Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse 16:58 - Apr 29 with 8116 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I personally am waiting as my train doesn't leave til 5:43 and I want to see what happens

About 2500 here waiting in total plus any above me I can't say in SBR upper

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:10 - Apr 29 with 1403 viewswitchdoctor

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:05 - Apr 29 by HARRY10

Mostly from those who believe that we have a god given right to be as we were 40 years ago.

For all his faults we will still be in the second tier, not joining a host of other medium size clubs who have slipped down the leagues.

A polite applause would have been respect for our club, and our supporters.

ok Harry.....so how else are fans who are fed up to the back teeth supposed to show their displeasure?..Just give a loud sigh....shrug their shoulders and slink off?
A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:10 - Apr 29 with 1399 viewsTractorCam

Definitely wasn't that many, i'd say about 1,000. The abuse was pretty loud in sir bobby lower, good to see as the players still got the applause

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:14 - Apr 29 with 1374 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:10 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

Definitely wasn't that many, i'd say about 1,000. The abuse was pretty loud in sir bobby lower, good to see as the players still got the applause

Abuse is good to see?

Stay classy

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:15 - Apr 29 with 1364 viewsRegencyBlue

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 17:28 - Apr 29 by pointofblue

Unless we have a massive refresh we'll be down next year anyway. All Mick has done is manage to put off the inevitable but we've now been found out - close us down quickly and we don't have a clue what to do.

This - unfortunately!
A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:17 - Apr 29 with 1348 viewsbraveblue

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 17:23 - Apr 29 by BergholtBru

Giving Mick abuse FFS !! The man has worked miracles on a shoestring budget just to keep us in the Championship. Without him we would have been in League 1 ages ago! Just look at some clubs and be thankful were still safely up. Major realism surgery required I`m afraid.

If you are happy with how we play I pity you.
A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:19 - Apr 29 with 1335 viewsTractorCam

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:14 - Apr 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Abuse is good to see?

Stay classy

It works both ways, he gives out abuse, he takes abuse.
We give out abuse, we take abuse.

Of course it will probably annoy him, it annoys me when he talks about the fans the same way. You're telling me you've never given out abuse?

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:19 - Apr 29 with 1330 viewsJohnhoz

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 17:23 - Apr 29 by BergholtBru

Giving Mick abuse FFS !! The man has worked miracles on a shoestring budget just to keep us in the Championship. Without him we would have been in League 1 ages ago! Just look at some clubs and be thankful were still safely up. Major realism surgery required I`m afraid.

Yep. If he leaves I think we will plummet like a stone.

Presumably the people abusing Mick are the same ones who were waving £20 notes when ME took over singing 'we're f***ing loaded'

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:19 - Apr 29 with 1330 viewsbraveblue

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:00 - Apr 29 by The_Romford_Blue

100% agree

I thought it was prettt sad with him having to stand there with people telling him to 'f*ck off' and chanting at him.

Well maybe he should not have a go at the fans at every opportunity.
Login to get fewer ads

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:21 - Apr 29 with 1317 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:19 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

Of course it will probably annoy him, it annoys me when he talks about the fans the same way. You're telling me you've never given out abuse?

If you think him replying to comments at him is the same as the abuse he gets, you are insane

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:21 - Apr 29 with 1315 viewsbraveblue

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:09 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

When have we played 7 in defence and no strikers? You're making things up.

Fulham was back 7. Wolves similar as was Rotherham. The list is large.
A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:26 - Apr 29 with 1278 viewsdalianwasexciting

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:10 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

MM is just one part of what is wrong, clearly there are some players in the squad capable of delivering better, as they did against Newcastle, The real issue is Evans and a succession of bad decisions, allied to overpricing to attend and allowing the club to lose its identity. A team will,always reflect its manager and we have become dour, predictable,pedestrian and frustrating.

We don't know what MM/ME/IM interactions are, if money has been available or not. But what we do know is that MM seems to set out not to lose every game, has no real plan B. Has played players out of position, tinkered with formations during games, sometimes multiple times with players seemingly confused as to their role. The midfield has been the issue for years and lacks creativity, we never replaced Murphy, everyone in football knew Leon Best would not cut it, but we still continued to try and play the same way.

The press conferences are predictable, the manager shows arrogance and disdain for the paying public, and it is the combination of all the above that has driven me to wishing he would just walk, and do it quickly. But this is Ipswich, the club is too nice. The fans are too nice and there are still large numbers of happy clappers,

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:28 - Apr 29 with 1264 viewsHerbivore

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:21 - Apr 29 by braveblue

Fulham was back 7. Wolves similar as was Rotherham. The list is large.

