Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain 19:25 - Apr 27 with 6887 viewsgiant_stow

Over brexit.

????!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-labour-supporters-gene

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 19:45 - Apr 27 with 4303 viewsJ2BLUE

Lend her your vote ullaa.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 19:53 - Apr 27 with 4295 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't think it will be anything but an absolutely massive landslide unfortunately. As a lifelong (usual) Tory voter this is going to result in a tough ride for the ordinary people. I can see long time red areas turning blue.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 19:59 - Apr 27 with 4265 viewsgiant_stow

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 19:45 - Apr 27 by J2BLUE

Lend her your vote ullaa.

Yeah that was the second most nauseating thing she said.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 20:00 - Apr 27 with 4255 viewsJ2BLUE

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 19:59 - Apr 27 by giant_stow

Yeah that was the second most nauseating thing she said.

I wonder if she'll pay it back by calling an election as soon as Brexit negotiations are up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 20:01 - Apr 27 with 4260 viewsgiant_stow

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 19:53 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I don't think it will be anything but an absolutely massive landslide unfortunately. As a lifelong (usual) Tory voter this is going to result in a tough ride for the ordinary people. I can see long time red areas turning blue.

If she stirs up enough of this stupid them and us stuff, maybe. Scary times.

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 20:13 - Apr 27 with 4228 viewsLord_Lucan

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 20:01 - Apr 27 by giant_stow

If she stirs up enough of this stupid them and us stuff, maybe. Scary times.

For what it's worth I think she is a fairly good leader but a house with a massive Tory majority will be difficult for the common man. It seems that the whole world is going more right wing and dictatorial.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 23:13 - Apr 27 with 4088 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 20:13 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

For what it's worth I think she is a fairly good leader but a house with a massive Tory majority will be difficult for the common man. It seems that the whole world is going more right wing and dictatorial.

I don't get this "difficult for the common man stuff Lucan. Under successive Tory governments, the "common man" has claimed the ladder. Whether it was the increase in home ownership under Thatcher. Or the opportunity for the "common man" to buy shares, something that was previously the preserve of the wealthy.

Even under this government we have seen millions of "common men" taken out of paying income tax. When Gordon Brown left office in 2010 the tax free allowance was £6,500. This year you can earn up to £11,500 before paying a oenny income tax.

The last Labour government saw an increase in unemployment. Under this government unemployment has falling to io it's lowest level since records began.

One final note. How is it dictatorial to call an election when you could stay as Prime Minister for another three years Guaranteed?

I think we are forgetting what real dictators act like.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 23:28 - Apr 27 with 4083 viewsfeelingblue

Unfortunately, at a crucial time for all of us, it looks as if, once again, politicians are going to put their own and their party interests, above our national interests.
Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 23:32 - Apr 27 with 4073 viewsblueislander

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 20:00 - Apr 27 by J2BLUE

I wonder if she'll pay it back by calling an election as soon as Brexit negotiations are up.

You are very optimistic if you think the Brexit negotations will have been completed before the next parliament has run its course.
Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 23:38 - Apr 27 with 4059 viewsStNeotsBlue

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 23:13 - Apr 27 by GlasgowBlue

I don't get this "difficult for the common man stuff Lucan. Under successive Tory governments, the "common man" has claimed the ladder. Whether it was the increase in home ownership under Thatcher. Or the opportunity for the "common man" to buy shares, something that was previously the preserve of the wealthy.

Even under this government we have seen millions of "common men" taken out of paying income tax. When Gordon Brown left office in 2010 the tax free allowance was £6,500. This year you can earn up to £11,500 before paying a oenny income tax.

The last Labour government saw an increase in unemployment. Under this government unemployment has falling to io it's lowest level since records began.

One final note. How is it dictatorial to call an election when you could stay as Prime Minister for another three years Guaranteed?

Vince Cable and the Lib's are responsible for the higher tax threshold. Granting people the ability to buy their council houses was a great idea, not allowing local authorities to spend this income on more homes for the next generation was at best short sighted.
Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 07:29 - Apr 28 with 3927 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 23:38 - Apr 27 by StNeotsBlue

Vince Cable and the Lib's are responsible for the higher tax threshold. Granting people the ability to buy their council houses was a great idea, not allowing local authorities to spend this income on more homes for the next generation was at best short sighted.

andbyet George Osborne carried on raising the threshold after winning the last election. Why didn't the Evil Tories reverse this Liberal policy?

Re the right to buy. I completely agree that councils should have been able to use the money to build more council houses but that wasn't the point I was making.

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:32 - Apr 28 with 3868 viewsHerbivore

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 07:29 - Apr 28 by GlasgowBlue

andbyet George Osborne carried on raising the threshold after winning the last election. Why didn't the Evil Tories reverse this Liberal policy?

Re the right to buy. I completely agree that councils should have been able to use the money to build more council houses but that wasn't the point I was making.

Because they realised it was one of the few popular policies from the coalition government and being a bunch of cynics whose sole goal is to retain power they decided to persist with it.

You can't claim that right to buy was good for the 'common man' whilst ignoring all the negative consequences, like a huge lack of social housing stock, limited affordable housing. The 'common man' now lives in a privately rented house lining the pockets of a Tory voting landlord with no prospect of ever owning a house. Go Tories!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:35 - Apr 28 with 3862 viewsArcher4721

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 23:13 - Apr 27 by GlasgowBlue

You live in a dream world

The "common man" is struggling to pay his bills and is using food banks to eat! I wonder how many of the millions of people on minimum wage and zero hours contracts own shares.
Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:40 - Apr 28 with 3853 viewsSomethingBlue

It is hard to dream up a single shred of evidence that anything she is doing is "strong and stable" — but people will sadly fall for it hook, line and sinker, and follow her like lemmings.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:43 - Apr 28 with 3847 viewsgiant_stow

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:40 - Apr 28 by SomethingBlue

It is hard to dream up a single shred of evidence that anything she is doing is "strong and stable" — but people will sadly fall for it hook, line and sinker, and follow her like lemmings.

