Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry to the outers 15:46 - Apr 27 with 3902 viewsitfcjoe

But Marcus allowing Mick to tie both Chambo and Berra up, when Smith and Webster are under contract is the writing on the wall surely?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sorry to the outers on 15:47 - Apr 27 with 3352 viewshype313

Do you not think it's just a way of making a few extra quid, knowing that clubs are interested?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sorry to the outers on 15:48 - Apr 27 with 3339 viewsJ2BLUE

It's been obvious for at least a month now that he's staying.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sorry to the outers on 15:50 - Apr 27 with 3337 viewsKieran_Knows

Possibly, although I certainly think were taking the option up in Berra's deal to try and get a small fee for him, that's what it seems like.

All eyes are on this 'chat' that MM and ME will have after the Forest game, so could be an interesting week or two after that game as to what actually happens.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sorry to the outers on 15:52 - Apr 27 with 3313 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Tend to agree.

Watson in the Evening Star is not so sure though:

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/mick-mccarthy-says-he-s-been-talking-around-b

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Sorry to the outers on 15:52 - Apr 27 with 3309 viewsThe_Snake

Looks to me like an insurance policy from the club's point of view. My hunch is that Chambo will be here next season and Berra will be back in Scotland. I'm not convinced Mick will be here next season, surely with us being safe from relegation some of these contract situations could be resolved now?
Sorry to the outers on 15:54 - Apr 27 with 3293 viewsitfcjoe

Sorry to the outers on 15:47 - Apr 27 by hype313

Do you not think it's just a way of making a few extra quid, knowing that clubs are interested?

Only 2 clubs in Scotland will be able to attract him now he has another year tied up at £10K/week, that makes him an unattractive signing

Sorry to the outers on 15:57 - Apr 27 with 3259 viewsArcher4721

I'm not so sure. I still think both will leave. Having them under contract just means we have more control where they go and under our terms.

MM nor the club have ever been ones to keep unhappy players.

They will both be off before the transfer window ends.
Sorry to the outers on 16:00 - Apr 27 with 3234 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry to the outers on 15:57 - Apr 27 by Archer4721

I'm not so sure. I still think both will leave. Having them under contract just means we have more control where they go and under our terms.

MM nor the club have ever been ones to keep unhappy players.

They will both be off before the transfer window ends.

Love this one. Why would unhappy players extend their contracts?

EDIT - Ignore me, didn't realise Berra's was an option
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 16:01]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry to the outers on 16:00 - Apr 27 with 3225 viewsTractorWood

It's all one big poker game atm. Hope we get some clarity at some point. Signing up Berra and Chambo is a win-win situation due to recent interest and them both being good pros.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Sorry to the outers on 16:01 - Apr 27 with 3213 viewsRadlett_blue

Sorry to the outers on 15:54 - Apr 27 by itfcjoe

Only 2 clubs in Scotland will be able to attract him now he has another year tied up at £10K/week, that makes him an unattractive signing

Yes, Hearts have no money (like nearly all Scottish clubs) so won't be able to match Berra's wage or pay a fee. Unless he attracts other interest or mutually agree to cancel his contract when we realise we're stuck with him, we could end up with the worst of all worlds - an uninterested, slightly over the hill player sticking around for a weekly cheque.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sorry to the outers on 16:04 - Apr 27 with 3183 viewsArcher4721

Sorry to the outers on 16:00 - Apr 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Love this one. Why would unhappy players extend their contracts?

EDIT - Ignore me, didn't realise Berra's was an option
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 16:01]

I do generally ignore you as you always get things wrong.
Sorry to the outers on 16:06 - Apr 27 with 3165 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry to the outers on 16:04 - Apr 27 by Archer4721

I do generally ignore you as you always get things wrong.

I always thought you were alright aswell...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sorry to the outers on 16:06 - Apr 27 with 3166 viewsflashblue

Sorry to the outers on 15:52 - Apr 27 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Tend to agree.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/mick-mccarthy-says-he-s-been-talking-around-b

“The options (in their contracts for an extra 12 months) have to be exorcised by a certain date and they will be exorcised...."

