Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. 12:05 - Apr 29 with 1616 viewsmonytowbray

From the "strong and stable" party.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/apr/28/garden-bridge-dead-38m-publ

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:17 - Apr 29 with 1587 viewsStokieBlue

Was a rubbish idea in the first place.

London needs a proper transport bridge down that way though if it were possible.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:18 - Apr 29 with 1581 viewsWD19

Shame really. Something like this was never going to survive trial by spreadsheet, but would have added something to the London landscape.
Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:21 - Apr 29 with 1572 viewsLord_Lucan

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:17 - Apr 29 by StokieBlue

Was a rubbish idea in the first place.

London needs a proper transport bridge down that way though if it were possible.

SB

I didn't know anything about it but think it looks cool.

Can't be bothered to read the article as a bit busy but ultimately why has it been scuppered?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:24 - Apr 29 with 1563 viewsWD19

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:21 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

Can't be bothered to read the article as a bit busy but ultimately why has it been scuppered?

It's bloody expensive to do properly and some of it public money. Never going to be a vote winner.
Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:24 - Apr 29 with 1560 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The "chumocracy" in action.....and as for £37m, those lucky consultants !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:28 - Apr 29 with 1544 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:21 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

Because it's a heavily public subsidised space for corporate functions (money black hole costing £3.5m/year to maintain)

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:31 - Apr 29 with 1535 viewsfactual_blue

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:24 - Apr 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

The "chumocracy" in action.....and as for £37m, those lucky consultants !

You've spelt 'chumpocracy' wrongly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:36 - Apr 29 with 1532 viewsLord_Lucan

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:28 - Apr 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because it's a heavily public subsidised space for corporate functions (money black hole costing £3.5m/year to maintain)

I am sure that Barclays or HSBC would have funded it for naming rights.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:49 - Apr 29 with 1514 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:36 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

I am sure that Barclays or HSBC would have funded it for naming rights.

Perhaps they will pay the outstanding £37m.

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 14:24 - Apr 29 with 1468 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa has asked me to say "Thanks Callis for repeating our strong and stable message"

Please keep up the good work.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 14:34 - Apr 29 with 1442 viewsPendejo

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:31 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

You've spelt 'chumpocracy' wrongly.

Both are probably correct

Chomocracy - Boris & pals squeeze another £37m out of the public purse that could have been spent on other things, cue much back slapping and gifts for BoJo

Chumpocracy - the tax paying public are ripped off again with the money taken before we are asked whether we'd like to contribute [or do you think the folks rinsed BoJo of £37m walking away sniggering into a cupped hand?]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 11:15 - Aug 1 with 656 viewsurbanpenguin

Another fantastic notch in Boris' belt. on 12:49 - Apr 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Perhaps they will pay the outstanding £37m.

Just saw this thread.

as one of the people involved in stopping the Garden Bridge, I can assure you it really was a total pile of dodgy crap, terrible for the environment, hated across London and symbolic of so much wrong at the moment.

That said, I am trying to hold people to account: https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/returning-garden-bridge-money/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024