Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will MM get a coach in? 16:52 - Apr 27 with 2998 viewschristiand

MM has been here long enough to show us all he doesn't know how to get a team to play a decent style of football, which most of us crave. Would it not be worth getting someone in that knows how to do it? Someone like Peter Taylor. A coach like this might be his best signing over the summer.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Will MM get a coach in? on 16:57 - Apr 27 with 2973 viewsfactual_blue

Will this coach teach them how to park the bus?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Will MM get a coach in? on 16:57 - Apr 27 with 2977 viewsBluebell

He could use one of these although it looks like whoever took the photo was drunk!

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:00 - Apr 27 with 2959 viewschristiand

Will MM get a coach in? on 16:57 - Apr 27 by Bluebell

He could use one of these although it looks like whoever took the photo was drunk!

This coach might have more ideas than MM to get our players to keep it on the ground Bluebell! 😂

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:00 - Apr 27 with 2959 viewsfactual_blue

Remind me, who was it said the other day they always had their phone or camera with them?..............

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:02 - Apr 27 with 2954 viewsBluebell

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:00 - Apr 27 by factual_blue

Remind me, who was it said the other day they always had their phone or camera with them?..............

Wasn't me, m'lud.

I thought you had gone to China.
Will MM get a coach in? on 17:05 - Apr 27 with 2938 viewsfactual_blue

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:02 - Apr 27 by Bluebell

Wasn't me, m'lud.

I thought you had gone to China.

We fly next Wednesday.

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:07 - Apr 27 with 2935 viewsBluebell

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:05 - Apr 27 by factual_blue

We fly next Wednesday.

Bristish Airways by any chance?

See other thread.
Will MM get a coach in? on 17:08 - Apr 27 with 2931 viewsfactual_blue

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:07 - Apr 27 by Bluebell

Bristish Airways by any chance?

See other thread.

Arsenal Airlines

Login to get fewer ads

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:12 - Apr 27 with 2921 viewsJ2BLUE

MM has one year left on his deal. If you think he's going to drastically alter the style of football you're in for a disappointment. He's going to double down on whatever he thinks will work for one last shot at the big time.

I feel sorry for anyone who renewed thinking we're going to spend big and change the style of play. It's not going to happen.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:35 - Apr 27 with 2887 viewsmonty_radio

We might need two, even if we're at home.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:41 - Apr 27 with 2877 viewswkj

A mate of mine who works in the tuck shop at half time (no honestly... some of them do have staff) reckons there could be a coach being bought in from Norwich

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:43 - Apr 27 with 2870 viewstextbackup

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:12 - Apr 27 by J2BLUE

MM has one year left on his deal. If you think he's going to drastically alter the style of football you're in for a disappointment. He's going to double down on whatever he thinks will work for one last shot at the big time.

I feel sorry for anyone who renewed thinking we're going to spend big and change the style of play. It's not going to happen.

I'm fully expecting more of the same boring sht, if I expect for a season the same as this then ANYTHING else is a bonus

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will MM get a coach in? on 17:46 - Apr 27 with 2862 viewsstrikalite

He has one.....Terry Connor no??

Let's be honest, Mick is his own man and incredibly proud one at that, nobody is ever going to tell him what is what or change his views...

We're stuck with his methods of work, like it or not, nothing will change.
Will MM get a coach in? on 18:28 - Apr 27 with 2816 viewsPilgrimblue

He's far too stubborn to change his ways, too arrogant to take advice as he knows best and already has a coach in T C who makes no difference.
If I'm wrong then he'd sack TC and promote Nash to first team. He won't cause he's MM, the best manager in the league!!!
Will MM get a coach in? on 18:37 - Apr 27 with 2800 viewsMullet

That's frankly b0llocks. He's improved us immensely in his time as a whole. It's this season where the wheels have fallen off.