So ME is now the exorcist

lol

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Sorry to the outers on 16:11 - Apr 27 with 3119 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Sorry to the outers on 16:06 - Apr 27 by flashblue

“The options (in their contracts for an extra 12 months) have to be exorcised by a certain date and they will be exorcised...."

lol

LMAO! I hadnt clocked that on the first read-oh dear Mr Watson!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Sorry to the outers on 16:13 - Apr 27 with 3107 viewshype313

Sorry to the outers on 16:06 - Apr 27 by flashblue

lol

How come he's still here?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sorry to the outers on 16:31 - Apr 27 with 3022 viewsArcher4721

Sorry to the outers on 16:06 - Apr 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I always thought you were alright aswell...

Sorry to the outers on 19:09 - Apr 27 with 2857 viewsClausThomsen

They've not really been "tied up", just had the options taken up. Bit of a no-brainer as we could get a fee for either of them.

It's looking ominous though. As a football club you have to twist when a manager takes you back to where you started 5 years ago.

Surely Evans isn't so stupid to stick

But he probably is.
Sorry to the outers on 19:19 - Apr 27 with 2809 viewsmonty_radio

Sorry to the outers on 15:54 - Apr 27 by itfcjoe

Sunderland might be interested, possibly.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Sorry to the outers on 19:30 - Apr 27 with 2769 viewsKeaneish

I have no idea and that's the way he likes it. He should have walked after the embarrassment at Lincoln but never. You'd have thought he'd hand his notice in once our Championship status was secure given the level of unpopularity toward him but didnt. I'd like to think he'll resign at the end of the season but what I've come to realise is that he's got a lot of hallmarks of a narcissist - the focus and attention is always about him.

The saddest thing is that I don't really care any more. Probably the saddest indictment I could give to any manager.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Sorry to the outers on 19:59 - Apr 27 with 2663 viewsitfcjoe

Sorry to the outers on 19:09 - Apr 27 by ClausThomsen

They've not really been "tied up", just had the options taken up. Bit of a no-brainer as we could get a fee for either of them.

It's looking ominous though. As a football club you have to twist when a manager takes you back to where you started 5 years ago.

Surely Evans isn't so stupid to stick

But he probably is.

When the strongest interest for Berra is seemingly Hearts, giving him another year at £10K/week is most definitely tieing him, and subsequently a decent chunk of budget here, up.

Sorry to the outers on 20:33 - Apr 27 with 2584 viewsParsley

Sorry to the outers on 19:59 - Apr 27 by itfcjoe

When the strongest interest for Berra is seemingly Hearts, giving him another year at £10K/week is most definitely tieing him, and subsequently a decent chunk of budget here, up.

I'm not totally sure that's true, but it gives more control over both of their futures. It does look like they'll both be here for another season but I think if Berra really wants to leave McCarthy won't stand in his way. There's a danger that if we just release him he could change his mind and sign for any club, in a similar situation where Delaney left and ended up at Palace.

This is all specualtion of course.
Sorry to the outers on 21:33 - Apr 27 with 2475 viewsjas0999

Sorry to the outers on 15:47 - Apr 27 by hype313

Exactly this. Evans knows Berra wants a move. He will go. Just a means a few extra quid to Evans now as Berra is under contract. Ditto Chambers.
Sorry to the outers on 21:43 - Apr 27 with 2448 viewsStNeotsBlue

Sorry to the outers on 21:33 - Apr 27 by jas0999

Exactly this. Evans knows Berra wants a move. He will go. Just a means a few extra quid to Evans now as Berra is under contract. Ditto Chambers.

If this is the case it's a bit sh1tty behaviour, if he's an eager young buck of 23 the club should do all they can to get the best deal, but for a bloke in their mid 30's who has served us well it would seem counter productive if he wants away.
Sorry to the outers on 21:43 - Apr 27 with 2448 viewsSuperfrans

Sorry to the outers on 15:52 - Apr 27 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Tend to agree.

that reads as if something is going to happen after the last game - and that Mick knows it could be him leaving.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Sorry to the outers on 10:13 - Apr 28 with 2158 viewsClausThomsen

Sorry to the outers on 19:59 - Apr 27 by itfcjoe

Nonsense, Berra and Chambers are still good players at this level - their options being taken up tells us nothing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024