Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it really Mick's fault ? 18:02 - Apr 29 with 1432 viewsHARRY10

I am fed up with hearing that ME 'pumps money in' when to all intents and purposes we haven't a pot to pee in. Look at who we sign. A few middling players with the usual old codger hoping to squeeze out another season or two before he calls it a day.

We have sold players but the money only seems to be part of the money that is supposedly 'pumped in'. What happens if we do not sell big this summer ? More cost cutting ? Smaller squad ?

What happened to the Cat 1 stuff ? The aim to have half of the squad from the academy by 2017 ?

Can we rely on there being more basket cases like Brum and Forest to keep us out of the bottom three next season ? Or will we be joining them ?

Ultimately the buck stops with ME. Either do something or get out, as the longer this drags on for, the harder will be the climb back.
Is it really Mick's fault ? on 18:40 - Apr 29 with 1367 viewschristiand

Certainly a combination of the two.

ME's serious lack of investment. Yes he keeps us afloat, but little more with lack of proper investment in the squad for better players. He gives most of us the impression he has little interest in Ipswich Town and this approach will continue no doubt.

MM for his team selections, formations and tactics. Yes it can be argued the quality of the players is reflected in our league position, but the coaching of players to play little more than long ball is solely down to MM.

MM I certainly hold responsible for the poor quality of the playing side, although a new manager with a different approach could change things. ME is still the main problem in my eyes and has been for a while. His ownership with us has been little more than disastrous!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 18:55 - Apr 29 with 1338 viewsTractorCam

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 18:40 - Apr 29 by christiand

ME's serious lack of investment. Yes he keeps us afloat, but little more with lack of proper investment in the squad for better players. He gives most of us the impression he has little interest in Ipswich Town and this approach will continue no doubt.

MM for his team selections, formations and tactics. Yes it can be argued the quality of the players is reflected in our league position, but the coaching of players to play little more than long ball is solely down to MM.

MM I certainly hold responsible for the poor quality of the playing side, although a new manager with a different approach could change things. ME is still the main problem in my eyes and has been for a while. His ownership with us has been little more than disastrous!

Spot on

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 18:59 - Apr 29 with 1326 viewsHARRY10

However it is ultimately ME's responsibility that MM is here. Neither do we know what remit he has given MM ie avoid relegation at all costs, perhaps.

That means acquiring players who can stifle a game, getting them to play that way and not develop youngsters as that would be too risky.

The moot point is what would M do with decent investment. Without knowing that we are merely seeing hinstruggle with beggar all money.

What is not a moot point is this is not working, both on and off the pitch. No weasel words from Milne or meaningless 5 point plans will change that either. Without a major player sale this summer we will see a far worse squad than what we have now. Will they be good enough to keep us up ?

Time alone will tell.
Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:16 - Apr 29 with 1279 viewsjaykay

can someone tell me if mick has said or hinted that evans wont pay a transfer fee for a player mick wants.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:22 - Apr 29 with 1254 viewschristiand

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:16 - Apr 29 by jaykay

can someone tell me if mick has said or hinted that evans wont pay a transfer fee for a player mick wants.

Only ME, IM and MM know that. From the outside, it looks like we make an offer well below what they want for the player e.g. The magical number of £1m and when they remind Ipswich they want £2.5m+, we miss out. Nevertheless, we are assured that we have bids in for 'SEVERAL' players, but with no real intention of getting them. Personally, that's how I see most transfer windows from our perspective.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:26 - Apr 29 with 1238 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I'm not sure disastrous is fair. We've hardly had Coventry/Portsmouth's owners or any number of owners which have literally squeezed every penny out of the club and happily watched them free fall. I don't think it's fair to accuse him of that, it just wouldn't be true.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:37 - Apr 29 with 1197 viewsbontcho

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 18:59 - Apr 29 by HARRY10

However it is ultimately ME's responsibility that MM is here. Neither do we know what remit he has given MM ie avoid relegation at all costs, perhaps.

That means acquiring players who can stifle a game, getting them to play that way and not develop youngsters as that would be too risky.

The moot point is what would M do with decent investment. Without knowing that we are merely seeing hinstruggle with beggar all money.

What is not a moot point is this is not working, both on and off the pitch. No weasel words from Milne or meaningless 5 point plans will change that either. Without a major player sale this summer we will see a far worse squad than what we have now. Will they be good enough to keep us up ?

Time alone will tell.

Whilst as fans we don't think it's working if ME is giving MM a brief to stay well clear of relegation with the (I guess) 15th-18th biggest playing budget then the two of them may see this as it is "working".

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:38 - Apr 29 with 1192 viewsHARRY10

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:26 - Apr 29 by JammyDodgerrr

I'm not sure disastrous is fair. We've hardly had Coventry/Portsmouth's owners or any number of owners which have literally squeezed every penny out of the club and happily watched them free fall. I don't think it's fair to accuse him of that, it just wouldn't be true.

Portsmouth collapsed under the weight of player contracts dear old 'readies' Redknapp lumbered with them.

Whilst our plight is not that of Blackpool we certainly are not heading in the right direction, and if this is where we are after very recent sales of Mings and Murphy then where will we be without that level of money coming in ?
Login to get fewer ads

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:55 - Apr 29 with 1152 viewsdalianwasexciting

Is it really Mick's fault ? on 19:38 - Apr 29 by HARRY10

Portsmouth collapsed under the weight of player contracts dear old 'readies' Redknapp lumbered with them.

Whilst our plight is not that of Blackpool we certainly are not heading in the right direction, and if this is where we are after very recent sales of Mings and Murphy then where will we be without that level of money coming in ?

MM is just one part of what is wrong, clearly there are some players in the squad capable of delivering better, as they did against Newcastle, The real issue is Evans and a succession of bad decisions, allied to overpricing to attend and allowing the club to lose its identity. A team will,always reflect its manager and we have become dour, predictable,pedestrian and frustrating.

We don't know what MM/ME/IM interactions are, if money has been available or not. But what we do know is that MM seems to set out not to lose every game, has no real plan B. Has played players out of position, tinkered with formations during games, sometimes multiple times with players seemingly confused as to their role. The midfield has been the issue for years and lacks creativity, we never replaced Murphy, everyone in football knew Leon Best would not cut it, but we still continued to try and play the same way.

The press conferences are predictable, the manager shows arrogance and disdain for the paying public, and it is the combination of all the above that has driven me to wishing he would just walk, and do it quickly. But this is Ipswich, the club is too nice. The fans are too nice and there are still large numbers of happy clappers,

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024