comparison shows this well'.

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 13:35 - Apr 27 with 2857 viewsClausThomsen

Get behind MM & TC for next season on 23:06 - Apr 26 by BlueBadger

£7 million on Kevin Doyle, £3.5 million on Jamie O'Hara, £2.6 million on Nenad Milijas, £2.5 million on Ronald Zubar, Steven Mouyokolo for £2.5 million, Greg Halford for £2 million, Stefan Maierhofer £1.8 million, Jelle Van Dam £2.5 million, Roger Johnson for £4 million...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024