Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill 14:41 - Apr 28 with 3844 viewsgiant_stow

It seems to be getting bigger - an extra 2.5b to cover the turkey immigration deal now.

What I've never seen is a breakdown of the rights and wrongs of this - anyone got any clue?

Despite being a remainer, my immediate extinct is that we're being blackmailed: pay up (just to enable further chat) or fck off to the wilderness. We'll thanks a bundle fritze and fck you too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 12:11 - Apr 29 with 1064 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EU will be giving us the full naughty step treatment so as to deter the other populations around Europe that are wavering over membership. May is probably hoping that 3 years after the inevitable mess over the next 2 years the Tories might have half a chance at another shot at governing.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 13:09 - Apr 29 with 1048 viewsmeekreech

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 11:57 - Apr 29 by feelingblue

No, they are not

Feelingblue

In answer to you , if you care to look at what Donald Tusk said yesterday .

" Donald Tusk , european council president , has told member states that the question of Irelands border with Northern Ireland must be settled before trade talks begin ."
This is following on from his row with the position of Gibraltar .

The meeting of the 27 leaders is reported to be going to include a statement on Irish reunification at the request of the Irish Taoiseach Enda Kenny .

The position of the U.K. is no chance .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 13:12 - Apr 29 with 1045 viewsGeoffSentence

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 13:09 - Apr 29 by meekreech

Feelingblue

" Donald Tusk , european council president , has told member states that the question of Irelands border with Northern Ireland must be settled before trade talks begin ."

The meeting of the 27 leaders is reported to be going to include a statement on Irish reunification at the request of the Irish Taoiseach Enda Kenny .

They don't want a hard border that's all. This idea that you have somehow got into your head that they are inisting on a united Ireland is utter tosh.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 13:15 - Apr 29 with 1037 viewsvapour_trail

Feelingblue

Now I'm not really a betting man, but im willing to take a punt that will absolutely not be the case.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 13:26 - Apr 29 with 1027 viewsfeelingblue

Feelingblue

The question of the Irish border is plainly not the same as uniting Ireland.

We all need an answer to how it will work. Irish citizens have always had free access to the UK, and even get a vote, if they live here, from before we both joined the EU.

After Brexit, are we going to stop citizens of the Republic from being able to cross the border into Northern Ireland, and vice versa? Are we going to introduce passport controls and include Irish people in the legendary and stupid '10s of 1000s' of immigrants into the UK. If we leave the border as it is, how we will stop other EU citizens from going to Ireland and then simply crossing into the UK? Are we going to leave the border as it is and then require people from Northern Ireland, British citizens, to produce a passport so that they can visit somewhere else in the UK.

It needs sorting out, and there is nothing wrong with establishing how it will work. Similar questions will have to answered for Gibraltar, where a large part of the workforce crosses from Spain every day.
The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 13:29 - Apr 29 with 1023 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 10:51 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

Ahh back on the health insurance thing.

I spent 7 hours at Ipswich hospital over Thursday night/Friday morning with my dad who was having chest pains after a recent heart attack (he's fine). The NHS is amazing. The staff are amazing. I would rather a large tax increase than have people like you gleefully see us changed to an insurance based system. I bet half of the people up there wouldn't have been there under an insurance based system.

If you gave the people a direct choice between trident + health insurance or no trident and the NHS being fully funded they wouldn't hesitate to turn their backs on trident. Keep your health insurance fantasy, it's not happening.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 11:42]

Sorry to hear about your dad. I doubt you would like to see an increase in tax to pay for the NHS really though. How would it sit with you if the min allowance was removed so everyone paid tax from the first pound earned for example? Also, are you really 100% certain we don't need a nuclear deterrent? Would you be happy for the US to also unilaterally disarm, or are you planning on hiding behind their frocks all you life?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 13:30]
The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 16:15 - Apr 29 with 973 viewsJ2BLUE

The Europeans and their brexit leaving bill on 13:29 - Apr 29 by FrowsyArmLarry

Sorry to hear about your dad. I doubt you would like to see an increase in tax to pay for the NHS really though. How would it sit with you if the min allowance was removed so everyone paid tax from the first pound earned for example? Also, are you really 100% certain we don't need a nuclear deterrent? Would you be happy for the US to also unilaterally disarm, or are you planning on hiding behind their frocks all you life?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 13:30]

That would be a massive tax increase. You take tax increase and deliberately make it a huge one. We should first be looking at sensible cost cutting measures across the board. The older generations are going to be the biggest burden on the future of the NHS so the first thing we should do is means test bus passes and winter fuel payments. A tax increase should absolutely form part of further NHS funding. You suggest I don't really mean it yet research shows most people would happily accept a 1% tax increase as long as the money goes to the NHS. That wouldn't be enough to solve the issue but it would certainly help along with other sensible measures. I would absolutely support a tax increase of 1-2.5% and possibly even more if it was truly needed with other options explored first.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024