Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All other clubs fans seem to like Mick 11:29 - Apr 28 with 2283 viewshype313

From Harry's notes from the Owls forum.

“Putting all silly club loyalties aside, Mick is a quality manager at this level at least. This season Ipswich’s lack of investment has finally caught up with them.”

Last sentence is the nail on head for me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:33 - Apr 28 with 1774 viewsReuser_is_God

Totally agree.

However, on the other hand, some of the absolute shoite we've served up over the past 18 months has nothing to do with lack of investment.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:34 - Apr 28 with 1770 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer but he's a dinosaur, etc etc.....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:34 - Apr 28 with 1768 viewsLankHenners

He's certainly very much respected in the game by those on the outside, and looking at his time here at a glance, we've had one bad season after 4 good ones (and even now, we're performing at the level our investment should have us performing at).

Yes, the football hasn't been good for large swathes of this season and stretching back a bit further, but Mick's still a good manager. A real shame a not insignificant amount of fans have turned Mick into a figure of hatred, but I guess on some level a lot of that is frustration reaching boiling point after 15 years and a failure by the owner to capitalise on one season when we were so close to going up.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:38 - Apr 28 with 1749 viewsReuser_is_God

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:34 - Apr 28 by LankHenners

He's certainly very much respected in the game by those on the outside, and looking at his time here at a glance, we've had one bad season after 4 good ones (and even now, we're performing at the level our investment should have us performing at).

Yes, the football hasn't been good for large swathes of this season and stretching back a bit further, but Mick's still a good manager. A real shame a not insignificant amount of fans have turned Mick into a figure of hatred, but I guess on some level a lot of that is frustration reaching boiling point after 15 years and a failure by the owner to capitalise on one season when we were so close to going up.

Was last season really that good though?

For me last season, whilst it obviously wasn't bad in comparison to this, was just a massive failure to build on the play off finish the year before.

Granted we finished 7th but we were miles off getting top 6. I know we out performed our budget but it was still a failure IMO.

Evans out

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:40 - Apr 28 with 1732 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Definitely, other teams are seriously strengthening all around us and we are more than happy to tread water and be left behind. The top teams are almost an extension of the Premier League now with the money at their disposal and that is what we are up against.

Evans needs to invest a lot more or needs to sell us, its that simple.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:45 - Apr 28 with 1682 viewsLankHenners

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:38 - Apr 28 by Reuser_is_God

For me last season, whilst it obviously wasn't bad in comparison to this, was just a massive failure to build on the play off finish the year before.

Granted we finished 7th but we were miles off getting top 6. I know we out performed our budget but it was still a failure IMO.

On the face of it, yeah I'd say so. It was 'decent' perhaps.

There are various things we didn't do/did do wrongly last season - Mick trying to move on the style of play too quickly then losing all balance from the side resulting in some turgid stuff in the 2nd half of it is a valid criticism of the manager. However, I level the blame at Evans for not thinking 'if we can get to 6th on 10k, I should put some more in to help us really consolidate a top 6 finish next year'.

5 points off in the end wasn't it? Yeah we fluffed it a while before that and the teams' performances (manager and players) from when we were up to 5th until the end of the season were far from good enough, but overall Mick can probably legitimately say it was a good achievement to get another top 10 finish.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:46 - Apr 28 with 1683 viewsIllinoisblue

Talking of investment how much in wages are Wednesday paying on their strikers alone? Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes and Foriesteri... that's probably 70 - 80k a week just on them. Who funds Wednesday?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:47 - Apr 28 with 1667 viewsReuser_is_God

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:46 - Apr 28 by Illinoisblue

Talking of investment how much in wages are Wednesday paying on their strikers alone? Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes and Foriesteri... that's probably 70 - 80k a week just on them. Who funds Wednesday?

& Sam Winnall who will be around 10k.

Some Azerbaijan bloke I think.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:47 - Apr 28 with 1672 viewsITFC_Forever

They don't have to watch the dross he serves up 9 times out of 10.

Yes, a lack of investment hasn't helped, but the crap negative performances over the last 18 months haven't been due to that.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:47 - Apr 28 with 1664 viewsBluebell

I thought Rhodes was only on loan.
All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:48 - Apr 28 with 1667 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick made note of this when we played them at their place, which if memory recalls was pre-Rhodes, so even more than before.

It was around 70k a week before the one who shouldn't be named but I did already signed for them.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:49 - Apr 28 with 1655 viewsReuser_is_God

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:45 - Apr 28 by LankHenners

On the face of it, yeah I'd say so. It was 'decent' perhaps.

