Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad 20:55 - May 11 with 12028 viewstextbackup

Add to that the 1000 from previous season...

I'd suggest we are now at hardcore level (many will have their own opinions on these 10,000 I know. Words such as deluded blind loyal mad crazy could be used) and to be honest I've no idea what I am in all that

But another season of sht investment, keifer Moore signings and terrible football and I'm sure even herby and something will agree, that level will drop further!

If ME wouldn't listen to the board with ST price ideas will he listen to them for match day tik and bundles to be offered? I think not.

Future is very very worrying

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:00 - May 11 with 4650 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, it's what we all expected but seeing the numbers is still a shock (even though it isn't if that makes sense)

There needs to be a better season next year, on and off the pitch - it's like when we didn't replace Murph they just felt that we'd save money for the summer to get a better deal not thinking about the fans.

Mick needs to get his squad sorted by end of summer as we've shown that is when we do our business

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:03 - May 11 with 4595 viewsBenters

3000 down in two seasons is a shed load.

Plus the walk up gates of 14k next season average .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:05 - May 11 with 4605 viewstextbackup

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:00 - May 11 by itfcjoe

Yep, it's what we all expected but seeing the numbers is still a shock (even though it isn't if that makes sense)

There needs to be a better season next year, on and off the pitch - it's like when we didn't replace Murph they just felt that we'd save money for the summer to get a better deal not thinking about the fans.

Mick needs to get his squad sorted by end of summer as we've shown that is when we do our business

And this is just me here, I wish the club would put their heads together and say

'Look we need to do something, lets extend the early bird offer and on the same day we'll unveil player X'

Someone to get those that haven't renewed tempted again, then crack in another couple of players soon after. I'm not taking £4m players, but good solid championship players, ones that will improve our first 11, not bulk out squad

10,000 season ticket holder for Ipswich Town FC.... we took 2000 less than that to Milan!

I don't blame the fans staying away at all. Just to make that clear

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:05 - May 11 with 4623 viewsPhilTWTD

From what I gather 10,000 is overstating it, as per previous reports/posts it's a bit under that, down from 12,200 last season. Club is still to officially confirm. Down around £1 million, not inconsiderable with gate receipts 45 per cent of income.

This post has been edited by an administrator
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:07 - May 11 with 4555 viewstextbackup

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:05 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather 10,000 is overstating it, as per previous reports/posts it's a bit under that, down from 12,200 last season. Club is still to officially confirm. Down around £1 million, not inconsiderable with gate receipts 45 per cent of income.

I only posted the 2000 figure as just see mr watsons story in the star.

Under 10,000.... I think I want to cry

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:07 - May 11 with 4551 viewsSWGF

Yeah but it's all linked with golf memberships and stuff, so it's of no concern.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:08 - May 11 with 4536 viewschristiand

Another Blackburn Rovers in the making.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:09 - May 11 with 4527 viewsIllinoisblue

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:05 - May 11 by textbackup

And this is just me here, I wish the club would put their heads together and say

'Look we need to do something, lets extend the early bird offer and on the same day we'll unveil player X'

Someone to get those that haven't renewed tempted again, then crack in another couple of players soon after. I'm not taking £4m players, but good solid championship players, ones that will improve our first 11, not bulk out squad

10,000 season ticket holder for Ipswich Town FC.... we took 2000 less than that to Milan!

the club is in desperate need of some positive spin like that - even if that's all it is for now - to win back the hearts and minds of fans. Even a rallying cry from Evans stating clearly, "Mick's my man for this season. We all know results have to improve." Right now, the club is drifting with no clear purpose or ambition.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:10 - May 11 with 4505 viewstextbackup

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:09 - May 11 by Illinoisblue

the club is in desperate need of some positive spin like that - even if that's all it is for now - to win back the hearts and minds of fans. Even a rallying cry from Evans stating clearly, "Mick's my man for this season. We all know results have to improve." Right now, the club is drifting with no clear purpose or ambition.

