Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Future manager 08:09 - Apr 28 with 4757 viewsskelly1923

The Cowley brothers from Lincoln could work their magic here
Future manager on 12:02 - Apr 28 with 1405 viewsartsbossbeard

Future manager on 12:02 - Apr 28 by ClausThomsen

This thread was about a future manager.

And all the staunch MM supporters (which is what you are) have tried their best to downplay the achievements of the proposed future manager, while making excuses for their flailing clown who just lost to Rotherham.

If MM's here next season, I'm out. I'm sick of the dialogue.

Promise?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Future manager on 12:03 - Apr 28 with 1397 viewsPJH

And all the staunch MM supporters (which is what you are) have tried their best to downplay the achievements of the proposed future manager, while making excuses for their flailing clown who just lost to Rotherham.

Your last line pleases me greatly.
Future manager on 12:04 - Apr 28 with 1389 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hold up..

All mick inners have tried to make excuses for Rotherham?

Even though we made changes, I thought the performance was a disgrace and my report written on the way home from Yorkshire that day said so.

So let's not pretend all mick inners have made excuses thanks

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Future manager on 12:05 - Apr 28 with 1381 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Future manager on 12:03 - Apr 28 by PJH

He only listens to games anyway tbf

Future manager on 12:08 - Apr 28 with 1370 viewsPJH

Future manager on 12:05 - Apr 28 by The_Romford_Blue

He only listens to games anyway tbf

I know he does.
Future manager on 12:26 - Apr 28 with 1334 viewsusm

Future manager on 11:30 - Apr 28 by LankHenners

When will people learn that a few victories over reserve sides that clearly weren't interested doesn't constitute an ability to manage at Championship level.

With our resources? Without the contacts? No way.

They took Braintree to a respectable place in the Conference as well. They wouldnt be the worst appointment - bit of a risk and i would hope there would be a better option for us out there - but we could do worse.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Future manager on 12:57 - Apr 28 with 1314 viewsReuser_is_God

Future manager on 11:52 - Apr 28 by Guthrum

I think if people had not been able to watch it on TV, then there wouldn't be half the fuss in some quarters - however badly we'd played.

Level of opposition notwithstanding, was it any more abject a performance than Rotherham at home last season? Or the second half away at Cardiff last month?

I didn't see the 2 examples you've mentioned.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Future manager on 13:45 - Apr 28 with 1290 viewsClausThomsen

Future manager on 11:58 - Apr 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Hughton at Brighton

Dyche at Burnley (relegated from premier league)

Nope, neither have taken their sides backwards at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Future manager on 13:48 - Apr 28 with 1283 viewsClausThomsen

Future manager on 12:04 - Apr 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Hold up..

All mick inners have tried to make excuses for Rotherham?

Even though we made changes, I thought the performance was a disgrace and my report written on the way home from Yorkshire that day said so.

So let's not pretend all mick inners have made excuses thanks

You misunderstood - The flailing has been going on since the playoffs, as have the excuses. Losing to Rotherham should be unacceptable, but no-one seems to give a sh*t anymore.
Future manager on 13:50 - Apr 28 with 1274 viewsClausThomsen

Future manager on 12:03 - Apr 28 by PJH

I know, soon you can have your ITFC that only people from Ipswich support back.
Future manager on 14:20 - Apr 28 with 1246 viewsjaykay

not saying the cowley brothers are right for ipswich,but reading the reasons why they shouldnt be here,makes me think sir alf and sir bob would have had the same things said about them.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Future manager on 14:28 - Apr 28 with 1237 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Future manager on 13:45 - Apr 28 by ClausThomsen

Nope, neither have taken their sides backwards at all.

You asked if any manager had done well before a relegation battle before then having good seasons

Hughton at Brighton

Future manager on 14:33 - Apr 28 with 1228 viewsbobwya

Future manager on 11:57 - Apr 28 by hype313

They were given a glowing reference by Clive Woodward when he went to meet them, they were doing things so forward thinking it reminded him of his time as England Manager.

He felt they had all the attributes to go onto bigger things, going from Lincoln to Ipswich isn't a huge jump.

I'm under no illusions that they will end up at a higher level because someone thought it would be a good idea to take a gamble on them, and all our fans will be moaning saying we should have got them when we had a chance.

What makes you think we even have a chance of getting the Cowley's? They have recently signed a long term contract with Lincoln añd appear to be ambitious to progress with them. I live in the city and from the noises coming from the club they are ambitious too. They are planning a move to a new ground and are aiming for the championship. If they maintain those aim then the Cowley's and the club would suit each other and then the Cowley's would then definitely be able to move on to even higher levels.
Future manager on 14:41 - Apr 28 with 1215 viewsClausThomsen

Future manager on 14:28 - Apr 28 by The_Romford_Blue

You asked if any manager had done well before a relegation battle before then having good seasons

Hughton at Brighton

Sami Hyppia did a Paul Jewell at Brighton, Hughton came in and saved them. Since then they've progressed every year.

He hasn't gone 6th, 7th then umpteenth and given another year and got into the playoffs. Which is the example I'm after.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024