Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milne is right, A massive rebuilding is needed: BUT- 18:18 - May 7 with 740 viewswkj

However, surely it would be clear to me that if a massive rebuilding is going to happen, a change of Manager is needed to go along with that? The problem we have now is ***IF*** Mick gets to rebuild and gets a decent team together, we finish in and around the playoffs, and then he goes at the end of his contract, he has put a team together which the next manager may not be able to work with so well.

Problem being is if ME decides to invest in significant squad building this year, he's not likely going to repeat it next year- and with a new manager unable to invest in his team; the cycle continues.

The club has played a very very poor hand with the fans this year, one of the worst I've ever seen them play in my life time - so in my mind only three options make a lick of sense:

1. They need to invest in Mick, extend his contract and financially invest in the squad so he has a few years with the money he never had to really make a difference and not plug the gaps.

2. They need let Mick run out his contract and really scout good managers who can work with you at this level, and hope we can grind another year of so/so success

and the popular vote I'm sure

3. Cut their losses with Mick, get a new manager in sooner rather than later, invest in him with plenty of time to get his support staff and scouting underway before the season starts.

But again, Investing in the squad with a manager who looks all but gone at the end of his contract has to be the stupidest thing they could do; and looks most likely to do.

[Post edited 7 May 2017 18:19]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Milne is right, A massive rebuilding is needed: BUT- on 18:21 - May 7 with 701 viewsVaughan8

Or

Don't invest heavily but get a manager in with a different philsophy and hope it works.

I can't see Evans putting a load of money in so it is either stick with what we have, or look elsewhere, but it will be a similar budget.

Sticking with what we have got will probably end up similar to this season. I just don't think Evans wants to take a risk in bringing someone else in, and we end up lower/relegated. However surely it could easily work the3 other way round.

I don't think we will go down with Mick in charge as we will always grind out results, but the football (to watch) is terrible most games.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 18:23]
Milne is right, A massive rebuilding is needed: BUT- on 18:24 - May 7 with 675 viewswkj

Milne is right, A massive rebuilding is needed: BUT- on 18:21 - May 7 by Vaughan8

Or

Don't invest heavily but get a manager in with a different philsophy and hope it works.

I can't see Evans putting a load of money in so it is either stick with what we have, or look elsewhere, but it will be a similar budget.

Sticking with what we have got will probably end up similar to this season. I just don't think Evans wants to take a risk in bringing someone else in, and we end up lower/relegated. However surely it could easily work the3 other way round.

I don't think we will go down with Mick in charge as we will always grind out results, but the football (to watch) is terrible most games.
[Post edited 7 May 2017 18:23]

Getting a new manager in and hoping for the best has about been Evans' track record aiye.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Milne is right, A massive rebuilding is needed: BUT- on 18:26 - May 7 with 656 viewsGuthrum

Decent players are decent players. If McCarthy builds a successful team next season, any new manager worth his salt ought to be able to come in and make it work for him, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024