Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half time refreshments yesterday 13:11 - Apr 30 with 9811 viewsartsbossbeard

As is my want, I tend to go down a couple of minutes early for a wee and no queues for a beer.

On arrival at the bar and whilst the first half is still playing, there was 1x bottle of ipa and 6x bottles of cider left.

Madness.

EDIT: I've just remembered something else. I ordered the 1x remaining ipa and a bottle of cider. Both were in plastic bottles, of course.

The ipa was poured into a plastic glass for me and I was given the bottle of cider sans bottle top. Why one and not the other? Why bother pouring at all, just give me the plastic glasses and I'll sort?

Madness x2
[Post edited 2 May 2017 11:47]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:20 - Apr 30 with 4694 viewsBasuco

I tried to get my son-in-law to a few Town games a year or two ago to convert him to Ipswich, as a Northern lad from Wigan/Warrington area he was not amused to be told on his first trip to PR they had run out of meat pies, daughter said his face was a picture when he was offered a vegetarian pie.
Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:26 - Apr 30 with 4635 viewsLord_Lucan

For a while their stock of red wine was one mini bottle per Upper SBR bar. I had to have one in the Cobbold side bar and walk to The Britannia side bar and buy that bottle before they sold it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:29 - Apr 30 with 4640 viewswitchdoctor

you ok hun ? x
Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:30 - Apr 30 with 4621 viewsartsbossbeard

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:29 - Apr 30 by witchdoctor

you ok hun ? x

Textbook.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:30 - Apr 30 with 4613 viewswitchdoctor

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:30 - Apr 30 by artsbossbeard

Textbook.

he he...tap in..
Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:37 - Apr 30 with 4584 viewsDeano69

Running stock down, seem to do that every season. Nothing bottled would keep for 3 months of course, oh.

While on the subject, the hot drinks are appalling
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 13:38]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:38 - Apr 30 with 4584 viewsRyorry

Courtesy of our owner, who supposedly made his fortune from starting up and running a global corporate sports hospitality "organisation".

An "organisation" that would seem to contravene the Trades Descriptions act! - can't organise a p1ss-up at his own football club at h-t!

If terrestrial TV wanted to create a sit-com based on the situation, it'd never get the financial backing - would be dismissed as too far-fetched!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:44 - Apr 30 with 4524 viewsRegencyBlue

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:38 - Apr 30 by Ryorry

Courtesy of our owner, who supposedly made his fortune from starting up and running a global corporate sports hospitality "organisation".

An "organisation" that would seem to contravene the Trades Descriptions act! - can't organise a p1ss-up at his own football club at h-t!

If terrestrial TV wanted to create a sit-com based on the situation, it'd never get the financial backing - would be dismissed as too far-fetched!!

That's the 'intelligence' behind the corporate entertainment empire then!
Login to get fewer ads

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:47 - Apr 30 with 4511 viewsjeera

I just don't get it.

There must be so much money to be made from a captive audience of thousands. Is the Town such small fry to his enterprise that it's hardly worth bothering with?

I wish he'd actively look for another buyer. Maybe he is - I dunno.

Would it be picky ABB to point out 'wont?

I won't, just in case.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:54 - Apr 30 with 4468 viewsRyorry

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:47 - Apr 30 by jeera

I just don't get it.

There must be so much money to be made from a captive audience of thousands. Is the Town such small fry to his enterprise that it's hardly worth bothering with?

I won't, just in case.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that despite never having run my own business, I'm 100% certain I could run the management of our ground better myself, and would be happy to place a chunky charity bet on that.

Neither Evans nor Milne understand football or football fans, simply don't care, and it shows. But that's such a failure of comprehension or action even in general business terms.

#LookAfterYourCustomers

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:56 - Apr 30 with 4453 viewsjas0999

The catering services at ITFC is about as good as the entertainment on the pitch. The whole club is in serious decline. Badly run.
Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:58 - Apr 30 with 4424 viewsjeera

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:54 - Apr 30 by Ryorry

I'm not exaggerating when I say that despite never having run my own business, I'm 100% certain I could run the management of our ground better myself, and would be happy to place a chunky charity bet on that.

Neither Evans nor Milne understand football or football fans, simply don't care, and it shows. But that's such a failure of comprehension or action even in general business terms.

#LookAfterYourCustomers

Well this is it. As others have demonstrated on this thread the complacency is fecking alarming.

You've got 15 minutes to turn over a few grand - crack on and get it done.

Have your pint cups lined up and the second that whistle blows start filling them by the dozen.

Get those pies out the oven and into packaging ready to go.

It's not complicated.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 13:59]

Half time refreshments yesterday on 14:16 - Apr 30 with 4326 viewsBanburyBlue

as well as all that they dont even take credit card payments.......

