Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! 16:22 - Apr 30 with 1921 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/30/kim-jong-may-awkward-and-incred

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 18:47 - Apr 30 with 1841 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chuckle. Didn't see any of the interviews, but it's an entertaining write up although presumably with a good dose of artistic license.

Strong and stable Tories. Have put us in our most unstable and potentially weakest position of influence in several generations, yet they seriously think people will fall for this?

They're as strong and stable as much as £350m per week is going to go to the NHS. It's bollox.

Still being given a free ride though, sadly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 18:48 - Apr 30 with 1842 viewsbournemouthblue

has she actually put forward any policies yet?

If she has, they seem to be lost behind all the soundbites

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 18:59 - Apr 30 with 1830 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 18:48 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

I'm sure they're strong and stable. See saws across the land are probably being welded up as we speak...

It's a sham.

I've only heard of the tax promise to not increase VAT and income tax mentioned in that article, although obviously there will be stealth taxes instead - always are. Why can't they just be open and honest? So no deep thinking so far.

And are people really so shallow that a well argued increase on taxes would be a massive vote loser? I'd be prepared to pay more to have improved services, don't see the problem with that at all. Let's frame it in terms of what happens in countries that have public services ee often hold up as exemplar (thinking about Nordic countries here). When my missus lived in Sweden she paid a fortune in tax, but you knew it was being wisely spent and it wasn't an issue.

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:04 - Apr 30 with 1819 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 18:47 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

Chuckle. Didn't see any of the interviews, but it's an entertaining write up although presumably with a good dose of artistic license.

Strong and stable Tories. Have put us in our most unstable and potentially weakest position of influence in several generations, yet they seriously think people will fall for this?

They're as strong and stable as much as £350m per week is going to go to the NHS. It's bollox.

Still being given a free ride though, sadly.

I was particularly pleased to see that she was so firmly in favour of "strong and stable " gay sex !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:06 - Apr 30 with 1817 viewsfactual_blue

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 18:59 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

I'm sure they're strong and stable. See saws across the land are probably being welded up as we speak...

It's a sham.

I've only heard of the tax promise to not increase VAT and income tax mentioned in that article, although obviously there will be stealth taxes instead - always are. Why can't they just be open and honest? So no deep thinking so far.

And are people really so shallow that a well argued increase on taxes would be a massive vote loser? I'd be prepared to pay more to have improved services, don't see the problem with that at all. Let's frame it in terms of what happens in countries that have public services ee often hold up as exemplar (thinking about Nordic countries here). When my missus lived in Sweden she paid a fortune in tax, but you knew it was being wisely spent and it wasn't an issue.

theresa is strong - in the sense of the strong smell of dung.

And theresa is stable - in the sense that she's an old nag who lives in one.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:07 - Apr 30 with 1808 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:04 - Apr 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

I was particularly pleased to see that she was so firmly in favour of "strong and stable " gay sex !

'Vigorous and adventurous' would make a better strapline!

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:10 - Apr 30 with 1803 viewsgordon

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-election-latest-scotla

This is brilliant strong and stable leadership too.
Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:10 - Apr 30 with 1804 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:06 - Apr 30 by factual_blue

theresa is strong - in the sense of the strong smell of dung.

And theresa is stable - in the sense that she's an old nag who lives in one.

Insult to old nags that. I've never liked the woman. Even die hards like Glassers know she's a wrong un. And that's party politics aside; just can't stand her and would trust her even if she was family.

Login to get fewer ads

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:29 - Apr 30 with 1783 viewsm14_blue

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 18:48 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

I fear this election could be a new low point for our politics, which is saying something after the truly dreadful brexit campaigns from both sides.

It seems that brexit and trump have shown that trite slogans can be more effective than detailed policies and therefore some marketing spin doctor has come up with 'strong and stable' which is now used in lieu of even attempting to answer questions properly.

Labour are just as bad, heard one of theirs on 5live earlier failing abysmally to answer some fairly untaxing questions and just mumbling something about 'the many, not the few'.

It shows complete disdain for the electorate, incredibly depressing.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 19:29]
Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:50 - Apr 30 with 1751 viewsfactual_blue

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:10 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

Insult to old nags that. I've never liked the woman. Even die hards like Glassers know she's a wrong un. And that's party politics aside; just can't stand her and would trust her even if she was family.

She lives near George Clooney.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:51 - Apr 30 with 1752 viewsbournemouthblue

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 18:59 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

It's a sham.

I've no doubt that's what Corbyn wants for Britain ultimately

Higher tax, better services, less income equality, less money pumped into arms and war

Is that really such a bad thing?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 20:41 - Apr 30 with 1712 viewsTexaco73

Reminds me of Hot Fuzz..
...the greater good...
Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 22:40 - Apr 30 with 1618 viewsStokieBlue

Our strong, stable leader...Kim Jong-May ! on 19:51 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

I've no doubt that's what Corbyn wants for Britain ultimately

Higher tax, better services, less income equality, less money pumped into arms and war

Is that really such a bad thing?

The Telegraph article I just read said Corbyn had used putting up corporation tax to pay for 13 pledges thus far. It's not an infinite well of money unfortunately.

Will you support the higher tax if it hits you significantly? Or only if it's on the perceived rich and corporations?

Less wars obviously a very admirable aim as long as it doesn't give people a free hand to do horrible things

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024