Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 bands 20:24 - Apr 28 with 6690 viewsFtnfwest

Has everyone been lucky enough to see their top 3 live?
Top 3 bands on 00:14 - Apr 29 with 1545 viewsAdmiralFunge

Top 3 bands on 00:09 - Apr 29 by Melford

Saw them last in scumland in November, they were superb. All 5 of them harmonizing at some points, just lovely. Just a consistently brilliant band, going for 25+ years, never released a duff album, never jumped on a musical bandwagon(esque) and changed their sound, never split up and reformed, no egos or rock star bitchiness. 3 brilliant songwriters who divide their albums (and Gigs) up democratically so all of their tunesmiths get equal songs.

Plus, I can play most of it. When I got to uni in 97 and got on the internet I found this
http://zenandjuice.com/music/teenage_fanclub/chords/
Pre-internet if you wanted guitar chords you had to buy the sheet music book which cost about the same as the CD to buy and only biggish albums had music books released with them. I was able to go up to the Uni Computer room and print off the chords to any song I wanted of theirs and take it back and learn it. I taught myself guitar through playing Teenage Fanclub stuff it would be fair to say. If I was in the audience and Norman broke a finger, I could come onstage and save the day.

Ere, Mellers, Hooky is playing out some gig in Naarwich in December.

Get involved!

EDIT - this has precisely no relevance to your OP.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 0:16]

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Top 3 bands on 00:24 - Apr 29 with 1533 viewsvapour_trail

Top 3 bands on 00:09 - Apr 29 by Melford

Saw them last in scumland in November, they were superb. All 5 of them harmonizing at some points, just lovely. Just a consistently brilliant band, going for 25+ years, never released a duff album, never jumped on a musical bandwagon(esque) and changed their sound, never split up and reformed, no egos or rock star bitchiness. 3 brilliant songwriters who divide their albums (and Gigs) up democratically so all of their tunesmiths get equal songs.

Plus, I can play most of it. When I got to uni in 97 and got on the internet I found this
http://zenandjuice.com/music/teenage_fanclub/chords/
Pre-internet if you wanted guitar chords you had to buy the sheet music book which cost about the same as the CD to buy and only biggish albums had music books released with them. I was able to go up to the Uni Computer room and print off the chords to any song I wanted of theirs and take it back and learn it. I taught myself guitar through playing Teenage Fanclub stuff it would be fair to say. If I was in the audience and Norman broke a finger, I could come onstage and save the day.

One day melfers, one day.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Top 3 bands on 00:35 - Apr 29 with 1522 viewsKBsSocks

Warpaint.
Dub Sex (again tomorrow - no, today :-D)
The Rural Alberta Advantage.

Still not seen The Fall live yet.
Saw Jethro Tull playing Living In The Past for the first time ever live ...

Edit: stickymockwell's poster sounds an excellent fes
Not seen FZ's "Hot Rats" live, nor am likely to.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 0:36]

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

Top 3 bands on 00:54 - Apr 29 with 1503 viewsMelford

Top 3 bands on 00:14 - Apr 29 by AdmiralFunge

Ere, Mellers, Hooky is playing out some gig in Naarwich in December.

Get involved!

EDIT - this has precisely no relevance to your OP.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 0:16]

Jesus And Mary Chain are playing up there as well in the autumn. It was weird when I saw TFC up there as it was the first time I'd been in Narwich for anything other than football. I was totally lost, I'd never been through the front doors of the station because every time I've been up there we've been herded out of a side door. When I was up there I stayed the night so I had a walk about and I have to say it's a bloody nice place. The Cathedral is amazing, the stained glass windows I could have spent a day just looking at, but the place was full of school trip kids and tours so I couldn't really take it in. Lots and lots of churches which is good, I like a church. I am in no way religious but I do like visiting churches, I dig this page
http://www.suffolkchurches.co.uk/

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Top 3 bands on 02:32 - Apr 29 with 1482 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Doesn't really fall into a band category by favourite ever recording artist is Mike Skinner (The Streets), and saw him 5 times as The Streets, and many times doing a DJ set.

I couldn't pick my next two. For me there is The Streets, and the rest of music.

Poll: Best Football Song

Top 3 bands on 09:03 - Apr 29 with 1438 viewsmat501

My 3 are
The Jam
Stone Roses
Radiohead

Only seen the Roses out of those 3, got tickets for Wembley in June
Top 3 bands on 09:12 - Apr 29 with 1427 viewsGlasgowBlue

Top 3 bands on 21:30 - Apr 28 by Lord_Lucan

I've seen Bowie a couple of times and although I am a massive fan I was disappointed. I saw him at MK and our driver (my mate Dave) got lost and had my car keys. We ended up with a car with no keys, next to us was a load of lads that had keys but no car as it had been nicked. We finally got the RAC to bust the ignition lock in the car so we could start it with a screwdriver. Trouble was we were all on acid. My mate Gary tried to drive home but had to stop at the first services as nothing was making any sense. We had a row and made Gary drive home. Dave (the man with my keys) got home two days later.

I was at that gig. And Insaw him on The Serious Moonlight Tour in 83 at the Hammersmith Odean.

The serious Monnlight gig was the better I thought.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Top 3 bands on 10:36 - Apr 29 with 1389 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 bands on 21:23 - Apr 28 by stickymockwell

The best weekend of.my life

This was my best day.

http://www.songkick.com/festivals/910-knebworth/id/2294661-knebworth-festival-19

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 bands on 10:44 - Apr 29 with 1381 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Queen (Wembley and Knebworth 86)
AC/DC (Numerous times)
KISS (Numerous times)

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024