Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues 10:31 - Apr 29 with 4451 viewstextbackup

Saying goodbye to season tickets, many faces to not be weekly regulars in the north stand, loud voices, characters, singers.
Completely respect everyone of them for their desisions and I truly hope them not renewing will force MEs hand to wake the fck up and stop dragging us down. These are the proper fans, not the tits in the corporate areas, unfortunately I think ME would rather lose 10 proper fans over 1 bum on a comfortable seat.

I hope the 10k crowds make MM realise he isn't this god like figure he believes he is.

I hope they all return and I hope this club becomes something to be proud of again.

Until then my friends COYB

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 10:38 - Apr 29 with 3839 viewsyesjohn99

Not going fcuk em!
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 10:39 - Apr 29 with 3842 viewsbrogansnose

Yeah, gotta say I'm feeling a bit choked up right now in all honesty.

Aways it is then.

COYB
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 10:39 - Apr 29 with 3834 viewsFtnfwest

To put it in perspective not renewing doesn't mean people won't be going at all, just not committing to the financial layout all in one go, although I appreciate some are intending not to go at all until there are significant changes for the better.
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 10:45 - Apr 29 with 3814 viewsSarge

I thought I'd already been to my last game vs Wigan. Knew I wasn't going to Newcastle but wasn't even aware of this game until Tuesday!
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 10:53 - Apr 29 with 3768 viewsLord_Lucan

Reflecting on the situation it's a right balls up isn't it.

I think the ST sales will be lower that what people think.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 10:58 - Apr 29 with 3747 viewsjaykay

i think many of the regulars ,loud voices,singers etc left buying season tickets years ago.
what you saw agaist newcastle ,crowd size and noise was a every other saturday event in t.w.t.d.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:04 - Apr 29 with 3727 viewsWeWereZombies

It's not Mick, it's Marcus that is the problem

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:25 - Apr 29 with 3658 viewsLimitlessBlue

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:04 - Apr 29 by WeWereZombies

Mick has hardly served up entertainment for the past 18 months to draw the crowds in.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Login to get fewer ads

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:32 - Apr 29 with 3622 viewsbluebare

TBH I couldn't be bothered today a meaningless game finished night shift at 04.30 and drive up from Devon costs of time and money better spent here. I'll be back next season hoping it will be our season and lessons learnt from this season. COYB
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:36 - Apr 29 with 3617 viewsitfcjoe

I'm stopped at services rushing back from North Yorkshire for it, accept people have their reasons but just couldn't not renew - even when it's rubbish I still enjoy the day!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:37 - Apr 29 with 3605 viewstextbackup

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:04 - Apr 29 by WeWereZombies

Not going over this again.

But in short

ME funds the manager pathetically and has no ambition for this club

MM constantly plays players out of position and boring sht football.

Both to blame

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:15 - Apr 29 with 3476 viewsyesjohn99

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:37 - Apr 29 by textbackup

But in short

Both to blame

Both these statements are factually correct.
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:25 - Apr 29 with 3421 viewsstantheman

Well it all depends how you define 'true and loyal'.
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:38 - Apr 29 with 3368 viewsfactual_blue

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:25 - Apr 29 by stantheman

Well in the 1968 film 'Charge Of The Light Brigade', a trooper (played by Norman Rossington) trudges back, horseless, from the disastrous charge. His question to Lord Cardigan 'go again, sir?' could perhaps be seen as 'true and loyal'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:53 - Apr 29 with 3311 viewstextbackup

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:25 - Apr 29 by stantheman

Can't knock anyone for having enough

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:55 - Apr 29 with 3307 viewsstantheman

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:38 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

Well in the 1968 film 'Charge Of The Light Brigade', a trooper (played by Norman Rossington) trudges back, horseless, from the disastrous charge. His question to Lord Cardigan 'go again, sir?' could perhaps be seen as 'true and loyal'.

Well yes, both cases of being true loyal I suppose. Just that not supporting your team you have followed for years seems a bit flaky. There have been many periods in our history when we have been a bit sh1t and many keep the faith that the next game or season will be better. Maybe the difference between supporters and customers which some have been a bit vocal beingcalled.
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 14:05 - Apr 29 with 3166 viewsRyorry

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:55 - Apr 29 by stantheman

Well yes, both cases of being true loyal I suppose. Just that not supporting your team you have followed for years seems a bit flaky. There have been many periods in our history when we have been a bit sh1t and many keep the faith that the next game or season will be better. Maybe the difference between supporters and customers which some have been a bit vocal beingcalled.

