Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... 17:49 - May 7 with 5447 viewsitfcjoe

....if we were close to going down, or even went down, or had an owner who was a proper shambles.

This season has been poor, and whilst I think Mick should go, we go again in August.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:52 - May 7 with 2321 viewshoofer

Let's hope it isn't with some of the shower that played today.I would keep Huws,Bart,Webster, the rest are decent league 1 standard.
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:53 - May 7 with 2306 viewsitfcjoe

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:52 - May 7 by hoofer

Let's hope it isn't with some of the shower that played today.I would keep Huws,Bart,Webster, the rest are decent league 1 standard.

Squad certainly needs an overhaul

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:53 - May 7 with 2302 viewsSitfcB

Our first real bad season under MM? He deserves the chance to try and rectify it. He'll be as disappointed as most with this season.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:53 - May 7 with 2299 viewsTractorWood

The belligerent 'don't know you're born' post has already been done by Libero. Some people care that we were awful today, some think it was a nothing game that has no impact, some think it was bad enough to cancel their ST (which feels a bit bizarre).

However, we should all be worried about next season if there aren't pervasive changes from top to bottom.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 17:55]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:55 - May 7 with 2277 viewsLankHenners

I'm actually quite looking forward to what the summer will bring. I know Ipswich Town Football Club and 'looking forward to things' has ended in disappointment in recent times but it will be interesting to see how the club manages what needs to be done - i.e. a squad overhaul and busy transfer window.

The development of the younger players is something to look forward to at the very least.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:55 - May 7 with 2272 viewstractorboy1978

Do you see much changing next season?
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:56 - May 7 with 2263 viewsJ2BLUE

When MM comes back for pre season it will be time for people to decide what side of the fence they are on. They can support the club or actively work against the club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:00 - May 7 with 2235 viewsitfcjoe

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:53 - May 7 by TractorWood

The belligerent 'don't know you're born' post has already been done by Libero. Some people care that we were awful today, some think it was a nothing game that has no impact, some think it was bad enough to cancel their ST (which feels a bit bizarre).

However, we should all be worried about next season if there aren't pervasive changes from top to bottom.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 17:55]

I hadn't seen that one, but when you see some posts opposed to people supporting clubs in serious problems it is all a bit OTT

Agree with last para, I was annoyed at how we collapsed as game was there for the taking really

Login to get fewer ads

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:06 - May 7 with 2184 viewsSuperfrans

The lack of self awareness - or first understanding of what other clubs' fans are going through, as a result of real mismanagement - is breaktaking.

It's all pretty childish and reeks of self-pity, in truth.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:08 - May 7 with 2173 viewsBenters

4 points from going down and our owner doesnt give a toss .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:09 - May 7 with 2159 viewstaximan

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:08 - May 7 by Benters

but apart from that
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:11 - May 7 with 2156 viewsTrequartista

it's that sort of attitude that means the owner and manager think everything's alright and the decline will continue until we eventually go down.

"we go again in August". that just means nothing - like magically things will improve with no changes.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 18:11]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:11 - May 7 with 2153 viewsRobTheMonk

Murphy overshadowed so many cracks with his wonder season. Bart and Lawrence have done similar this time around.

The back line actually looks okay for the start of next season. Webster, Smith, Chambers, Taylor on a pay as you play if he's fit, Spence if he signs, Knudsen and the yong lads coming through.

Midfield needs a kick up the arse.

We simply have to replace Lawrence with someone of a similar calibre whether that's a loan or someone steps up. It could be a Murphy situation all over again (only this time we have months to sort out the mess).

We need goals as well. Sears has not been at the races for months now. Pittman has been frozen out. I'm willing to give Moore a pre season but at the moment he doesn't look up to the level. Samuel looks like he'd benefit from a loan lower down the leagues. Didz is a creator. I hope Morris ontinues to develop.

Lots of thinking for MM and ME to do over the summer.
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:11 - May 7 with 2144 viewsHerbivore

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:08 - May 7 by Benters

How do you know he doesn't give a toss?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:15 - May 7 with 2123 viewsBenters

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:09 - May 7 by taximan

but apart from that

Yes apart from that Joe is spot on !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:16 - May 7 with 2112 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 17:53 - May 7 by SitfcB

Our first real bad season under MM? He deserves the chance to try and rectify it. He'll be as disappointed as most with this season.

