Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most overrated town player ever? 14:18 - Apr 27 with 14478 viewsHarryWright

I'll start, Bialkowski. The most average keeper hyped up to be something he's not, Counago is a close second though.
The most overrated town player ever? on 14:19 - Apr 27 with 4628 viewsKieran_Knows

Harry Wright for no.1 spot I presume?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:19 - Apr 27 with 4623 viewsSteve_M

Bart isn't even the most over-hyped keeper of the last decade.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:20 - Apr 27 with 4620 viewsHeathlander

Stuart Slater
The most overrated town player ever? on 14:20 - Apr 27 with 4613 viewsHarryWright

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:19 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

For town? who would you say is more overhyped then, I can't remember us having that many keepers we thought we really good.
The most overrated town player ever? on 14:23 - Apr 27 with 4593 viewsReuser_is_God

I'd say Pablo was underrated by many.

He had more ability than our current side combined.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:23 - Apr 27 with 4586 viewsSteve_M

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:20 - Apr 27 by HarryWright

For town? who would you say is more overhyped then, I can't remember us having that many keepers we thought we really good.

Neil Alexander, saved a couple of penalties and loads thought he was irreplaceable. The truth is he had been decidedly mixed, letting some fairly soft goals in early on.

Bart may be regarded a little too highly by some fans but he has been in excellent form since February last year, that's too long a spell to be just a fluke. Before that he had some notable weaknesses coming off his line and against low shots from distance - how has he resolved those with Webster still coaching.

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:23 - Apr 27 with 4585 viewspeterleeblue

Easily Counago.
The hero worship for him on here I've never understood.
The only thing I can say to defend him is he did follow on from Marcus Stewart arguably Towns greatest post Bobby Robson era player IMHO. - and if that doesn't help elongate this thread I don't know what will............
The most overrated town player ever? on 14:24 - Apr 27 with 4571 viewsIllinoisblue

Captain Controversial reporting for duty.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:26 - Apr 27 with 4548 viewsBlueBadger

Carlos Edwards. A winger who couldn't, who was converted into an 'attacking' full back who still couldn't cross, but also made the backline vulnerable.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:27 - Apr 27 with 4545 viewsBlueBadger

Jordan Rhodes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:29 - Apr 27 with 4529 viewsSteve_M

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:26 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

Carlos Edwards. A winger who couldn't, who was converted into an 'attacking' full back who still couldn't cross, but also made the backline vulnerable.

Nah, he was mainly rubbish for years but ended up as a half-decent attacking full back. Actually the only one of Keane's signings to show real commitment to the club over more than three games.

Lee Martin is more over-rated by virtue of the fact that anyone actually rates the walking red card. I see walking, more like perpetually lunging.

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:30 - Apr 27 with 4515 viewsIllinoisblue

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:20 - Apr 27 by Heathlander

Stuart Slater

overrated and overpriced. To think we were paying 750k for him over twenty years ago and that would today be considered a big investment...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:34 - Apr 27 with 4486 viewsMattinLondon

In terms of managerial hype, in recent years, for me it has to be Cole Skuse. The most one-dimensional midfielder I have seen in a Town short. Followed closely by Norris.
The most overrated town player ever? on 14:34 - Apr 27 with 4486 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Maybe controversial but I would say Kelvin Davis for me, seemed to get beaten from range all the time.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:53 - Apr 27 with 4371 viewshoppy

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:23 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

Neil Alexander, saved a couple of penalties and loads thought he was irreplaceable. The truth is he had been decidedly mixed, letting some fairly soft goals in early on.

Bart may be regarded a little too highly by some fans but he has been in excellent form since February last year, that's too long a spell to be just a fluke. Before that he had some notable weaknesses coming off his line and against low shots from distance - how has he resolved those with Webster still coaching.

