Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orlando advice 08:32 - Apr 29 with 2068 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Will be visiting in Fall with wife and 9 year old daughter.

Plan is Halloween in magic kingdom and then probably 2 other parks, was thinking about Seaworld and a water park.

Any recommendations or so would be appreciated!
Orlando advice on 08:47 - Apr 29 with 2037 viewsVaughan8

Been to Orlando in the last few years. Once in International Drive and once at Disney. These are only my opinions.

I have to say, the best place to go is Discovery Cove (look it up), It isn't a park but it is a very enjoyable day!

I love Busch Gardens as well, but this is in Tampa and you have to get a coach from Int Drive or Seaworld. Its about an hour each way.

Waterparkwise, I went to Aquatica which was pretty good, though bring your own towels!
I personally enjoyed the disney waterparks the best, but I'm not sure what your plan is and how much hassle it is to get there etc.
Orlando advice on 08:55 - Apr 29 with 2021 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Orlando advice on 08:47 - Apr 29 by Vaughan8

Been to Orlando in the last few years. Once in International Drive and once at Disney. These are only my opinions.

I have to say, the best place to go is Discovery Cove (look it up), It isn't a park but it is a very enjoyable day!

I love Busch Gardens as well, but this is in Tampa and you have to get a coach from Int Drive or Seaworld. Its about an hour each way.

Waterparkwise, I went to Aquatica which was pretty good, though bring your own towels!
I personally enjoyed the disney waterparks the best, but I'm not sure what your plan is and how much hassle it is to get there etc.

Thanks

We will first be a week at Indian shores so close to Tampa and then 4-5 days in Orlando, relatively close to parks, at a hotel that has a shuttle to and from parks

I was reading that some of the restaurants you need to book months in advance
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 9:02]
Orlando advice on 08:56 - Apr 29 with 2020 viewsartsbossbeard

I wasn't going to reply after your use of "Fall" rather than the traditional English option.

Are you hiring a car? If so, this opens up some decent beach options too.

Not sure if you've seen, however, Seaworld is seeing quite the backlash for its treatment of Orcas, attendances are down and I know that groups protest from time to time. Might upset your daughter if she sees this??

Swap Seaworld for Universal studios and you'll be fine. Plenty at islands of adventure for a 9yr old and parents.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Orlando advice on 09:00 - Apr 29 with 2016 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Orlando advice on 08:56 - Apr 29 by artsbossbeard

I wasn't going to reply after your use of "Fall" rather than the traditional English option.

Not sure if you've seen, however, Seaworld is seeing quite the backlash for its treatment of Orcas, attendances are down and I know that groups protest from time to time. Might upset your daughter if she sees this??

Swap Seaworld for Universal studios and you'll be fine. Plenty at islands of adventure for a 9yr old and parents.

Sorry I should have put it inverted commas, it was meant with sarcasm, I work with a number of Americans and it irks me too. Particularly irksome, as we produce paint, is that they cannot spell colour correctly!
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 9:01]
Orlando advice on 10:24 - Apr 29 with 1928 viewsIpswich1984

We went to SeaWorld and loved it, didn't see anything in way of protests, few decent rollercoasters, we did watch the Orca show and it was amazing, but it's not a bad thing that they will be getting rid of them.

Would definitely recommend Universal, not sure how old your daughter is but if she likes Harry Potter she would love it.

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

Orlando advice on 10:29 - Apr 29 with 1923 viewsBluefish

What sort of recommendations do you want?? I am a huge Disney fan

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Orlando advice on 11:53 - Apr 29 with 1869 viewsBlueastheycome

An air boat ride over the Everglades to see the alligators is a must.
Orlando advice on 12:30 - Apr 29 with 1826 viewsIllinoisblue

Whatever you do, don't bother with Epcot.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Orlando advice on 12:41 - Apr 29 with 1807 viewsBluefish

Orlando advice on 12:30 - Apr 29 by Illinoisblue

Whatever you do, don't bother with Epcot.

We didn't intend to bother with EPCOT last year but ended up going more than once. It was brilliant

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Orlando advice on 13:19 - Apr 29 with 1775 viewsIllinoisblue

Orlando advice on 12:41 - Apr 29 by Bluefish

We didn't intend to bother with EPCOT last year but ended up going more than once. It was brilliant

My kids enjoyed the "travel through time" ride that's in the golf ball Epcot building but the rest of it was meh. Although is the Soarin ride there? That was good. It was our 4th park in 4 days so I was a little disneyed out by then.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Orlando advice on 13:21 - Apr 29 with 1769 viewsBackToRussia

Fall is traditionally English, that's why English colonists used it in America.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Orlando advice on 16:03 - Apr 29 with 1703 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/america/theme-parks/2017/01/13/

This is Universal studios new just Opened water park. It is getting rave reviews. I'm sure you can reduce entry fees for tickets combining Universal Studio's and Volcano Bay. As your going to be there around Halloween, the Halloween night to head to is in Universal Studios.
I also Agree with someones recommendation of Busch Gardens.
Indian Shores is a quaint little nothing town. I have lived on Madeira Beach which is beside it. Just north of you (5 to 7 miles) is Clearwater Beach which is more geared up for the teenagers/20 yo's, south of Indian Shores is St Petes beach. Has a lot more to do with the family. That about 6 to 8 miles.
I personally like to go even further south to Sarasota . That is more relaxing on the beach, but is very pretty and not as commercialized, but there is still plenty to do. That about 45 miles from Indian Shores. There are lots a very good restaurants . If you want to try something different, there an Ameish buffet I love going to called Der Dutchmen
http://www.dhgroup.com/restaurants/der-dutchman-sarasota-fl it not open on a Sunday.
I'm currently living between Orlando and Daytona, and my opinion is the Tampa coast line is way better clearer water than this side of Florida. The water in fall will still be 75 to 80f. Have fun.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 16:50]
Orlando advice on 16:41 - Apr 29 with 1659 viewsKentish_Tractor

If you and/or your wife have any interest in science and/or space, then the Kennedy Space Centre is an excellent choice. Might inspire a young astronaut of the future for the little-un!

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024