Ssh up you, don't think and leave it to 'mummy'.

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:45 - Apr 28 with 3842 viewsHerbivore

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:40 - Apr 28 by SomethingBlue

When you have the support of 80% plus of the press (and are subsequently in their pockets) it's easy to drill home false messages to 'persuade' the electorate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:46 - Apr 28 with 3833 viewsSomethingBlue

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 08:45 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

When you have the support of 80% plus of the press (and are subsequently in their pockets) it's easy to drill home false messages to 'persuade' the electorate.

Her strategy to date since calling the election pretty much proves the point.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 09:41 - Apr 28 with 3771 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting you mention Thatcher, as income inequality grew at its fastest rate in the modern era under her time and has been relatively constant since. She did more to create a 'them versus us' society in Britain than anyone else since the second world war. Not exactly a party of all the people.

Unemployment rate is of course good news, but actually levels are on a par with where they were though much of the labour's last terms, they just got hammered in the last couple of years after the 2008 crash. And they're not near the lowest from before Thatcher. But doing great, don't get me wrong. It hides all the zero hours contracts stuff and the 'real' unemployment rate, but the latter at least is always higher than official figures whoever is in power. Still much to do in certain areas of the country though. We're up at 10-15% in some areas, with real rates likely to be double this. (That's a long-standing issue, not necessarily party specific).

http://cdn.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-kingdom-unemployment-rate.png?s=uk

However unpleasant she is, she's certainly not a dictator. Agreed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 10:17 - Apr 28 with 3708 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 09:41 - Apr 28 by Swansea_Blue

Interesting you mention Thatcher, as income inequality grew at its fastest rate in the modern era under her time and has been relatively constant since. She did more to create a 'them versus us' society in Britain than anyone else since the second world war. Not exactly a party of all the people.

Unemployment rate is of course good news, but actually levels are on a par with where they were though much of the labour's last terms, they just got hammered in the last couple of years after the 2008 crash. And they're not near the lowest from before Thatcher. But doing great, don't get me wrong. It hides all the zero hours contracts stuff and the 'real' unemployment rate, but the latter at least is always higher than official figures whoever is in power. Still much to do in certain areas of the country though. We're up at 10-15% in some areas, with real rates likely to be double this. (That's a long-standing issue, not necessarily party specific).

http://cdn.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-kingdom-unemployment-rate.png?s=uk

However unpleasant she is, she's certainly not a dictator. Agreed.

Income inequality doesn't bother me in the slightest.

If the rich get richer at a faster rate than the poor get richer, the poor at least are still getting richer.

income inequality stats showing a smaller gap isn't much good if the rich get poorer and the poor stay poor.

Iron Lion Zion

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 10:34 - Apr 28 with 3696 viewsDarth_Koont

Reality's a bitch, isn't it?

To be fair to May, we've had people on here who haven't understood the weakness in the UK's position from Day One. And still show little sign of wising up. So evidently May's empty rhetoric works/has an eager audience.

Pronouns: He/Him

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 10:56 - Apr 28 with 3665 viewschicoazul

I am increasingly of the opinion that this woman is an idiot who thinks everyone else is an idiot too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 11:03 - Apr 28 with 3644 viewsnoggin

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 10:56 - Apr 28 by chicoazul

I am increasingly of the opinion that this woman is an idiot who thinks everyone else is an idiot too.

She might have a point. Afterall, brexit.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 11:04 - Apr 28 with 3646 viewsSteve_M

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 10:56 - Apr 28 by chicoazul

Well, quite. She's a control freak who hates even the mildest hint of criticism or scrutiny. Good thing we have such a strong opposition to capitalise on this.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 11:05 - Apr 28 with 3637 viewschicoazul

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 11:04 - Apr 28 by Steve_M

Well, quite. She's a control freak who hates even the mildest hint of criticism or scrutiny. Good thing we have such a strong opposition to capitalise on this.

The whole country is screwed beyond belief. I'd emigrate if I was younger.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 11:39 - Apr 28 with 3596 viewsSwansea_Blue

Theresa May accuses remaining 27 EU members of ‘lining up to oppose’ Britain on 10:17 - Apr 28 by GlasgowBlue

Income inequality doesn't bother me in the slightest.

If the rich get richer at a faster rate than the poor get richer, the poor at least are still getting richer.

income inequality stats showing a smaller gap isn't much good if the rich get poorer and the poor stay poor.

It wouldn't because you're not at the wrong end of it. I'm not either thankfully, but rising child poverty levels, cuts to disability allowances, freezes on working age benefits, record numbers on temporary contracts or zero hours contracts, exclusion of young adults from housing allowances, a doubling of homelessness since 2010, etc., etc., means that to a lot of people it's a real issue and they're struggling. As seen by the phenomenal increase in food parcels being handed out, for example.

There's a lot of people who can't get pulled up on the coattails of the rich. I've no problem with wheedling out scroungers, but can't help but feel that Tory policy excludes a lot of society. Doesn't feel like a party for the common person to me.

And that's before we get to not looking after the environment and by extension public health by raising fossil fuel subsidies, cutting renewable initiatives, failing to comply with directives and regulations on air quality.... But that's a whole different story.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024