Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. 22:28 - Apr 29 with 8579 viewsblueblood66

To annoy all of us who want him out. Pathetic, putting his ego before the best for this club. Evans has to act and get rid of him now, he is driving fans away in their droves now.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:30 - Apr 29 with 6320 viewsfactual_blue

He's obviously doing it just to annoy YOU.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:34 - Apr 29 with 6277 viewsblustutu

If you got that from the awards article you either didn't read the whole thing or you're picking quotes that suit your agenda.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 23:06 - Apr 29 with 6123 viewsPinewoodblue

Think it will rest on how Marcus Evans reacts to the early bird sales figures for season tickets.

If he says sod the fans if they want to renew they can pay the higher price then you can be sure Mick will be staying and with a mandate to dish up more of the same next season.

If on the other hand he undertakes a survey of a number of non renewers and finds a significant number are just holding back and will renew if Mick goes then he will have to do the sums.

Suspect the number of waivers is such that if they were to be persuaded to renew the extra revenue would be enough to pay Mick off.

If he is going to get rid the sooner the better. Surely has to be before everyone goes on holiday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 23:07 - Apr 29 with 6123 viewsmonytowbray

Evans needs to act and get rid of himself or invest.

If you can't see the bigger picture you don't get it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 23:08 - Apr 29 with 6115 viewsblueblood66

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:34 - Apr 29 by blustutu

If you got that from the awards article you either didn't read the whole thing or you're picking quotes that suit your agenda.

As we were walking around the pitch at the end of the game, I didn’t realise I was so popular. For all those that find me so popular, I’m just going to let you know that I will be back here next year, even if that’s just to annoy the people who don’t like me.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 23:10 - Apr 29 with 6086 viewsCoco

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 23:07 - Apr 29 by monytowbray

Obviously there is a bigger issue but magic Mick with money or without plays pig ugly, mind numbing, old fashioned football.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 23:55 - Apr 29 with 5903 viewsMark

Mick's comments are not helpful, and often stoke up the differences with the fans. For every 1 who voices their displeasure, there are probably 10 who walk away quietly and don't come back.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 00:36 - Apr 30 with 5782 viewsmutters

Or he is simplify honouring his contract that he agreed and signed with Evans.

Why do you think he should walk away? As much as there is a lot of vitriol towards him at the moment, he seems a pretty honourable guy. I wouldn't expect him to break a contract. If there is to be a change then Evans will have to sack him and then pay him off.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 06:20 - Apr 30 with 5566 viewstiptreeblue

The bigger picture, (as i see it) is ME doesn`t invest enough and MM sets teams up too defensively making for boring football
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 06:23 - Apr 30 with 5547 viewsBenters

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 06:20 - Apr 30 by tiptreeblue

The bigger picture, (as i see it) is ME doesn`t invest enough and MM sets teams up too defensively making for boring football

I dont think MM can change if he was given a shed load of dosh.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 06:59 - Apr 30 with 5484 viewstiptreeblue

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 06:23 - Apr 30 by Benters

I dont think MM can change if he was given a shed load of dosh.

nor do i, that there lies the biggest problem of all, ME spending money would only make it a better class of boredom with MM in charge
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 07:30 - Apr 30 with 5430 viewswitchdoctor

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 00:36 - Apr 30 by mutters

Or he is simplify honouring his contract that he agreed and signed with Evans.

Why do you think he should walk away? As much as there is a lot of vitriol towards him at the moment, he seems a pretty honourable guy. I wouldn't expect him to break a contract. If there is to be a change then Evans will have to sack him and then pay him off.

honorable guy?...don't make me laugh....didn't he say he'd walk if he wasn't wanted?...well he's clearly not wanted so why's he indicating he's staying?...arrogance?...the dosh?...or a combo of both?
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 07:47 - Apr 30 with 5366 viewsBenters

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 06:59 - Apr 30 by tiptreeblue

nor do i, that there lies the biggest problem of all, ME spending money would only make it a better class of boredom with MM in charge

Yeah you are right Tiptree .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 5159 viewsbraveblue

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:34 - Apr 29 by blustutu

Well he said it. I think that is what you call a quote!! He was humbled (sure) but would be back to annoy those who want him to go. Oh, and a big salary. Sums the man up.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 09:33 - Apr 30 with 5146 viewsHerbivore

Four more years! Four more years!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:13 - Apr 30 with 4999 viewsmutters

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 07:30 - Apr 30 by witchdoctor

honorable guy?...don't make me laugh....didn't he say he'd walk if he wasn't wanted?...well he's clearly not wanted so why's he indicating he's staying?...arrogance?...the dosh?...or a combo of both?

He's a brash Yorkshire man who is very principled and yes I do believe he is an honourable man.

You say he is clearly not wanted but that's only some people's opinion. ME may want him to stay, there is a large section of the fans who still support him. Your own personal opinion is not reflective of the whole fanbase.

He's staying because he's got a contract and a job to do.
I don't know about you but whenever I've had some tough times at work I tend to work harder to make them right not turn and run. I'd respect him even less if he did walk out.

As I said this is MEs issue to resolve. To expect MM to walkout on a contract is well living in cloud cuckoo land I am afraid. ME needs to decide what he wants to do and soon.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:32 - Apr 30 with 4925 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:13 - Apr 30 by mutters

He's a brash Yorkshire man who is very principled and yes I do believe he is an honourable man.

You say he is clearly not wanted but that's only some people's opinion. ME may want him to stay, there is a large section of the fans who still support him. Your own personal opinion is not reflective of the whole fanbase.

I don't know about you but whenever I've had some tough times at work I tend to work harder to make them right not turn and run. I'd respect him even less if he did walk out.