If you didn't enjoy Murphy smashing through the league like Wayne Rooney at a daycentre, thanks to the joie de vivre of Bishop, McGoldrick et al. let alone the progression from the day he took over you're either mad or a liar.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Will MM get a coach in? on 21:20 - Apr 27 with 2683 viewschristiand

Will MM get a coach in? on 18:37 - Apr 27 by Mullet

That's frankly b0llocks. He's improved us immensely in his time as a whole. It's this season where the wheels have fallen off.

If you didn't enjoy Murphy smashing through the league like Wayne Rooney at a daycentre, thanks to the joie de vivre of Bishop, McGoldrick et al. let alone the progression from the day he took over you're either mad or a liar.

Sorry Mullet completely disagree. Two seasons ago, until the end of December, we mixed our play up better and did play some decent stuff at times - not consistently. The last two seasons it's been woeful, with no progress in our play if anything we've gone backwards. Look at the stats especially this season, I bet we're bottom 3 for most of them. If you think differently then you're either mad or a liar.

Will MM get a coach in? on 21:26 - Apr 27 with 2670 viewsMullet

Will MM get a coach in? on 21:20 - Apr 27 by christiand

Sorry Mullet completely disagree. Two seasons ago, until the end of December, we mixed our play up better and did play some decent stuff at times - not consistently. The last two seasons it's been woeful, with no progress in our play if anything we've gone backwards. Look at the stats especially this season, I bet we're bottom 3 for most of them. If you think differently then you're either mad or a liar.

It's bizarre how these sentiments track results closely. Such as the Newcastle game most recently.

To say up until December is exactly in line with our decline from the top of the league after all. It's simply nonsense and all stats do is confirm biases or the blatantly obvious.

This season has been a massive backwards step, but that's as much down to availability and mentality. "Style" is dictated by that.

If anyone doubts the coaching of Mick and TC at all, then they simply haven't watched the improvement of so many players in his reign here. Using this season to confirm that and ignore the period 3 times longer only serves to show how futile such assessments are.

Should the decline continue in results it's a fairer point but still has to ignore the individual changes whether that's the transformation of Mings, the steady improvements Bishop and Kenlock made in one season respectively under Mick's tutelage.

It's largely a lazy misnomer for a rightful dissatisfaction with results.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Will MM get a coach in? on 21:26 - Apr 27 with 2669 viewsWeWereZombies

And after the new coach suggests we keep it on the ground a bit more:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Will MM get a coach in? on 21:27 - Apr 27 with 2666 viewsTendring_Blue

Will MM get a coach in? on 21:20 - Apr 27 by christiand

Lack of investment from Evans is the root cause. Changing manager, changes nothing.
Will MM get a coach in? on 03:47 - Apr 28 with 2574 viewsharlingblue

If MM is the Manager to continue, perhaps he needs to let TC go?
Perhaps he needs someone that is prepared to stand up to him, and be prepared to point out things that are not going right, to sit in the stands and to tell him the formation is wrong, and how he can beat the opposition?
Will MM get a coach in? on 07:00 - Apr 28 with 2509 viewschristiand

Will MM get a coach in? on 21:26 - Apr 27 by Mullet

It's bizarre how these sentiments track results closely. Such as the Newcastle game most recently.

To say up until December is exactly in line with our decline from the top of the league after all. It's simply nonsense and all stats do is confirm biases or the blatantly obvious.

This season has been a massive backwards step, but that's as much down to availability and mentality. "Style" is dictated by that.

If anyone doubts the coaching of Mick and TC at all, then they simply haven't watched the improvement of so many players in his reign here. Using this season to confirm that and ignore the period 3 times longer only serves to show how futile such assessments are.

Should the decline continue in results it's a fairer point but still has to ignore the individual changes whether that's the transformation of Mings, the steady improvements Bishop and Kenlock made in one season respectively under Mick's tutelage.

It's largely a lazy misnomer for a rightful dissatisfaction with results.

