Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect 12:59 - May 8 with 3161 viewsWadeyBlue

On the decline for the last 18 months, and also how not many like him, and come to the conclusion " fk it, i dont need this sh1t anymore." Then do the good thing and resign.

A few weeks away may make him see that a fresh start elsewhere is whats needed.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:32 - May 8 with 3076 viewsJ2BLUE

More likely to reinvigorate him and make him want to change the fans' opinions of him.

Every preseason he talks about how great it is to be back. He isn't going to walk away.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:33 - May 8 with 3072 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer, because when you're sitting on £1million a year that's really what you're going to think, isn't it?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:56 - May 8 with 3047 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Actually think the last thing we need is Mick jetting off on holiday with the uncertainty surrounding him still up in the air.

This needs to be resolved one way or another very quickly IMO. If Mick is leaving then announce it this week, if he is staying then I want a statement from Evans saying that Mick has his full support in pretty much the same time scale etc, its the least the club can give the fans.

There's no point in Mick going away on holiday for a few weeks and then deciding he doesn't want to carry on-that's no good to us and Evans shouldn't allow it. We need to make the most of this summer if we are changing manager and cant afford to let any time slip by us. Fingers crossed for the next few days.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:58 - May 8 with 3063 viewsPhilTWTD

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:56 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Actually think the last thing we need is Mick jetting off on holiday with the uncertainty surrounding him still up in the air.

This needs to be resolved one way or another very quickly IMO. If Mick is leaving then announce it this week, if he is staying then I want a statement from Evans saying that Mick has his full support in pretty much the same time scale etc, its the least the club can give the fans.

There's no point in Mick going away on holiday for a few weeks and then deciding he doesn't want to carry on-that's no good to us and Evans shouldn't allow it. We need to make the most of this summer if we are changing manager and cant afford to let any time slip by us. Fingers crossed for the next few days.

Mick said he would be continuing his meetings with ME - they have already met at least once recently that I'm aware of - and deciding the budget before he goes off on his hols.
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:00 - May 8 with 3029 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:58 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

Mick said he would be continuing his meetings with ME - they have already met at least once recently that I'm aware of - and deciding the budget before he goes off on his hols.

Sounds fairly final when you put it like that.

Do you think Mick will stay regardless of budget? Whether its £1 million of £10 million?

So depressed at the thought of another season with Mick in charge.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:06]

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:04 - May 8 with 3005 viewsbontcho

Presumably the priorities for Mick before he takes a break are
1. to sort the budget
2. try to tie down Huws and Spence
3. target at least one striker
4. make a decision on Berra
5. arrange pre season games

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:06 - May 8 with 2993 viewshype313

So he's clearly staying then Phil.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:08 - May 8 with 2986 viewsKieran_Knows

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:06 - May 8 by hype313

So he's clearly staying then Phil.

I must admit, I thought he'd go once we were safe, but since then he seems determined as ever to turn it round here.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:09 - May 8 with 3014 viewsPhilTWTD

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:00 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Sounds fairly final when you put it like that.

Do you think Mick will stay regardless of budget? Whether its £1 million of £10 million?

So depressed at the thought of another season with Mick in charge.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:06]

I don't think MM will be going of his own volition, put it like that. I assume he's been given some indication of the level of budget and he has said before that ME is as determined as him that the club should get back to being competitive, which would seem to suggest that the budget will increase to some extent at least.

The question is whether ME decides that a change is needed. I don't get the impression that ME has lost faith in MM - and I would guess the opinion he seeks from elsewhere in football would be supportive of MM and the job he has done here - but obviously is aware that he's less than popular with fans and that that is to a great extent why season ticket sales have dipped under 10,000, which equates to a drop in income of around a million quid.

It might be interesting that Ian Milne's recent comments on MM's future have been less certain in their backing of him than previously but that is probably him being deliberately non-committal because any decision hasn't yet been made and will be down to ME not him.
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:12 - May 8 with 2973 viewsWadeyBlue

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:33 - May 8 by Kieran_Knows

Yer, because when you're sitting on £1million a year that's really what you're going to think, isn't it?

Think of it relative to what his personal fortune probably is. All the clubs he managed inc Ireland probably puts him in the 'quite rich managers' club.