As I said this is MEs issue to resolve. To expect MM to walkout on a contract is well living in cloud cuckoo land I am afraid. ME needs to decide what he wants to do and soon.

Interesting, you would respect him less if he walked.

Quite the opposite for me, he is turned round and said, we had a good run early doors, but someone else should step in and see what they can do, that would get my respect.

Is harder to admit you are wrong than drag the a*se out out of it for any longer.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 13:55 - Apr 30 with 4789 viewsmutters

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:32 - Apr 30 by Northern_Blue81

Interesting, you would respect him less if he walked.

Quite the opposite for me, he is turned round and said, we had a good run early doors, but someone else should step in and see what they can do, that would get my respect.

Is harder to admit you are wrong than drag the a*se out out of it for any longer.

Contact is a contract to me. Annoys me when people try to walk out on them, both footballers and managers alike.

MM clearly still has support from the club and a section of the fans. Whatever you think of him, a lot of clubs in our division would be happy to have him as their manager. Some are amazed at the attitude of a section of our fans.

But let's be clear, some of the football has been awful. This can be partly charged at MM and injuries (losing both Dizzy and Ted for large chunks of the last two seasons really hasn't helped) but really ME has to take the majority of the blame here. He has to either back him or sack him.

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 14:06 - Apr 30 with 4771 viewsRyorry

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 09:32 - Apr 30 by braveblue

Well he said it. I think that is what you call a quote!! He was humbled (sure) but would be back to annoy those who want him to go. Oh, and a big salary. Sums the man up.

What he said in full (as reported by Phil in his 'Awards' news item), for the context -

“You might understand if I said here was the last place I wanted to come and stand and speak today," he said.

“As we were walking around the pitch at the end of the game, I didn’t realise I was so popular. For all those that find me so popular, I’m just going to let you know that I will be back here next year, even if that’s just to annoy the people who don’t like me.

“As ever when I come into this event I get quite humbled by it, and probably the lads are the same. We walk in, with our shoulders hunched a little bit, we’re not sure what kind of reception we’re going to get after a disappointing performance.

“I’m always humbled by the reception and the support that we all get and I think the interaction between the players, the staff and the fans is a special bond at Ipswich and it’s something that should be nurtured and should be continued. Thank you for your support and thank you for how you’ve received us tonight.”

The Blues manager subsequently asked his players to give fans a round of applause.

- See more at: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31623/bart-retains-player-of-the-year#st

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 14:22 - Apr 30 with 4722 viewsneilvanlimbeek

Will go to zero games next season, even the away games on my doorstep - might buy another greyhound instead or have a decent holiday this summer
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 14:50 - Apr 30 with 4676 viewsradiogaga

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 14:06 - Apr 30 by Ryorry

What he said in full (as reported by Phil in his 'Awards' news item), for the context -

“You might understand if I said here was the last place I wanted to come and stand and speak today," he said.

“As we were walking around the pitch at the end of the game, I didn’t realise I was so popular. For all those that find me so popular, I’m just going to let you know that I will be back here next year, even if that’s just to annoy the people who don’t like me.

“As ever when I come into this event I get quite humbled by it, and probably the lads are the same. We walk in, with our shoulders hunched a little bit, we’re not sure what kind of reception we’re going to get after a disappointing performance.

“I’m always humbled by the reception and the support that we all get and I think the interaction between the players, the staff and the fans is a special bond at Ipswich and it’s something that should be nurtured and should be continued. Thank you for your support and thank you for how you’ve received us tonight.”

The Blues manager subsequently asked his players to give fans a round of applause.

- See more at: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31623/bart-retains-player-of-the-year#st

McCarthy has had one truly bad season with us, but the lack of entertainment or legacy that his 'fans want to see winning football, not pretty football' philosophy comprises of meant that a season like this one was always going to turn things toxic. With so many players on loan/ out of contract this summer, it is difficult to point at what legacy (if any) MM would actually leave us with his summer, for all his good work.

But Evans remains the root cause. Had McCarthy been backed, the age old discussion of entertainment would have remained an issue, but results would almost certainly have been better. This summer would point to being a huge rebuilding job, regardless of manager, but Evans needs to act either way. As many have rightfully said, you back him or sack him. Unfortunately, I expect he'll do neither.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 14:52 - Apr 30 with 4671 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 13:55 - Apr 30 by mutters

Contact is a contract to me. Annoys me when people try to walk out on them, both footballers and managers alike.

MM clearly still has support from the club and a section of the fans. Whatever you think of him, a lot of clubs in our division would be happy to have him as their manager. Some are amazed at the attitude of a section of our fans.

But let's be clear, some of the football has been awful. This can be partly charged at MM and injuries (losing both Dizzy and Ted for large chunks of the last two seasons really hasn't helped) but really ME has to take the majority of the blame here. He has to either back him or sack him.

He is not walking out in a huff, he is one of (possibly the) longest serving manager in this league and he knows it is not working. Save himself a load of hassle and if he is still a desired appointment, that will happen for him.

Micks time at ITFC is up.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 15:15 - Apr 30 with 4614 viewsbraveblue

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:13 - Apr 30 by mutters

Even Jewell had the honesty to leave when he was not wanted. To deny that he is not wanted by the vast majority is just plain crazy.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 15:17 - Apr 30 with 4602 viewsRyorry

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 15:15 - Apr 30 by braveblue

Even Jewell had the honesty to leave when he was not wanted. To deny that he is not wanted by the vast majority is just plain crazy.

All he'd have to do would be look at Phil's poll on here - two thirds, approx, want him to go.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 17:56 - Apr 30 with 4463 viewsHoppersblue10

Has he got a buyer lined up then?

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024