Agreed

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:23 - May 7 with 2075 viewsGuthrum

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:11 - May 7 by Trequartista

it's that sort of attitude that means the owner and manager think everything's alright and the decline will continue until we eventually go down.

"we go again in August". that just means nothing - like magically things will improve with no changes.

You think the owner and manager haven't noticed the results, the poor finishing position, the unhappy fans? If they're that dense, then we're doomed anyway, whatever the fans may say on the internet.

Things will not magically change. However, what has happened this season should be enought to inspire those in charge to think seriously about what needs to happen.

Of course there is a place for optimism about the forthcoming transfer window and next season. Without that - even faint - hope that things will improve, we may as well give up supporting Ipswich, or following football entirely.

Plus everyone starts from zero points. Things may go our way. Injuries may not blight our squad. The youth may turn out to have talent. The transfers - even free ones and loans - may genuinely boost the squad. If we gat a new manager, he may turn out to be brilliantly successful; if not, we know McCarthy's at least a tough competitor. Heck, there might even be a little budget to spend. All is still to play for.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:26 - May 7 with 2051 viewsClausThomsen

It's relative though, this is our worst season and league finish in most supporters lifetimes, whether we were close to going down or went down the reaction wouldn't be too far off.

This is the pits.

A new manager would inspire optimism, the fact we're gonna stew in the swamp for another season kills it.
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:27 - May 7 with 2044 viewsGarv

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:23 - May 7 by Guthrum

You think the owner and manager haven't noticed the results, the poor finishing position, the unhappy fans? If they're that dense, then we're doomed anyway, whatever the fans may say on the internet.

Things will not magically change. However, what has happened this season should be enought to inspire those in charge to think seriously about what needs to happen.

Of course there is a place for optimism about the forthcoming transfer window and next season. Without that - even faint - hope that things will improve, we may as well give up supporting Ipswich, or following football entirely.

Plus everyone starts from zero points. Things may go our way. Injuries may not blight our squad. The youth may turn out to have talent. The transfers - even free ones and loans - may genuinely boost the squad. If we gat a new manager, he may turn out to be brilliantly successful; if not, we know McCarthy's at least a tough competitor. Heck, there might even be a little budget to spend. All is still to play for.

If it's only taken this season to make them think about a different strategy then that's worrying in itself.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:30 - May 7 with 2024 viewstractorboy1978

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:06 - May 7 by Superfrans

The lack of self awareness - or first understanding of what other clubs' fans are going through, as a result of real mismanagement - is breaktaking.

There are several clubs in much more bother than us from mismanagement and I am glad we have not suffered their misfortunes. However, just because another club is being run worse, it doesn't mean you should not question and challenge what is going on with yours. This is the same in business and most things in life, you can only worry about yourself when it comes down to it.

The club look to have lost 20-25% of their season ticket holders for next season, so they've done something wrong. The mass walkout isn't purely because people are being childish. It's because for whatever reason (and there appear to be a few) fans are not happy with things on and off the pitch.
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:31 - May 7 with 2017 viewsGuthrum

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:27 - May 7 by Garv

If it's only taken this season to make them think about a different strategy then that's worrying in itself.

7th wasn't a bad finish, our second best in the preceding ten seasons. Only needed a bit of a tweak to improve again.

Instead, we sold a key player without properly replacing him. One hopes they never make that mistake again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:34 - May 7 with 1999 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:06 - May 7 by Superfrans

Some of the things people post when they clearly — and in some cases self-admittedly — don't engage with any football beyond Town are astonishing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:34 - May 7 with 2005 viewsRegencyBlue

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:23 - May 7 by Guthrum

Well I take your point but would say this.

If the rumours about the season ticket renewal pricing are true, that it was directly down to Evans prices were raised as they were, and he ignored advice from within the club not to do it then he hasn't shown much evidence of noticing unhappy fans up to now!
I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:37 - May 7 with 1969 viewsITFC_Forever

We'll find out in 12 months.

And as for pointing out other clubs who are in a worse position than us, with all due respect to them, I don't care about them. I want ITFC to be the best they can be and under this owner / manager combination, we're a long way from that.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:40 - May 7 with 1947 viewshoppy

I'd hate to think how some people would react.... on 18:11 - May 7 by Trequartista

Where did Joe say about going again in August with no changes?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024