Put it this way if it was me and the amount left on my contract was a million, and i had a personal fortune of say 10 million ( which is probably less than his ) i would walk after yesterday's game with my head held high knowing i not only saved Ipswich from relegation twice but also got them in the playoffs.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:14]

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:17 - May 8 with 2961 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:09 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I don't think MM will be going of his own volition, put it like that. I assume he's been given some indication of the level of budget and he has said before that ME is as determined as him that the club should get back to being competitive, which would seem to suggest that the budget will increase to some extent at least.

The question is whether ME decides that a change is needed. I don't get the impression that ME has lost faith in MM - and I would guess the opinion he seeks from elsewhere in football would be supportive of MM and the job he has done here - but obviously is aware that he's less than popular with fans and that that is to a great extent why season ticket sales have dipped under 10,000, which equates to a drop in income of around a million quid.

It might be interesting that Ian Milne's recent comments on MM's future have been less certain in their backing of him than previously but that is probably him being deliberately non-committal because any decision hasn't yet been made and will be down to ME not him.

That doesnt surprise me, Mick is probably loved more outside of Ipswich than he is in it right now

Am so bored of other pundits & people outside of the club etc telling us how great Mick is and what a fantastic job he is doing, they arent the ones having to watch the current dross served up. Maybe we can give them all a season ticket and ask them again in a years time what they think, god knows we will have more than enough seats to go round next season.

As for Milne, he will always back Evans as the two have worked together for a while I believe-seems to have been fairly quiet lately which I have found interesting. Maybe after his recent radio interviews he has been pulled from PR duties as it seemed to do more damage than good.

If Evans does still have faith in Mick then he will be staying. In that case then cant Evans just put out a statement saying that he is backing Mick and he will be in charge next season. Or are the club worried that they will lose even more season tickets if they do that???
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:27]

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:17 - May 8 with 2952 viewshadleighboyblue

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:09 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

without making it personal , I really think the best for everyone is that MM leaves by mutual consent .

That way he saves face and will get other offers , the club has a chance to really change things and the fans that have not renewed will return .

MM has done the job he was originally brought in for , but things have gone badly downhill in terms of performance , entertainment and the club's relationship with the fans ..............another season like that will be disastrous
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:33 - May 8 with 2942 viewsPhilTWTD

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:17 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

That doesnt surprise me, Mick is probably loved more outside of Ipswich than he is in it right now

Am so bored of other pundits & people outside of the club etc telling us how great Mick is and what a fantastic job he is doing, they arent the ones having to watch the current dross served up. Maybe we can give them all a season ticket and ask them again in a years time what they think, god knows we will have more than enough seats to go round next season.

As for Milne, he will always back Evans as the two have worked together for a while I believe-seems to have been fairly quiet lately which I have found interesting. Maybe after his recent radio interviews he has been pulled from PR duties as it seemed to do more damage than good.

If Evans does still have faith in Mick then he will be staying. In that case then cant Evans just put out a statement saying that he is backing Mick and he will be in charge next season. Or are the club worried that they will lose even more season tickets if they do that???
[Post edited 8 May 2017 14:27]

IM is ME's spokesman in the context of his media role, rather than being a decision-maker so he wouldn't out over anything other than ME's view. I don't think he's been quieter, he's been on the last few Life's a Pitches, as has been the case for the last couple of seasons (to his credit, incidentally, not many MDs/chief execs would do that).

Re putting out a statement, not sure the club would put out a 'ME still backing the boss' line, although I could be wrong. ME has previously said he is backing MM and MM has said he's carrying on. From their perspective they probably want to look at it as business as usual.
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:48 - May 8 with 2899 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:33 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

IM is ME's spokesman in the context of his media role, rather than being a decision-maker so he wouldn't out over anything other than ME's view. I don't think he's been quieter, he's been on the last few Life's a Pitches, as has been the case for the last couple of seasons (to his credit, incidentally, not many MDs/chief execs would do that).

Re putting out a statement, not sure the club would put out a 'ME still backing the boss' line, although I could be wrong. ME has previously said he is backing MM and MM has said he's carrying on. From their perspective they probably want to look at it as business as usual.

Swear the last time Evans publicly backed Mick was back in December, surely the last 5 months and the season ticket sales may have swayed his decision since then???

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:49 - May 8 with 2903 viewsPhilTWTD

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:48 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Swear the last time Evans publicly backed Mick was back in December, surely the last 5 months and the season ticket sales may have swayed his decision since then???