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Half time refreshments yesterday on 14:29 - Apr 30 with 4287 viewsjeera

Half time refreshments yesterday on 14:16 - Apr 30 by BanburyBlue

as well as all that they dont even take credit card payments.......

But that makes sense, in as much as speedy service required.

But now with contactless... I assume they are set up for that?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 14:56 - Apr 30 with 4186 viewsIllinoisblue

Half time refreshments yesterday on 13:47 - Apr 30 by jeera

I just don't get it.

I won't, just in case.

I'm not so sure. Say you have 5k people in the North Stand. Assuming most normal people will drink in pubs beforehand that leaves 15 minutes at half time to serve that captive audience of probably 20% at most of that 5k who will bother trying to get a beer. Need to quickly sell a lot of stuff to turn a profit.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 14:57]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 15:01 - Apr 30 with 4139 viewsRyorry

Half time refreshments yesterday on 14:56 - Apr 30 by Illinoisblue

I'm not so sure. Say you have 5k people in the North Stand. Assuming most normal people will drink in pubs beforehand that leaves 15 minutes at half time to serve that captive audience of probably 20% at most of that 5k who will bother trying to get a beer. Need to quickly sell a lot of stuff to turn a profit.

And would "quickly sell a lot of stuff to turn a profit" - if they had they stuff, the staff & someone had bothered to spend a couple of hours organising it ...

Half time refreshments yesterday on 15:05 - Apr 30 with 4103 viewsIllinoisblue

And the sitcom would be underpinned by the great irony of the world's biggest ticket, erm, reseller, having his club play in a half empty stadium.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 15:06 - Apr 30 with 4088 viewsRyorry

Half time refreshments yesterday on 14:29 - Apr 30 by jeera

But that makes sense, in as much as speedy service required.

But now with contactless... I assume they are set up for that?

I wouldn't assume anything - feels almost as though set up to fail. Very odd. But why would they do that, what possible business/financial reasons could there be? And even if there were any, surely the awful publicity re the state of the club would negate all else?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 15:07 - Apr 30 with 4086 viewsjeera

Half time refreshments yesterday on 14:56 - Apr 30 by Illinoisblue

You could easily tease 3 grand from a few hundred.

And the better it's run, the more will use it.

And this is just half time.

Everything, each and every detail adds up to the match day experience as it were. And these people are supposed to be professionals.

Half time refreshments yesterday on 15:34 - Apr 30 with 4009 viewssticklegs

They're hopeless.....as others have said it's not that complicated. You know when the demand is so you have loads of drinks lined up ready to go (as they do in Theatres at the interval) hot stuff out of the oven a few mins before half time, ready of sell, someone selling just cans of beer.....it's bloody obvious. I gave up ages ago when at one match they ran out of milk for the tea, had no coffee... I've gone old school and take a flask!
Half time refreshments yesterday on 15:48 - Apr 30 with 3950 viewsfactual_blue

So, just about enough for you then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Half time refreshments yesterday on 16:14 - Apr 30 with 3881 viewsazuremerlangus

The first shareholders AGM we didn't get a tea or coffee refreshments. We did get a free pint at the end which is useful when everyone probably drove.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 16:19 - Apr 30 with 3849 viewsRyorry

Half time refreshments yesterday on 16:14 - Apr 30 by azuremerlangus

The first shareholders AGM we didn't get a tea or coffee refreshments. We did get a free pint at the end which is useful when everyone probably drove.

Sounds typical - I'm one of the shareholders too, but wasn't able to go owing to distance.

Someone on another thread I just saw said that they'd (North Stand I think but could be wrong) run out of lager yesterday, and couldn't serve bitter as they had to change the barrel - at ht!

Half time refreshments yesterday on 16:34 - Apr 30 with 3790 viewsazuremerlangus

Half time refreshments yesterday on 16:19 - Apr 30 by Ryorry

Sounds typical - I'm one of the shareholders too, but wasn't able to go owing to distance.

Someone on another thread I just saw said that they'd (North Stand I think but could be wrong) run out of lager yesterday, and couldn't serve bitter as they had to change the barrel - at ht!

I must admit the the whole experience yesterday was sh*t. I bought 2 hot chocolates and got told that I would need to give them a stir - this was just as the 2nd half was kicking off and there was no queue... fantastic customer service. Compare this with somewhere like Brighton who have guest ales and pie of the week (and they are fu*king lush!). I recently went to see the NY yankees and whilst also not cheap the array of food and drink on offer was impressive.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Half time refreshments yesterday on 16:44 - Apr 30 with 3766 viewsnoggin

But would you accept poor service if we were playing attractive football?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024