As it says above your post.... Blackburn rovers in the making

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:11 - May 11 with 4506 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:07 - May 11 by textbackup

Put that figure to Ian Milne on the radio show a couple of weeks ago, he admitted they'd be down, included it in this:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31628/milne-massive-rebuilding-over-the-

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:11 - May 11 with 4473 viewsBenters

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:07 - May 11 by textbackup

I said 9k when will we get the official number then?

Gentlybentley

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:12 - May 11 with 4483 viewsitfcjoe

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:05 - May 11 by textbackup

No one there has got a clue, it's painful to see.

We need to sign a couple of players who are proven at this level, and a couple more in mould of Webster and Ward from lower leagues who are young, and a couple of good loanees. Going to be a really busy summer

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:13 - May 11 with 4477 viewsitfcjoe

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:05 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

I heard 9,500 reliably

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:13 - May 11 with 4469 viewstextbackup

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:11 - May 11 by Benters

They will ring you directly when they've counted and you have the job of posting it on here

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:14 - May 11 with 4464 viewschristiand

Phil, do you think the club aren't giving us the official figure because of the embarrassment? 10,000 seems a more positive figure than 9,534, round it up to the whole figure looks better!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:14 - May 11 with 4472 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:11 - May 11 by Benters

I was told earlier in the week they'd confirm later this week along with matchday prices and flexible part-season ticket type things.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:16 - May 11 with 4447 viewsitfcjoe

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:10 - May 11 by textbackup

As it says above your post.... Blackburn rovers in the making

I don't see comparison with Blackburn, they still spend a fair bit and have never had a decent sized fan base.

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:16 - May 11 with 4436 viewsMach_foreignBlue

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:08 - May 11 by christiand

Another Blackburn Rovers in the making.

Exactly this unless significantly larger amount of money is invested.
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:16 - May 11 with 4415 viewsBenters

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:13 - May 11 by textbackup

They will ring you directly when they've counted and you have the job of posting it on here

I do hope so !

Gentlybentley

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:18 - May 11 with 4422 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:14 - May 11 by christiand

Phil, do you think the club aren't giving us the official figure because of the embarrassment? 10,000 seems a more positive figure than 9,534, round it up to the whole figure looks better!!!

I think they probably want to have the other ticket arrangements agreed - matchday prices etc - to sugar the pill. Having said that, I'm not sure they've always put out a total formally, just the likes of us discover it through our own means.

Further to that, as per previous posts, they don't immediately have a precise figure.

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:19 - May 11 with 4387 viewsBenters

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:14 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

I was told earlier in the week they'd confirm later this week along with matchday prices and flexible part-season ticket type things.

Goodo

Gentlybentley

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:19 - May 11 with 4405 viewsPhilTWTD

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:16 - May 11 by itfcjoe

I don't see comparison with Blackburn, they still spend a fair bit and have never had a decent sized fan base.

Indeed, not really many similarities with Blackburn or Coventry, as also keeps being posted.

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:22 - May 11 with 4345 viewsBenters

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:14 - May 11 by christiand

Ive been saying that all month .

Gentlybentley

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:26 - May 11 with 4322 viewsMillsey

2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:00 - May 11 by itfcjoe

Bu$$er off and support some one else then
2000 down, dress it up however you want, that's bad on 21:27 - May 11 with 4321 viewsolimar

They wrote off a season in August effectively and the fans knew it.
Milne then tried to suggest in January that it was a rebuilding season instead- but nobody suggested that it was a rebuilding year at the start. It was just retrospectively trying to find a story to fit.
Jewell did the same, claimed he was going to build a side, said all the right things, then suddenly spent all his budget on short term expensive players, it failed and he then claimed he would build with youth in January again.
Fans are investing £500 each season and have a right to understand what they can expect to see- not in terms of results, but in terms of a strategy. If its going to be a rebuild, where the side will be relatively uncompetitive, fans deserve to know that before they spend.
As just one example, I recall seeing the NY Knicks and the club were quite openly explaining to fans that they were reducing their wage bill so that, in 2 years time, they would have plenty of room within the wage cap to bid for a really big free agent player. Fans can buy into that, knowing that they are putting themselves into a position to try and bring in LeBron James. I know the comparison doesnt quite fit, but the point is the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024