Once more I disagree, but appreciate your view. I was attending quite regularly during the play off season and even then, me included, there were those fans less than impressed with performances during that period - not results. Middlesborough at home was the best I had seen us play for a while, but this wasn't a regular occurrence. Since that late December we have gone backwards in our style and I'm not focusing on results. We could play long ball and be at be top of the league, however I would still be p*ssed off, like many others, watching such poor quality football. If we did get promoted, MM has shown his limitations in the Premier League with Sunderland and Wolves where he has come up well short and been quickly found out by those better quality sides.

For all MM's transfer successess there have been an equal amount of dud signings too. The interesting thing for me is whether Bishop or Kenlock can kick on. They have now been around the first team for a while. Can they both continue developing? Bishop, looked terrific when he first got in the side, but hasn't got back to those heights....yet. I'm hoping that Kenlock can carry on in his development and not get distracted and start believing his own hype.

Let's get one thing straight Mullet, I'm not one of those fans that is just happy being top of the league grinding out results. I expect us to play football in the right way. Stats can work for or against your argument, but when you are bottom 3 for most of them that's no coincidence! MM has shown that he can't adapt, he's been here long enough. Once Murphy was sold, the team continue to play long ball to McGoldrick, Pitman and Sears - all less than 6ft and not target men? Surely, he must have thought this isn't working but how do I change it?

Will MM get a coach in? on 07:53 - Apr 28 with 2445 viewsSteve_M

Will MM get a coach in? on 07:00 - Apr 28 by christiand

Once more I disagree, but appreciate your view. I was attending quite regularly during the play off season and even then, me included, there were those fans less than impressed with performances during that period - not results. Middlesborough at home was the best I had seen us play for a while, but this wasn't a regular occurrence. Since that late December we have gone backwards in our style and I'm not focusing on results. We could play long ball and be at be top of the league, however I would still be p*ssed off, like many others, watching such poor quality football. If we did get promoted, MM has shown his limitations in the Premier League with Sunderland and Wolves where he has come up well short and been quickly found out by those better quality sides.

For all MM's transfer successess there have been an equal amount of dud signings too. The interesting thing for me is whether Bishop or Kenlock can kick on. They have now been around the first team for a while. Can they both continue developing? Bishop, looked terrific when he first got in the side, but hasn't got back to those heights....yet. I'm hoping that Kenlock can carry on in his development and not get distracted and start believing his own hype.

Let's get one thing straight Mullet, I'm not one of those fans that is just happy being top of the league grinding out results. I expect us to play football in the right way. Stats can work for or against your argument, but when you are bottom 3 for most of them that's no coincidence! MM has shown that he can't adapt, he's been here long enough. Once Murphy was sold, the team continue to play long ball to McGoldrick, Pitman and Sears - all less than 6ft and not target men? Surely, he must have thought this isn't working but how do I change it?

I think it's less about style than availability and fitness of players which makes MM more conservative. MM tried to change the style for the 2015-16 season and, except for a month at the start, it was the worst thing he's done here. When it went wrong we had lost the requisite energy of Tabb, Anderson and Hunt to play the pressing game of the season before.

It's telling that our football is a lot better, both aesthetically and in terms of results, with Huws, McGoldrick and Lawrence all fit and playing well. We have some energy and skill back in midfield rather than being conservative and lethargic. I think MM has shown that he can change things, just that when we had a good month, playing decent football in February and didn't win many the wins bit became much more important.

Yes, he's made a fair few mistakes here, but after four years that is inevitable, especially given our budget relative to the rest of the division. Any team needs a focal point to their play, injuries to McGoldrick and Pitman and Sears lack of form have also contributed to us failing to keep the ball and create many chances but not as much as failing to replace Murphy.

MM did keep Wolves up for two seasons which, given their recent history, is pretty good and they were excellent on the way to promotion. The last season was rubbish but that tends to happen to clubs, Sunderland were a weak side - that comes into it as much as his ability.

