Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That bloke who drove head on into a car... 21:06 - Apr 29 with 4181 viewsbluelagos

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-39706672

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 01:33 - Apr 30 with 3555 viewsjeera

I saw that earlier.

Made no sense then either.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 07:48 - Apr 30 with 3444 viewswitchdoctor

WTF??...what more evidence do they need?
That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 08:17 - Apr 30 with 3390 viewsbrogansnose

I was under the impression that if you, for example , got a speeding ticket in your car and it wasn't you then you either had to say who was actually driving or take the rap yourself.

Stunning decision.
That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 08:47 - Apr 30 with 3338 viewsPendejo

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 08:17 - Apr 30 by brogansnose

I was under the impression that if you, for example , got a speeding ticket in your car and it wasn't you then you either had to say who was actually driving or take the rap yourself.

Stunning decision.

Precisely what I thought. Extremely poor decision from CPS.

Other person is a CI and / or is being protected for some reason.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:22 - Apr 30 with 3285 viewsjeera

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 08:17 - Apr 30 by brogansnose

Stunning decision.

Ah, but this wasn't a speeding ticket.

This guy turned this car about and rammed the other vehicle twice.

Completely different scenario.

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:25 - Apr 30 with 3280 viewswitchdoctor

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:22 - Apr 30 by jeera

Ah, but this wasn't a speeding ticket.

This guy turned this car about and rammed the other vehicle twice.

Completely different scenario.

yeah but surely the owner of the car would have to fess up as to who was actually driving the car if only for insurance purposes.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 9:26]
That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:43 - Apr 30 with 3231 viewssparks

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:25 - Apr 30 by witchdoctor

yeah but surely the owner of the car would have to fess up as to who was actually driving the car if only for insurance purposes.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 9:26]

The reason is quite clear from what they say.

You cant see on the video who is driving. That would have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt- they dont think they can do that.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:54 - Apr 30 with 3204 viewsjeera

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:43 - Apr 30 by sparks

You cant see on the video who is driving. That would have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt- they dont think they can do that.

I must admit I was with WD there tbh.

You'd think the owner would be obliged to name the driver.

How does that work?

Login to get fewer ads

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:59 - Apr 30 with 3190 viewssparks

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:54 - Apr 30 by jeera

I must admit I was with WD there tbh.

You'd think the owner would be obliged to name the driver.

How does that work?

Right to remain silent in criminal proceedings?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 10:28 - Apr 30 with 3150 viewswitchdoctor

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:59 - Apr 30 by sparks

in that case you'd have to think that no car insurance company would touch him with a barge pole in future...
That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 10:31 - Apr 30 with 3138 viewssparks

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 10:28 - Apr 30 by witchdoctor

in that case you'd have to think that no car insurance company would touch him with a barge pole in future...

That may well be the case- but its separate.

I imagine there will have been a civil claim for the damage.

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 11:42 - Apr 30 with 3064 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:43 - Apr 30 by sparks

So if you ever have the misfortune of running someone over whilst speeding, for example, are you saying the recommended action by the courts is to drive off sharpish and say "it wasn't me"?
That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:06 - Apr 30 with 2944 viewsblue_oyster

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 07:48 - Apr 30 by witchdoctor

WTF??...what more evidence do they need?

They need to establish that it was the owner of the car driving. The CPS have no intention of doing that. There are simply not enough resources to deal with the level of crime in this country.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:11 - Apr 30 with 2926 viewssparks

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 11:42 - Apr 30 by FrowsyArmLarry

So if you ever have the misfortune of running someone over whilst speeding, for example, are you saying the recommended action by the courts is to drive off sharpish and say "it wasn't me"?

What are you on about?

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:15 - Apr 30 with 2915 viewsPinewoodblue

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 09:59 - Apr 30 by sparks

why not charge the vehicle owner with obstructing the police in the execution of their duty.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:17 - Apr 30 with 2906 viewssparks

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:15 - Apr 30 by Pinewoodblue

why not charge the vehicle owner with obstructing the police in the execution of their duty.

Right to remain silent...

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:45 - Apr 30 with 2861 viewsRyorry

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:15 - Apr 30 by Pinewoodblue

If the driver's face couldn't be recognised, the owner might as well have said the car had been stolen & he didn't notice it had gone because he was sleeping, working at his desk or whatever.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:48 - Apr 30 with 2849 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:17 - Apr 30 by sparks

Right to remain silent...

Surely he must have to provide a good reason as to why he didn't know who was driving, or simply be considered guilty?

Otherwise my point about hit and run being legalised is correct
That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:59 - Apr 30 with 2822 viewsBLUEBEAT

Masonic intervention yo

Poll: W or W

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 16:49 - Apr 30 with 2766 viewssparks

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 15:48 - Apr 30 by FrowsyArmLarry

Surely he must have to provide a good reason as to why he didn't know who was driving, or simply be considered guilty?

Otherwise my point about hit and run being legalised is correct

Do you wish the right to remain silent to be removed?

Inferences can be drawn from silence. However, if the CPS are asking themselves "Is there a solid prospect of demonstrating this offence beyond reasonable doubt", and they cant tell who is in the car....

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 18:05 - Apr 30 with 2699 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 16:49 - Apr 30 by sparks

Do you wish the right to remain silent to be removed?

Inferences can be drawn from silence. However, if the CPS are asking themselves "Is there a solid prospect of demonstrating this offence beyond reasonable doubt", and they cant tell who is in the car....

Being the car owner makes you highly likely to be the driver. Not declaring that someone else was driving the car proves it.
That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 18:09 - Apr 30 with 2680 viewsbrogansnose

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 18:05 - Apr 30 by FrowsyArmLarry

Being the car owner makes you highly likely to be the driver. Not declaring that someone else was driving the car proves it.

I would assume that having to provide a viable alibi or investigate mobile phone records and data would be the minimum that the police could do without contravening anybodies legal rights.
That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 18:13 - Apr 30 with 2669 viewsSwansea_Blue

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 11:42 - Apr 30 by FrowsyArmLarry

Not the courts, no. But we had students living next to us who bumped some cars whilst over the limit. The police who attended said she should have just disappeared and then would have escaped a ban. I was very surprised - maybe he didn't fancy the paperwork.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 00:15 - May 1 with 2554 viewsflashblue

If I was the CPS, I would interview the owner under caution, and ask him if he was driving. If he remained silent or refused to name the driver, I would charge him for for the lot and ask the magistrates to infer guilt from his silence - which they are entitled to do.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 00:21 - May 1 with 2543 viewsblue_oyster

That bloke who drove head on into a car... on 00:15 - May 1 by flashblue

If I was the CPS, I would interview the owner under caution, and ask him if he was driving. If he remained silent or refused to name the driver, I would charge him for for the lot and ask the magistrates to infer guilt from his silence - which they are entitled to do.

Indeed they should, and would do if they were serious about reducing crime. But they are not.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024