There are various things we didn't do/did do wrongly last season - Mick trying to move on the style of play too quickly then losing all balance from the side resulting in some turgid stuff in the 2nd half of it is a valid criticism of the manager. However, I level the blame at Evans for not thinking 'if we can get to 6th on 10k, I should put some more in to help us really consolidate a top 6 finish next year'.

5 points off in the end wasn't it? Yeah we fluffed it a while before that and the teams' performances (manager and players) from when we were up to 5th until the end of the season were far from good enough, but overall Mick can probably legitimately say it was a good achievement to get another top 10 finish.

Oh it was a good achievement given the budget but it's the failure to build on 14/15 which was the disappointing thing.

As you touch on, the main reason for that is Evans but MM made plenty of mistakes too, mainly not being able to find the right balance. Again, as you've mentioned.

Evans out

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:53 - Apr 28 with 1626 viewsKieran_Knows

Apparently Carlos Carvahal will be sacked if Sheffield Wednesday don't make the Premier League via the play-offs this season .... that is according to tw@tter anyway.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 11:54]

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:59 - Apr 28 with 1587 viewsPJH

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:47 - Apr 28 by Bluebell

I thought they had bought him but seemingly it is a loan at the moment to become permanent at the end of the season.
Either way he may well still be in the Championship next season whether he is a Sheff W player or a Middlesbro player.
All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:01 - Apr 28 with 1566 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rumour has it that Fletcher and hooper are on 35k each

No idea about forestieri but he's probably around that amount too

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:02 - Apr 28 with 1550 viewsKieran_Knows

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:01 - Apr 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Rumour has it that Fletcher and hooper are on 35k each

No idea about forestieri but he's probably around that amount too

Forestieri signed a new contract after he was subject of a bid from Derby (a move which he was interested in) so would imagine he got a big old pay rise to turn his head and make him stay at Shef Wed.

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:03 - Apr 28 with 1542 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I think for me, if Evans is not going to spend hardly anything this summer then maybe we are better off sticking with Mick as I would trust him to keep us in the Championship next season. It might not be pretty, but if we do not spend then I can only see a relegation battle ensuing and I think Mick is probably the man for that.

However, if Evans does not back Mick though then he is opening himself up to all the fans abuse that will be coming his way next season IMO and it will be totally justified.

I assume it will reach a point where Evans stops going to games and becomes less and less interested in the club-could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on if he hangs on to us or whether he sells up.

Just feels like we are on the brink of something right now, whether its Evans letting Mick go to buy himself more time, whether its Evans showing his hand this summer that he has lost interest or whether it might be the club being sold to someone that is willing to invest.

Something will give this summer I am sure of it, what it will be though is anyone's guess!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:03 - Apr 28 with 1538 viewsartsbossbeard

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:02 - Apr 28 by Kieran_Knows

Forestieri signed a new contract after he was subject of a bid from Derby (a move which he was interested in) so would imagine he got a big old pay rise to turn his head and make him stay at Shef Wed.

Didn't he go on strike to try and force the move through?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:05 - Apr 28 with 1524 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:47 - Apr 28 by Bluebell

Rhodes is only on loan from Middlesbrough, Sheff Wed have an obligation to buy him in the summer though for about £9 million though according to my work mate who is a boro fan.

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:05 - Apr 28 with 1518 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:03 - Apr 28 by artsbossbeard

That's the one

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:07 - Apr 28 with 1503 viewsKieran_Knows

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 12:03 - Apr 28 by artsbossbeard

I think so. I would presume Shef Wed put together a bigger deal to get him to stay though? Otherwise he'd have just stayed on strike....

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 13:29 - Apr 28 with 1365 viewstractorboy1978

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:38 - Apr 28 by Reuser_is_God

Last season was relatively dross and the warm up for the absolute dross this season. Us finishing 7th throws the whole division into question in all honesty. Bar some wizardry from Fraser I've forgotten most of it already.

I just want to enjoy watching my team again which at the moment quite frankly I do not. Mick has become synonymous with that for me with the terrible style of football and the constant snipes at those paying to watch us. I just don't like him.
All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 13:31 - Apr 28 with 1355 viewsHarryWright

Put him in charge of these clubs, allow him to play his one dimensional boring football and then see if they like him after that.
All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 13:33 - Apr 28 with 1347 viewsNo9

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 11:34 - Apr 28 by LankHenners

4 good ones?

You really think MM has been turned into a figure of hatred ??
All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 13:41 - Apr 28 with 1323 viewstractorboy1978

All other clubs fans seem to like Mick on 13:33 - Apr 28 by No9

4 good ones?

You really think MM has been turned into a figure of hatred ??

Perhaps not hatred but I've grown to dislike him as much for his demeanour off the pitch as the football on show. My opinion of course but I know shared by several others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024