Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told 05:03 - Apr 29 with 3844 viewsSuperfrans

... by the Brexit fans. Never? Are you sure?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/28/emmanuel-macron-ill-renegotiate-le

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 05:55 - Apr 29 with 3787 viewsflashblue

Yes. Absolutely sure.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 06:33 - Apr 29 with 3758 viewsNo9

Of course if our Brexiteers were honest & competent they would not need the French to control our borders would they now?
No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 06:51 - Apr 29 with 3747 viewsKeaneish

Yes. We're sure.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 08:10 - Apr 29 with 3668 viewsfactual_blue

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 05:55 - Apr 29 by flashblue

Yes. Absolutely sure.

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that'

Charles Darwin.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 08:28 - Apr 29 with 3634 viewsGeoffSentence

The Le Touquet agreement is an agreement between the UK and France, nothing to do with the EU. There is no suggestion that Macron's proposed renegotiation has anything to do with brexit and he might well have tried to renegotiate it even if we were stying in the EU.

I am not a brexiteer by the way, but it doesn't help to muddy the waters with this sort of stuff.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 08:56 - Apr 29 with 3586 viewsJoeSoap

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 05:55 - Apr 29 by flashblue

Yes. Absolutely sure.

Well thank heaven for that, we'll all rest easy with your history of definite info.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:17 - Apr 29 with 3536 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yes. But nice of Mr Macron to give May a helping hand for the election.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:22 - Apr 29 with 3513 viewsGlasgowBlue

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 08:28 - Apr 29 by GeoffSentence

The Le Touquet agreement is an agreement between the UK and France, nothing to do with the EU. There is no suggestion that Macron's proposed renegotiation has anything to do with brexit and he might well have tried to renegotiate it even if we were stying in the EU.

I am not a brexiteer by the way, but it doesn't help to muddy the waters with this sort of stuff.

The op is aware of this information. We had the same discussion in a thread last August.

He's just trolling.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:23 - Apr 29 with 3515 viewsMullet

This "strong and stable" b0llocks is becoming like the political equivalent of Paul Jewell's "playoff form".

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:26 - Apr 29 with 3503 viewsCoastalblue

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:23 - Apr 29 by Mullet

This "strong and stable" b0llocks is becoming like the political equivalent of Paul Jewell's "playoff form".

Do you think Corbyn would do a bit better if he built up his forearms?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:28 - Apr 29 with 3492 viewsMullet

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:26 - Apr 29 by Coastalblue

Do you think Corbyn would do a bit better if he built up his forearms?

I dunno. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him put his shadow cabinet through a bootcamp a week before the election and knacker them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:32 - Apr 29 with 3456 viewsGlasgowBlue

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:23 - Apr 29 by Mullet

This morning I had a strong and stable breakfast of weetabix. None of that coalition of chaos Muesli nonsense.

I'm now about to embark on a strong and stable 10k before doing some gardening in a strong and stable fashion.

I shall then make a strong and stable leadership decision to take the kids to see the Gaurdians of the Galaxy II followed by a strong and stable beer which I shall drink whilst watch AJ put up a strong and stable defence of his Heavyweight title.

Iron Lion Zion

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:45 - Apr 29 with 3424 viewsPinewoodblue

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 06:33 - Apr 29 by No9

Of course if our Brexiteers were honest & competent they would not need the French to control our borders would they now?

The French do not control our borders, the agreement allows us to place border controls on French soil. Tear up the agreement and we have no borders with France. The only UK border is with the Republic of Ireland.

We currently have an arrangement with France similar to that which exists between Ireland & USA where you clear Us immigration and customs this side of the Atlantic making a flight from Dublin to New York a domestic flight.

Similar arrangement exists for business class flights between London City airport & JFK. The aircraft lands at Shannon to clear US immigration.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 10:03 - Apr 29 with 3386 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 09:45 - Apr 29 by Pinewoodblue

The French do not control our borders, the agreement allows us to place border controls on French soil. Tear up the agreement and we have no borders with France. The only UK border is with the Republic of Ireland.

We currently have an arrangement with France similar to that which exists between Ireland & USA where you clear Us immigration and customs this side of the Atlantic making a flight from Dublin to New York a domestic flight.

Similar arrangement exists for business class flights between London City airport & JFK. The aircraft lands at Shannon to clear US immigration.

Exactly. Tearing up that agreement would be very cynical. Also construction started four years before the Maastricht treaty so I would be surprised if the agreement didn't pre-date the EU.
Le Pen looks like the best choice now, unfortunately she won't win
No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 10:06 - Apr 29 with 3375 viewsSuperfrans

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 08:28 - Apr 29 by GeoffSentence

You think his desire to renegotiate has nothing to do with the EU? Really?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 10:28 - Apr 29 with 3321 viewsElderGrizzly

We could get them, but this is likely to just be Macron pandering to his immigrant fearing supporters & those undecideds from the RW Fillon last week.

However it matters not if they are here or France, they deserve help
No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 10:53 - Apr 29 with 3283 viewsfactual_blue

I refer readers to the Treaty of Utrecht

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 11:04 - Apr 29 with 3256 viewsGlasgowBlue

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 10:28 - Apr 29 by ElderGrizzly

We could get them, but this is likely to just be Macron pandering to his immigrant fearing supporters & those undecideds from the RW Fillon last week.

However it matters not if they are here or France, they deserve help

Firstly, should France successfully transfer the border from Calais to Dover then it would be in breach of the Dublin Regulation, which requires migrants to claim asylum in the first country they enter.

France would have to process the applicants in their own country.

Secondly, the Le Touquet agreement works well for the French as well as the British government. Allowing migrants seeking asylum in the UK to begin the process in France would see thousands more immigrants descend on Calais to seek entry to Britain

Iron Lion Zion

No chance of migrant camps in Kent, we were told on 11:36 - Apr 29 with 3212 viewsbrazil1982

Nothing to do with the EU.
Why would there be camps here? There are "camps" in France because economic migrants are determined to get to the UK (well, London). Once here they will either disappear or be detained and processed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024