Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad as it stands... 11:53 - May 10 with 3318 viewsitfcjoe

....as per how I usually do it - only those with 5 league starts included here.

GK - Bart, Gerken

RB - Emmanuel
LB - Knudsen, Kenlock
CB - Chambers, Webster, Smith

CM - Skuse, Bishop, Dozzell, Hyam

W - Ward, Rowe*

ST - Sears, McG, Moore*

*Less than 5 starts but seemingly clear part of 1st team squad

To get us up to 2 players per position we need
RB - Spence?
CB - Taylor?
W - Another couple
ST - Another striker, in reality we need 2 more

And on top of that you can see where we need more quality - full back, centre mid and potentially a replacement for Bart

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad as it stands... on 12:01 - May 10 with 3263 viewsDublinBlue84

The trouble with Taylor is he is very injury prone, that is my worry, unless we can get him on pay as you play deal I think we should look elsewhere, despite the fact he's obviously up to the job and an outstanding communicator at the back it's not good use of budget.

I think we're a CM light as well, bearing in mind Hyam and Bishop's record with injuries, unless MM is gonna give the youth a chance.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Squad as it stands... on 12:03 - May 10 with 3250 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad as it stands... on 12:01 - May 10 by DublinBlue84

The trouble with Taylor is he is very injury prone, that is my worry, unless we can get him on pay as you play deal I think we should look elsewhere, despite the fact he's obviously up to the job and an outstanding communicator at the back it's not good use of budget.

I think we're a CM light as well, bearing in mind Hyam and Bishop's record with injuries, unless MM is gonna give the youth a chance.

I think Taylor is worth keeping, if the money was right of course. I still remember watching him in the warm up before the Reading game (god knows why I got in so early that day), and Emmanuel was literally in awe of him, listening to everything he had to say, watching him closely.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Squad as it stands... on 12:03 - May 10 with 3249 viewsitfcjoe

I personally wouldn't sign Taylor, but if deal is right then can see it happening - but he is so injury prone.

Agree re centre mid, need some proven quality in there - Huws plus at least one more. The youngsters need to improve to get games as even Doz looked lost when he played

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad as it stands... on 12:10 - May 10 with 3197 viewsDublinBlue84

Squad as it stands... on 12:03 - May 10 by Kieran_Knows

I think Taylor is worth keeping, if the money was right of course. I still remember watching him in the warm up before the Reading game (god knows why I got in so early that day), and Emmanuel was literally in awe of him, listening to everything he had to say, watching him closely.

Indeed but the trouble is he's just not fit enough and is too injury prone, he is without a doubt a good leader at the back, better than Chambers for sure, but the problem is that with his injury record you have to accept that he will most likely miss large chunks of the season and it's simply not good use of funding in my view.

Realistically you'd probably be looking at three center backs fit for most of the season in the best case and Taylor to play maybe a quarter of the season or best case half. Trouble is if someone then gets injuries like Webster did this year you're left with two center backs for the rest of the season.

I think Taylor was someone we could live with last season because we had Smith, Chambers, Berra, Webster and the insurance of Digby as well, now we've lost Berra and Digby (no complaints about it) I think that Taylor is more of a gamble, since we have less numbers. If we're going to go into the season with four center backs rather than six I don't think one of them can be injury prone, especially if we play three at the back.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 12:11]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Squad as it stands... on 12:12 - May 10 with 3179 viewsITFC_Forever

I would rather include Ward as a CM, he has far more of an impact in the middle than he does out wide.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Squad as it stands... on 12:19 - May 10 with 3154 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

There are question marks over Huws, Taylor & Samuel but going to assume they may be being kept on or signed from what Mick has said.

Reckon right now it would be something like this:

GK - Bart / Gerken

RB - Spence / Emmanual
LB - Kenlock / Knudsen
CB - Chambers / Smith / Webster / Taylor
CM - Skuse / Huws / Bishop / Dozzell / Benyu / Ward / Hyam
W - Rowe / Ward / Samuel?
ST - McGoldrick / Sears / Moore

Would say if we are going to deploy wingers next season then that's an area we seriously need to strengthen. Same with strikers as Didz will get injured at some point and then we look painfully short up front.

If we do sign Samuel then I would be inclined to use him on the right wing, he played there briefly against Birmingham at home where he looked fairly decent on the right hand side with Spence-might be a worthwhile experiment as he hasn't really impressed me that much playing up front, might just be lack of match sharpness though.

Guessing Mick might want another CB as well to take the numbers back up to 4 as Taylor is such an uncertainty with whether he can keep himself fit or not.

So I would say we need this summer:
1 x CB
Signing of Huws
Signing of Samuel
1 x CM
1 winger (poss 2?)
2 x strikers

Think it could be a busy summer.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Squad as it stands... on 12:44 - May 10 with 3084 viewsKeaneish

You need to add Digby in there too. With Knudsen playing some games at CB and Diby on the books, I don't think he'll replace Berra.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Squad as it stands... on 12:46 - May 10 with 3067 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad as it stands... on 12:44 - May 10 by Keaneish

You need to add Digby in there too. With Knudsen playing some games at CB and Diby on the books, I don't think he'll replace Berra.

Is that the same Digby who has been released .... or am I going to get a whoosh here?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Squad as it stands... on 12:47 - May 10 with 3058 viewsElderGrizzly

Digby has been released
Squad as it stands... on 12:47 - May 10 with 3054 viewsSwailsey

'Diggers' has been told he can leave too.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Squad as it stands... on 13:13 - May 10 with 2995 viewsReuser_is_God

Looks like we'll need to be busy this summer!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Squad as it stands... on 17:21 - May 10 with 2886 viewstextbackup

Squad as it stands... on 12:03 - May 10 by itfcjoe

I personally wouldn't sign Taylor, but if deal is right then can see it happening - but he is so injury prone.

Agree re centre mid, need some proven quality in there - Huws plus at least one more. The youngsters need to improve to get games as even Doz looked lost when he played

Mick has signed Williams countless times without considering the injuries (even signing him whilst injured) so I very much doubt he'll take that into consideration

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Squad as it stands... on 17:37 - May 10 with 2847 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Squad as it stands... on 17:21 - May 10 by textbackup

Mick has signed Williams countless times without considering the injuries (even signing him whilst injured) so I very much doubt he'll take that into consideration

I'm fairly sure Taylor will be here on some form of pay as you play arrangement.
Squad as it stands... on 17:43 - May 10 with 2834 viewsChurchman75

Squad as it stands... on 17:37 - May 10 by PrideOfTheEast

I'm fairly sure Taylor will be here on some form of pay as you play arrangement.

Shame, always made things happen when on the pitch.

To much like mcgoldrick to have both on the pitch.

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Squad as it stands... on 18:56 - May 10 with 2743 viewsDennyx4

That squad looks very weak.

The only area that looks capable is central defence and goalkeeper if Bart stays.
Squad as it stands... on 19:02 - May 10 with 2727 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Squad as it stands... on 18:56 - May 10 by Dennyx4

That squad looks very weak.

The only area that looks capable is central defence and goalkeeper if Bart stays.

Central midfield looks pitiful in particular.
Squad as it stands... on 22:13 - May 10 with 2582 viewsjas0999

Taylor will play eight games a season. Waste of crucial budget. Injury prone
Squad as it stands... on 22:34 - May 10 with 2535 viewsReuser_is_God

Squad as it stands... on 19:02 - May 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Central midfield looks pitiful in particular.

Our central midfield has been pitiful for years.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 22:34]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024