Bit harsh on Alexander in my opinion. The soft goals were, as you say, early on in his time at Town, but I had felt that after a long while of not having a reliable keeper, he had settled down and was becoming a very good one for us towards the end of his stay. I felt that position was of no concern at that point and we could then sort out our lack of right back etc, but then he moved on, putting us back to square one with a keeper.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:55 - Apr 27 with 4371 viewsbluelou

Leaving aside the fact it's obviously a joke from the OP, I'd say Sixto Peralta, mainly because there's no way he was as good as I remember. HE WAS SO GOOD THOUGH

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:00 - Apr 27 with 4341 viewsArnieM

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:23 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

Bart is probably the single best reflex goal keeper in.this division. However the test of his game is bang average IMO.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:01 - Apr 27 with 4335 viewsGeoffSentence

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:20 - Apr 27 by HarryWright

How about Stockdale, he came here with a big reputation being on the fringe of the England squad and yet in the 18 games that he played for us we shipped 35 goals and only managed 1.28 points per game.

Compare that with his underrated contemporary, ALB.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:10 - Apr 27 with 4297 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:01 - Apr 27 by GeoffSentence

How about Stockdale, he came here with a big reputation being on the fringe of the England squad and yet in the 18 games that he played for us we shipped 35 goals and only managed 1.28 points per game.

Compare that with his underrated contemporary, ALB.

Agree with Stockdale, was incredibly overrated at the time IMO. That 7-1 mauling against Peterborough will live long in the memory.

He has done very well at Brighton though so would put that down to the useless Jewell team at the time time rather than Stockdale himself.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:16 - Apr 27 with 4265 viewsGeoffSentence

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:10 - Apr 27 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Agree with Stockdale, was incredibly overrated at the time IMO. That 7-1 mauling against Peterborough will live long in the memory.

He has done very well at Brighton though so would put that down to the useless Jewell team at the time time rather than Stockdale himself.

Well yes, Jewell's team didn't have a clue how to defend and the poor old 'keepers had a torrid time of it as a result.

However in Stockdale's 18 games that season we shipped 35 goals and managed only 1.27 points per game.

ALB also played 18 games in that same season, same team, in his 18 we shipped 27 goals and managed 1.39 points per game.

Ergo, Stockdale was overrated.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:26 - Apr 27 with 4233 viewschristiand

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:10 - Apr 27 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

To be fair to Stockdale, the crap he had in front of him didn't help much and if I recall the game against Peterborough without some of his saves it could of gone to double figures!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:30 - Apr 27 with 4216 viewsSWGF

The most overrated town player ever? on 14:19 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

Not even in the current squad.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:33 - Apr 27 with 4189 viewshoppy

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:30 - Apr 27 by SWGF

Not even in the current squad.

To be fair, there's only really one man that overrates the other main keeper in our squad.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:36 - Apr 27 with 4173 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:26 - Apr 27 by christiand

To be fair to Stockdale, the crap he had in front of him didn't help much and if I recall the game against Peterborough without some of his saves it could of gone to double figures!!

Agreed, it was a shambles that day and the whole team was culpable. Remember losing count how many times Peterborough just played a simple ball through the middle of our centre halves and they were in-was an embarrassing day at the office.

Stockdale for me though should have done better with both of Taylor's goals & Tomlin's second. Plus am pretty sure he spilled the ball for number 7 as well so wouldnt say he helped keep the score down that much.

Love how we always save these kind of performances for television!
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 15:39]

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:41 - Apr 27 with 4139 viewsClapham_Junction

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:16 - Apr 27 by GeoffSentence

Well yes, Jewell's team didn't have a clue how to defend and the poor old 'keepers had a torrid time of it as a result.

However in Stockdale's 18 games that season we shipped 35 goals and managed only 1.27 points per game.

ALB also played 18 games in that same season, same team, in his 18 we shipped 27 goals and managed 1.39 points per game.

Ergo, Stockdale was overrated.

Do you keep a big spreadsheet somewhere with all ITFC players' PPG stats?

Would be interesting to see which player over the years ranks highest (discounting ones that played only a handful of matches).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024