Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ABB's drinking tip of the day 09:31 - Apr 30 with 5331 viewsartsbossbeard

Don't be Billy big bollox in regard to 2 for 1 cocktails and expect to feel great in the morning.

My Sunday lunchtime session is currently in doubt.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 09:35 - Apr 30 with 4589 viewsHerbivore

What you need is a hair of the dog, the sooner the better.

If ever I go out for two for one cocktails I drink them like water, just can't help myself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 09:38 - Apr 30 with 4584 viewsWarkystache

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 09:35 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

What you need is a hair of the dog, the sooner the better.

If ever I go out for two for one cocktails I drink them like water, just can't help myself.

That's because they're watered down. Most bars/pubs who do two for one cocktails water them down with fruit juices or Coke. Or use cheap spirits. I used to love After Office Hours in Colchester for 241 Margaritas, until I noticed they used a cheaper Tequila and loads of sugar syrup with the lemon juice.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 09:44 - Apr 30 with 4563 viewsRoyKeanesDog

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 09:38 - Apr 30 by Warkystache

That's because they're watered down. Most bars/pubs who do two for one cocktails water them down with fruit juices or Coke. Or use cheap spirits. I used to love After Office Hours in Colchester for 241 Margaritas, until I noticed they used a cheaper Tequila and loads of sugar syrup with the lemon juice.

They'd use cheap spirits, but I doubt they would do half measures.

Poll: Best Football Song

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 10:31 - Apr 30 with 4497 viewsHerbivore

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 09:44 - Apr 30 by RoyKeanesDog

Yeah, this. They make them in front of you and they do use cheap spirits but they don't hold back on the measures.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 11:31 - Apr 30 with 4424 viewsLord_Lucan

Mother feels fine although I guess you had more than her.

You did look very gay though drinking those stupid things. I had just the one and it lasted about 2 seconds so I went on their naff lager. No ales or red wine available, that's the problem with these cocktail type bars.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 12:12 - Apr 30 with 4352 viewsLord_Lucan

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 09:44 - Apr 30 by RoyKeanesDog

But they aren't well loaded are they. The one I had last night tasted like a fruit juice. All the chavs see loads of fluids being sprayed in by the cocktail cock and think it's spirits when it's just flavoured syrup.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 12:34 - Apr 30 with 4323 viewsRoyKeanesDog

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 12:12 - Apr 30 by Lord_Lucan

But they aren't well loaded are they. The one I had last night tasted like a fruit juice. All the chavs see loads of fluids being sprayed in by the cocktail cock and think it's spirits when it's just flavoured syrup.

Of course they are the lowest quality 'cocktail' you could possibly imagine.

Anything called the 'Turquoise Tortoise' isn't going to attract the highest class of clientele.

Poll: Best Football Song

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 13:13 - Apr 30 with 4276 viewsartsbossbeard

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 12:34 - Apr 30 by RoyKeanesDog

Of course they are the lowest quality 'cocktail' you could possibly imagine.

Anything called the 'Turquoise Tortoise' isn't going to attract the highest class of clientele.

My downfall was a Japanese slipper or 3

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 16:22 - Apr 30 with 4187 viewscolchesterchris

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 11:31 - Apr 30 by Lord_Lucan

Mother feels fine although I guess you had more than her.

You did look very gay though drinking those stupid things. I had just the one and it lasted about 2 seconds so I went on their naff lager. No ales or red wine available, that's the problem with these cocktail type bars.

Nothing like a casual bit of homophobia on a Sunday afternoon...

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 18:09 - Apr 30 with 4134 viewsLord_Lucan

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 16:22 - Apr 30 by colchesterchris

I wouldn't call it homophobia, stereotyping maybe.

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 18:57 - Apr 30 with 4091 viewsJ2BLUE

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 16:22 - Apr 30 by colchesterchris

You're the one thinking 'looking gay' is a bad thing.

Homophobe.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 19:55 - Apr 30 with 4062 viewscolchesterchris

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 18:57 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

You're the one thinking 'looking gay' is a bad thing.

Homophobe.

Nonsense...I know LL wasn't making a deliberately anti-gay point, it's just a reminded of how deep rooted some of our language is.

"You did look very gay though drinking those stupid things" - it's hardly a compliment unless stupid is now a positive? You're better than that logic :)

In all seriousness though, It's comments like that that make it harder for those that don't fit that inaccurate stereotype to feel brave enough to come out, and therefore keep these things bottled up inside.

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 19:58 - Apr 30 with 4053 viewscolchesterchris

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 18:09 - Apr 30 by Lord_Lucan

I wouldn't call it homophobia, stereotyping maybe.

Not for a minute suggesting you were/are homophobic.

Semantics though, as whilst you weren't being homophobic, and were just stereotyping, the stereotype itself can be a form of homophobia.

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 20:03 - Apr 30 with 4038 viewsJ2BLUE

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 19:55 - Apr 30 by colchesterchris

Nonsense...I know LL wasn't making a deliberately anti-gay point, it's just a reminded of how deep rooted some of our language is.

"You did look very gay though drinking those stupid things" - it's hardly a compliment unless stupid is now a positive? You're better than that logic :)

In all seriousness though, It's comments like that that make it harder for those that don't fit that inaccurate stereotype to feel brave enough to come out, and therefore keep these things bottled up inside.

I'm all for tolerance, I just don't think Lucan's comment was homophobic at all.

Truly impaired.

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 20:07 - Apr 30 with 4025 viewscolchesterchris

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 20:03 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

I'm all for tolerance, I just don't think Lucan's comment was homophobic at all.