Would I change manager now? Probably, we could do with some fresh ideas and it was obvious that the bond between MM and a lot of fans was severely strained even last Autumn. Not sure that means a new manager would do a better job and might even cause more upheaval this Summer - if MM staying means keeping Chambers and signing Huws then that might be as good as we get.

I thought McGoldrick's comments about not bringing in good players were telling, Chambers having previously made the same point. That's why we've stalled this year as much as MM in my opinion. The squad is inevitably weaker as a result, players age and we've not replaced those sold. Evans' parsimony the root cause here.

Would a coach add something different? Maybe, it worked for Burley and Ferguson kept things fresh at United by changing coaches frequently but it would need to be someone MM was comfortable with otherwise it just creates an even bigger mess.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 8:23]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Will MM get a coach in? on 08:15 - Apr 28 with 2433 viewsSuperfrans

Will MM get a coach in? on 07:53 - Apr 28 by Steve_M

I think it's less about style than availability and fitness of players which makes MM more conservative. MM tried to change the style for the 2015-16 season and, except for a month at the start, it was the worst thing he's done here. When it went wrong we had lost the requisite energy of Tabb, Anderson and Hunt to play the pressing game of the season before.

It's telling that our football is a lot better, both aesthetically and in terms of results, with Huws, McGoldrick and Lawrence all fit and playing well. We have some energy and skill back in midfield rather than being conservative and lethargic. I think MM has shown that he can change things, just that when we had a good month, playing decent football in February and didn't win many the wins bit became much more important.

Yes, he's made a fair few mistakes here, but after four years that is inevitable, especially given our budget relative to the rest of the division. Any team needs a focal point to their play, injuries to McGoldrick and Pitman and Sears lack of form have also contributed to us failing to keep the ball and create many chances but not as much as failing to replace Murphy.

MM did keep Wolves up for two seasons which, given their recent history, is pretty good and they were excellent on the way to promotion. The last season was rubbish but that tends to happen to clubs, Sunderland were a weak side - that comes into it as much as his ability.

Would I change manager now? Probably, we could do with some fresh ideas and it was obvious that the bond between MM and a lot of fans was severely strained even last Autumn. Not sure that means a new manager would do a better job and might even cause more upheaval this Summer - if MM staying means keeping Chambers and signing Huws then that might be as good as we get.

I thought McGoldrick's comments about not bringing in good players were telling, Chambers having previously made the same point. That's why we've stalled this year as much as MM in my opinion. The squad is inevitably weaker as a result, players age and we've not replaced those sold. Evans' parsimony the root cause here.

Would a coach add something different? Maybe, it worked for Burley and Ferguson kept things fresh at United by changing coaches frequently but it would need to be someone MM was comfortable with otherwise it just creates an even bigger mess.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 8:23]

He also tried to change style at the beginning of this season - hence the signing of Ward, the decision to bring in Lawrence, Williams and our attempts to play on the ground more for much of the autumn. This was derailed by the late sale of Murphy and the subsequent injury to Pitman which left us without an in-form striker from September to December.

Instead of understanding these issues and getting behind the team, the fans turned and we haven't really looked forward since. Add in a chaotic (frankly mis-managed January window) and we've ended up where we are.

I agree on the four year issue. Mick's 2 seasons were always going to represent progress because we were so low in Jewell's latter years. The difference between Jewell and Mick though is that Jewell simply lost confidence in himself and his players and by the end simply didn't know what to do to put things right - Mick (for all his faults) continues to have the support of his players and, when we need a point, knows how we can get one. That's why under Jewell we went 6-7 games without a point, then 11 games without winning, while Mick never has.

I still think (on balance) that Mick is going to go, although I'm less certain than I was a month ago. I would suspect that this will be decided after the Forest game, given the talk about a meeting then. I don't imagine that Marcus/Mick know for certain how this will go - will Mick want more money, will Marcus be willing to give him it, will Mick believe it's worth staying if he's on the same budget? It will be a conversation.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024