That's rubbish - just read WeWereZombies thread about how sh1t he was treated by the so called 'ticket office' when he tried to buy a ticket for today's game. I'll vouch that most who haven't renewed for next season used to renew no matter what our league position or how poor we were playing, but that what has changed is the cr@p manner in which we fans are treated - taken for granted, not valued, terrible "customer service". It feels like ME has been taking the p*ss in seeing how far he can go in not giving fans the basics like a well-cared for ground, decent food/drink, reasonable prices & cs etc, before we call him out and say "enough is enough".

ITFC now is simply nothing like the great "family friendly" club that it used to be, and which apart from the great Bobby Robson sides that made the football a joy to watch, was so successful in reaching out and having a good relationship with the community, including myself who'd never been interested in football before, and became a fan of ITFC because of it back in the '70s. If I were a student in my early 20s at college in Ipswich now as I was back then, I certainly wouldn't become involved with the club, not because of the generally poor quality of the football - that can change - but because I wouldn't feel valued.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 14:32 - Apr 29 with 3057 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 12:55 - Apr 29 by stantheman

That may be true but we are both rubbish and being ripped off at the same time. I can accept being rubbish - but the owner raising the prices has pushed me over the edge I'm afraid. That doesn't make me any less of a supporter, but the only protests that the owner will understand are those that hit his pocket.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 16:46 - Apr 29 with 2909 viewsRyorry

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 14:32 - Apr 29 by southnorfolkblue

That may be true but we are both rubbish and being ripped off at the same time. I can accept being rubbish - but the owner raising the prices has pushed me over the edge I'm afraid. That doesn't make me any less of a supporter, but the only protests that the owner will understand are those that hit his pocket.

As I said, there's no reciprocity or feeling of being part of a club any more - ITFC simply feels like a business, & part of ME's "empire" - which is obviously all it is as far as he's concerned. As someone else said earlier, Sheepy, for all his faults, at least was one of us and cared.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 17:01 - Apr 29 with 2818 viewsbraveblue

Cancelled ST after 26 years. Got a pathetic letter from the idiotic MD. Typical. Wont be back until McCarthy goes and ME sorts himself out. Would happily return to see some entertaining football but the stuff we are watching now is the worst in the time I have been there. And McCarthy is so arrogant I cant stand the bloke!!

Sad days. I know many like me who did not renew with a heavy heart. Cant see ST sales over 10k but unfortunately no-one cares.
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 17:04 - Apr 29 with 2781 viewsmutters

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 11:37 - Apr 29 by textbackup

But in short

Both to blame

"Not going over this again"

Goes over it again.

Made me chuckle :-)

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 17:59 - Apr 29 with 2577 viewsstantheman

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 17:04 - Apr 29 by mutters

"Not going over this again"

Goes over it again.

Made me chuckle :-)

Agree, they are both to blame but ME more so in my opinion. MM has done well for the most part and I will give it another season.
If the lessons from this season have not been learned that will be my last. If ME and MM do rectify the mistakes then I think we will do well, if not it will be much the same as this and will lead to a gradual decline. We CANNOT have another season like this or it be very difficult to come back from.
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 18:04 - Apr 29 with 2533 viewsstantheman

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 14:05 - Apr 29 by Ryorry

That's rubbish - just read WeWereZombies thread about how sh1t he was treated by the so called 'ticket office' when he tried to buy a ticket for today's game. I'll vouch that most who haven't renewed for next season used to renew no matter what our league position or how poor we were playing, but that what has changed is the cr@p manner in which we fans are treated - taken for granted, not valued, terrible "customer service". It feels like ME has been taking the p*ss in seeing how far he can go in not giving fans the basics like a well-cared for ground, decent food/drink, reasonable prices & cs etc, before we call him out and say "enough is enough".

ITFC now is simply nothing like the great "family friendly" club that it used to be, and which apart from the great Bobby Robson sides that made the football a joy to watch, was so successful in reaching out and having a good relationship with the community, including myself who'd never been interested in football before, and became a fan of ITFC because of it back in the '70s. If I were a student in my early 20s at college in Ipswich now as I was back then, I certainly wouldn't become involved with the club, not because of the generally poor quality of the football - that can change - but because I wouldn't feel valued.

You are right and that is shocking poor PR. Very poor re the all ticket decision as well.
Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 18:24 - Apr 29 with 2452 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 10:39 - Apr 29 by brogansnose

Yeah, gotta say I'm feeling a bit choked up right now in all honesty.

Aways it is then.

COYB

Thought i,d feel really sad but i,m not.
The reality is that the enjoyment has been slowly drained away to the point that i can,t be arsed at the moment.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 18:27 - Apr 29 with 2425 viewsgerard1947

Sad day today, many a true loyal blues on 14:05 - Apr 29 by Ryorry

Spot on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024