We didn't play a back 7 in any of those games. We've never played a back 7.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:29 - Apr 29 with 1254 viewsTractorCam

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:28 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

Yes we did, the full backs were not pushing forward and we had 2 cdm's.

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:29 - Apr 29 with 1254 viewsMullet

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:19 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

"He gives out abuse" is nonsense

"We take abuse" is possibly the most laughable thing on here for ages. There's been enough crying to make some consider building an ark.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:31 - Apr 29 with 1233 viewsHoppersblue10

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:28 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

IT was not a back four on paper but in actual play it was as good as.

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:37 - Apr 29 with 1201 viewsHerbivore

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:29 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

Yes we did, the full backs were not pushing forward and we had 2 cdm's.

So we didn't play 7 at the back. Glad we've cleared that up. People do talk some guff, we've not started with more than 5 defenders in any game this season and when we've played with wing backs how far they've pushed forward has depended on how well we've played as a unit not on who has been selected.

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:38 - Apr 29 with 1198 viewsTractorCam

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:37 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

So we didn't play 7 at the back. Glad we've cleared that up. People do talk some guff, we've not started with more than 5 defenders in any game this season and when we've played with wing backs how far they've pushed forward has depended on how well we've played as a unit not on who has been selected.

It's depended on how McCarthy has set the team up, which on occasions like these has been to defend, and others like Villa away, was to attack.

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:39 - Apr 29 with 1195 viewsHARRY10

Yes, that has been one of MM's faults. Stood on the touchline shouting abuse at the North Stand.

Well done you for giving it back.
A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:41 - Apr 29 with 1173 viewsvapour_trail

It's the fckwits that feel abusing a bloke who's done his best for the club over four years is acceptable. Complete imbeciles.

I think he should go, but these people have either low self esteem, very small appendage, or in all likelihood, both.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:41 - Apr 29 with 1172 viewsMullet

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:38 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

It's depended on how McCarthy has set the team up, which on occasions like these has been to defend, and others like Villa away, was to attack.

So when teams attack us we are pinned back or defending which makes it "seven at the back" but when we attack and players move forward "it depends"?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:42 - Apr 29 with 1159 viewsHerbivore

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:38 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

In either case it's still 5 at the back. The whole 7 at the back nonsense is spouted by the same mooks he think Skuglas sounds like a cool thing to say. And I'm curious as to why you feel Mick sent a side out to attack at Villa, who were unbeaten at home, whilst deliberately sending them out to defend at other times? What would be the rationale for that exactly? Doesn't seem plausible to me.

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:44 - Apr 29 with 1150 viewsblaggers

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 17:31 - Apr 29 by glasso

It's not Mick we should be angry at. We play terrible football because we have a terrible squad. We have a terrible squad because we have no money.

We have a terrible atmosphere because we have tiny crowds. We have tiny crowds because the club is bleeding every penny out of fans every chance they get.

Next year, we'll be even poorer and the clubs joining our league will be even richer.

It's sad to admit it, but Ipswich aren't the club we used to be (and the club the fans still think we should be). That hasn't happened over the past two or three years or even since Mick became manager. It's been happening slowly since we got relegated from the PL.

Post of the day.

Poll: What happens next?

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:47 - Apr 29 with 1123 viewsClausThomsen

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:42 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

In either case it's still 5 at the back. The whole 7 at the back nonsense is spouted by the same mooks he think Skuglas sounds like a cool thing to say. And I'm curious as to why you feel Mick sent a side out to attack at Villa, who were unbeaten at home, whilst deliberately sending them out to defend at other times? What would be the rationale for that exactly? Doesn't seem plausible to me.

Skuglas is a cool thing to say?

Skuse and Douglas doesn't work, and the fans worked it out months before MM.

He used to be a defender. He's a defensive minded coach. He plays defensive football.

But no criticism is valid cause your head's right up MM's arse
A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:48 - Apr 29 with 1115 viewsTractorCam

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:42 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

I really wish I had the answers for that. The 3-5-2 was working so well and for whatever reason, we switched it up despite February being our best month football wise since the play off season

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:49 - Apr 29 with 1107 viewsHoppersblue10

A number of the north are waiting here to give mick abuse on 18:41 - Apr 29 by vapour_trail

It's the fckwits that feel abusing a bloke who's done his best for the club over four years is acceptable. Complete imbeciles.

I think he should go, but these people have either low self esteem, very small appendage, or in all likelihood, both.

Problem is that; Thanks very much MM for all your efforts over the past few seasons, it's been appreciated. However would you mind packing your bags and leaving with dignity at the end of the season. Doesn't roll of the tongue quite as well as "fook off MM" for the average North Stand fan.

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024