Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence 09:19 - Apr 30 with 2563 viewstractorboy1978

Is he actually that good? He had a spell where everything he hit went in and clearly he is a decent Championship player but am I the only one who thinks talk of playing in the Premiership and £5m moves is a little premature? He's not in Fraser's league for me.
Tom Lawrence on 09:22 - Apr 30 with 2550 viewsMullet

He's far more rounded than Fraser and yes, equally as good if not better. Let's not forget Fraser was also in a better side last season with far less injury problems and changes.

Lawrence was always destined to be the real deal here and deserves the credit for some excellent solo performances. If we'd have had a central focus up front for him to feed off we'd have a very decent season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Lawrence on 09:22 - Apr 30 with 2550 viewsGarv

Fraser was more consistent and Lswrence more exciting I would suggest. Gone off the boil recently.

He would need to prove he can do it more often. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tom Lawrence on 09:26 - Apr 30 with 2530 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I agree. Very good player but Fraser for me is better. I think one of the relegated clubs or a Derby or Villa will pick him up. Perhaps even Norwich.
Tom Lawrence on 09:29 - Apr 30 with 2505 viewsHerbivore

For me Fraser was better but there's not that much in it and we've had basically twice as many games out of Lawrence as we did out of Fraser and that has to count for something. I think Lawrence is good enough for a lower half Prem side, he won't be a nailed on starter to begin with but the ability is there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Lawrence on 09:35 - Apr 30 with 2465 viewstractorshark

Lawrence has had a better loan spell than Fraser did.
Fraser was injured twice and while he impressed, he didn't quite have the trickery that Lawrence has.
I often thought Fraser was contained and shepherded away by better defenders. That said, he's really shone for Bournemouth this season.
Lawrence is more skilful in my opinion, maybe a little inconsistent after he came back from injury.
But every time he gets on the ball, I think something will happen.
For that reason, I'd say Lawrence has been more of a threat.
I'd be surprised if he isn't in the Prem next season.
Tom Lawrence on 10:38 - Apr 30 with 2340 viewsNo9

Tom Lawrence is a decent footballer = good by Div 2 standards but he certainly has a streak of stupidity in him that renders him unreliable
Will be a good PL player if properly mentored
Tom Lawrence on 13:06 - Apr 30 with 2167 viewsjas0999

Tom Lawrence on 09:22 - Apr 30 by Garv

Fraser was more consistent and Lswrence more exciting I would suggest. Gone off the boil recently.

He would need to prove he can do it more often. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Agree.
Tom Lawrence on 13:12 - Apr 30 with 2148 viewsmonty_radio

Both on their day pretty unplayable in this league. Lawrence temprament issues, Fraser, injuries. Fraser is not nailed on starter for Bournemouth, though can look pretty impressive; Lawrence might be similar in a similarly gifted side.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence on 13:35 - Apr 30 with 2096 viewsDeano69

Had a good spell this season but not convinced he is a Premier League regular starter personally.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Tom Lawrence on 13:57 - Apr 30 with 2060 viewsmonty_radio

Tom Lawrence on 13:35 - Apr 30 by Deano69

Had a good spell this season but not convinced he is a Premier League regular starter personally.

If so, apart from, perhaps Bart, no-one else is. Just shows how far off any sort of credible challenge we are.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Tom Lawrence on 14:13 - Apr 30 with 2025 viewstractorboy1978

Tom Lawrence on 09:22 - Apr 30 by Mullet

He's far more rounded than Fraser and yes, equally as good if not better. Let's not forget Fraser was also in a better side last season with far less injury problems and changes.

Lawrence was always destined to be the real deal here and deserves the credit for some excellent solo performances. If we'd have had a central focus up front for him to feed off we'd have a very decent season.

The first 2/3 months of the season he lacked end product and looked a bit Lee Martin. He has been fantastic for us since and a great loan signing. I really hope he kicks on, needs to be playing regular football as he's benefitted from that with us.
Tom Lawrence on 14:24 - Apr 30 with 2003 viewsClausThomsen

Fraser's better than Lawrence at the moment, I can't see Lawrence playing in the premiership (like Fraser has been) next season - although to be fair almost all of the goals he scored here would have beaten any premiership keeper.

I reckon he'll end up at one of the yo-yo clubs in the summer.
Tom Lawrence on 15:11 - Apr 30 with 1935 viewsjaykay

me and my fat finger,only went to see who had upped the o.p. and pushed down arrow by mistake.so upped arrowed it to make amends.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 15:12]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tom Lawrence on 16:35 - Apr 30 with 1857 viewsSteve_M

Tom Lawrence on 09:22 - Apr 30 by Mullet

He's also been quite inconsistent, rarely offering a great deal since his suspension at the end of February. Two months of superb goalscoring form but the rest if his time here has been more mixed. He was very good against Newcastle but pretty poor yesterday. That's partly the ankle injury and partly a player who hasn't played an enormous number of matches.

I suspect he'll go to whoever goes up through the play-offs or one of the related three.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tom Lawrence on 16:47 - Apr 30 with 1820 viewsFreddy

Not premiership standard but agree top championship player
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024