I don't think ME has personally made a public statement since then, but IM's backing of MM will have been on his behalf.
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:51 - May 8 with 2882 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:49 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I don't think ME has personally made a public statement since then, but IM's backing of MM will have been on his behalf.

Has IM really backed Mick though?

The radio interview after the January transfer window, Milne effectively threw Mick under the bus.

You are obviously more in the know than I am, I can only speculate from what I hear.

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:56 - May 8 with 2881 viewsPhilTWTD

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:51 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Has IM really backed Mick though?

The radio interview after the January transfer window, Milne effectively threw Mick under the bus.

You are obviously more in the know than I am, I can only speculate from what I hear.

In terms of remaining fully behind MM I think he was consistent - regardless of comments on whether the squad was good enough to be higher up the table - until more recently when MM indicated he was considering his future (before more recently indicating he was staying, of course) when IM has been more vague about the situation. As I say, that's probably because it's something which will be down to MM and ME and not him.
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:58 - May 8 with 2848 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:56 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

In terms of remaining fully behind MM I think he was consistent - regardless of comments on whether the squad was good enough to be higher up the table - until more recently when MM indicated he was considering his future (before more recently indicating he was staying, of course) when IM has been more vague about the situation. As I say, that's probably because it's something which will be down to MM and ME and not him.

Thanks Phil.

Think I am just looking for any small glimmer of hope that we might get change this summer, looks a bit like this season has turned out-that I am going to be sorely disappointed.

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 15:02 - May 8 with 2840 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:32 - May 8 by J2BLUE

More likely to reinvigorate him and make him want to change the fans' opinions of him.

Every preseason he talks about how great it is to be back. He isn't going to walk away.

Every preseason he talks about how he hated preseason when he was a player and can;t see the point.
Way to get a squad up for the coming season...
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 15:04 - May 8 with 2835 viewschicoazul

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:56 - May 8 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

There is no uncertainty.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 15:06 - May 8 with 2829 viewschicoazul

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:04 - May 8 by bontcho

Presumably the priorities for Mick before he takes a break are
1. to sort the budget
2. try to tie down Huws and Spence
3. target at least one striker
4. make a decision on Berra
5. arrange pre season games

I really dont see Huwes signing, do you? He has had a very good second half of tyhe season with us and a goal scoring centre mid is worth its weight in gold these days. He will either stay at Cardiff on good money (remember he took a pay cut to come here) or go to a bigger club.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 21:23 - May 8 with 2621 viewsClausThomsen

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 14:56 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

Milne's vagueness is what's giving me hope.

If MM was backed 100% then surely there would be no grey area? Milne's asked about the manager's position and says that it's something that needs to be discussed, when Mick was asked he said "I don't think I even recognize that question"(!).

That isn't the same hymn-sheet. Shame ME doesn't sing.

He has to sack him. He can't back him with a year left on his contract and he certainly can't extend it. We've survived one season of faffing, I can't see us surviving another.
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 00:08 - May 9 with 2261 viewsHARRY10

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 13:33 - May 8 by Kieran_Knows

I don't think it will be money that will keep him here. Someone who has been in the game as long as he has will have ensured by now that his future is financially secure.

It will be down to whether he sees the next season as a challenge or a burden. Whether he thinks he can turn things round or whether he will be the one on the receiving end all the time.

It does seem strange that no confirmation has either way has been announced.
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 02:03 - May 9 with 2216 viewsbluejake78

Huwes is a must.Even an old s4ite like me can see this.FFS wake up ITFC.
Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 07:32 - May 9 with 2057 viewsTractorWood

Maybe while on holiday MM will reflect on 00:08 - May 9 by HARRY10

I don't think it will be money that will keep him here. Someone who has been in the game as long as he has will have ensured by now that his future is financially secure.

It will be down to whether he sees the next season as a challenge or a burden. Whether he thinks he can turn things round or whether he will be the one on the receiving end all the time.

It does seem strange that no confirmation has either way has been announced.

Need to arrest our downward trajectory. To me this needs top to bottom changes. I want MM to go as much as the next man but it's not going to change anything in the medium term unless Evans spends considerably. This season, we arguably had one the best loanee's in the football league and the best keeper in the championship, both of which are fairly certain to not be around next season.

Given our perpetual faffing, inability to engage with issues (from STs to match day pricing to transfer market to hospitality to timely communication) I see nothing other than a summer of bluster, not making decisions, disappointing transfer dealings and an inevitable relegation in the next two seasons.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024