So what is it then, to "look gay"?

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 08:40 - May 1 with 3889 viewsbluebud

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 19:55 - Apr 30 by colchesterchris

"In all seriousness though, It's comments like that that make it harder for those that don't fit that inaccurate stereotype to feel brave enough to come out, and therefore keep these things bottled up inside."

No it isn't. It's the sort of harmless comment that virtue signallers like you will take and use to boost their own virtue points on a message board like this. With all the advances in our society and culture round LGBT members inc gay marriage then I don't believe it's the sort of comment that would prevent someone from coming out......I didn't even notice it, in fact the comment had been there for three hours in the afternoon......you're the only one who did (pretended to care).
[Post edited 1 May 2017 8:42]
ABB's drinking tip of the day on 09:42 - May 1 with 3840 viewsLord_Lucan

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 08:40 - May 1 by bluebud

"In all seriousness though, It's comments like that that make it harder for those that don't fit that inaccurate stereotype to feel brave enough to come out, and therefore keep these things bottled up inside."

No it isn't. It's the sort of harmless comment that virtue signallers like you will take and use to boost their own virtue points on a message board like this. With all the advances in our society and culture round LGBT members inc gay marriage then I don't believe it's the sort of comment that would prevent someone from coming out......I didn't even notice it, in fact the comment had been there for three hours in the afternoon......you're the only one who did (pretended to care).

I must admit I was taken aback with the reply but decided not to reply further in case it fuelled the fire.

It is too easy to become offended these days and once we lose the ability to rip the p1ss out of each other we are doomed.

My old local had it's fair amount of gay people in there due to it having a gay landlord, many a happy hour was spent having a laugh and winding each other up. Surely it's better to be that way and treat everyone as equal.

Ditto blacks, asians etc.

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 10:59 - May 1 with 3793 viewscolchesterchris

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 08:40 - May 1 by bluebud

This isn't a virtue signalling point. If you demean any opinion that someone holds in support of a particular community as virtue signalling that's just lazy. My message history hardly demonstrates an urge to comment/achieve these points you're talking about. This is just an area that through work in the past, I have a passionate view on.

See below, I'm not calling Lucan a homophobe, my dad would probably use the same language and its institutionalised to an extent. The language is homophobic though.

Challenge the views as much as you like, but not my right/motivations for having them.

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/sites/default/files/tackling_homophobic_language_-_

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 11:45 - May 1 with 3753 viewsJ2BLUE

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 20:07 - Apr 30 by colchesterchris

Sorry, I found something better to do last night than debate this

I think Lucan has answered this point. Are we going to have a complete lack of tolerance for anything like this or are we going to treat everyone equally which includes a gentle bit of piss taking?

Truly impaired.

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 11:47 - May 1 with 3750 viewsbluebud

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 10:59 - May 1 by colchesterchris

This isn't a virtue signalling point. If you demean any opinion that someone holds in support of a particular community as virtue signalling that's just lazy. My message history hardly demonstrates an urge to comment/achieve these points you're talking about. This is just an area that through work in the past, I have a passionate view on.

See below, I'm not calling Lucan a homophobe, my dad would probably use the same language and its institutionalised to an extent. The language is homophobic though.

Challenge the views as much as you like, but not my right/motivations for having them.

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/sites/default/files/tackling_homophobic_language_-_

Thanks, after reading your post and thinking about it I've came to the conclusion that i'm still absolutely right.

This was a thread about drinks and people drinking too much the night before.

No gay people have agreed with you in the near twenty hours the threads been up.

I never said you did call Lucan anything...he admittedly said he was taken aback by your post......absolutely nobody else did.

Im not saying any points are virtue signalling in particular.........i'm saying that are.
ABB's drinking tip of the day on 11:52 - May 1 with 3739 viewscolchesterchris

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 11:47 - May 1 by bluebud

Thanks, after reading your post and thinking about it I've came to the conclusion that i'm still absolutely right.

No gay people have agreed with you in the near twenty hours the threads been up.

I never said you did call Lucan anything...he admittedly said he was taken aback by your post......absolutely nobody else did.

Im not saying any points are virtue signalling in particular.........i'm saying that are.

Why would it have to be gay people that agree with me? It's just instantly divisive in a them/us way.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 11:52]

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 11:54 - May 1 with 3732 viewscolchesterchris

I'm also guessing you didn't take any time to read the report I linked to? Or decided that the views didn't match your own therefore it wasn't worth commenting on?

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 12:09 - May 1 with 3706 viewscolchesterchris

You are right about this not being a thread about that though, so I will take it elsewhere rather than hijacking this thread any more!

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 13:24 - May 1 with 3606 viewsArcher4721

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 20:07 - Apr 30 by colchesterchris

light-hearted and carefree.

"Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"
synonyms: cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, light-hearted, mirthful, jovial, glad, happy, bright, in good spirits, in high spirits, joyful, elated, exuberant, animated, lively, sprightly, vivacious, buoyant, bouncy, bubbly, perky, effervescent, playful, frolicsome;
ABB's drinking tip of the day on 16:50 - May 1 with 3490 viewsBenters

ABB's drinking tip of the day on 13:24 - May 1 by Archer4721

light-hearted and carefree.

"Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"
synonyms: cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, light-hearted, mirthful, jovial, glad, happy, bright, in good spirits, in high spirits, joyful, elated, exuberant, animated, lively, sprightly, vivacious, buoyant, bouncy, bubbly, perky, effervescent, playful, frolicsome;

'the good old days '

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024