Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 12:22 - Apr 28 with 1187 viewsSteve_M

That's some going, although he has been at clubs that have generally been a mess.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/players-neil-warnock-p

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 1166 viewsKieran_Knows

On 50k a week in the Championship. Madness.*

*appreciate players at Newcastle and Villa will be on more, but for someone who has never played in the Premier League, that really is quite ridiculous (or not in this day and age I suppose)!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:31 - Apr 28 with 1146 viewsBluebell

Leon Best in that list.
Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:33 - Apr 28 with 1137 viewsKieran_Knows

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:31 - Apr 28 by Bluebell

Leon Best in that list.

I suspect that is where he'll end up to be honest. Shame he can't be used in part of a swap deal for Huws!

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:38 - Apr 28 with 1119 viewsSteve_M

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:31 - Apr 28 by Bluebell

Leon Best in that list.

Yes, I pointed out to Scott on Twitter a while back that the player Warnock wanted to sign from us in January could only have been Best. He wasn't delighted at the prospect.

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:39 - Apr 28 with 1108 viewsSteve_M

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:27 - Apr 28 by Kieran_Knows

On 50k a week in the Championship. Madness.*

*appreciate players at Newcastle and Villa will be on more, but for someone who has never played in the Premier League, that really is quite ridiculous (or not in this day and age I suppose)!

I was talking to some Fulham fans about him the other week; they said that as talented as he was he was hard to fit into a successful team. They did claim he's never finished in the top half of this division which I think may be stretching the point too far (not that I've been bothered to look it up).

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:42 - Apr 28 with 1098 viewsPhilTWTD

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:38 - Apr 28 by Steve_M

Yes, I pointed out to Scott on Twitter a while back that the player Warnock wanted to sign from us in January could only have been Best. He wasn't delighted at the prospect.

Wasn't Best, despite him being the obvious potential target, it was Dean Gerken.
Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:43 - Apr 28 with 1091 viewsPhilTWTD

Pretty much the same would have been the case if he'd stayed at Leeds.
Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:44 - Apr 28 with 1088 viewsTIB

Prefers jumping ships than fences it would seem
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 12:44]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:45 - Apr 28 with 1082 viewsKieran_Knows

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:42 - Apr 28 by PhilTWTD

Wasn't Best, despite him being the obvious potential target, it was Dean Gerken.

So that's where the Cardiff/Gerken link came from then? Can understand why we didn't let Gerken leave, considering it was the last day of the window and probably no time to get a replacement in.

Do you reckon Warnock will come in for him again this summer? I know we've taken up the option in his deal, but wonder if that is to offer him as part of a deal for Huws?

EDIT - thinking about it, didn't Warnock say the player he wanted was injured at the time? Looking through all the fixtures of January, Gerken was in every squad.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 12:49]

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:49 - Apr 28 with 1057 viewsPhilTWTD

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:45 - Apr 28 by Kieran_Knows

So that's where the Cardiff/Gerken link came from then? Can understand why we didn't let Gerken leave, considering it was the last day of the window and probably no time to get a replacement in.

Do you reckon Warnock will come in for him again this summer? I know we've taken up the option in his deal, but wonder if that is to offer him as part of a deal for Huws?

EDIT - thinking about it, didn't Warnock say the player he wanted was injured at the time? Looking through all the fixtures of January, Gerken was in every squad.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 12:49]

Mick mentioned the Cardiff interest in Gerken at a press conference, I assume not realising it hadn't been picked up by the media. It seems the swap deal proposed by Cardiff involved Gerks but Town didn't want him to go and - I assume - the interest was the reason his option was taken up earlier than tends to be the case and then talks on a longer deal begun.

It would surprise me if it was something that was revisited but you never know. Cardiff are still in need of a permanent keeper.
Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:56 - Apr 28 with 1022 viewsTIB

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:49 - Apr 28 by PhilTWTD

Mick mentioned the Cardiff interest in Gerken at a press conference, I assume not realising it hadn't been picked up by the media. It seems the swap deal proposed by Cardiff involved Gerks but Town didn't want him to go and - I assume - the interest was the reason his option was taken up earlier than tends to be the case and then talks on a longer deal begun.

It would surprise me if it was something that was revisited but you never know. Cardiff are still in need of a permanent keeper.

I'm trying to imagine the meltdown if Gerken and Bartz both go this summer

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:57 - Apr 28 with 1012 viewsPJH

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:56 - Apr 28 by TIB

I'm trying to imagine the meltdown if Gerken and Bartz both go this summer

That would be something to Crowe about.
Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 13:33 - Apr 28 with 969 viewsSWGF

Ross McCormack has played for 12 different managers since 2012 on 12:42 - Apr 28 by PhilTWTD

Gerken could've been the next Paddy Kenny, following Warnock around the country in a charabanc.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024