Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum 09:11 - May 16 with 9080 viewsitfcjoe

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-transfer-rumours-blues-target-marley-wa

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:12 - May 16 with 5007 viewsKieran_Knows

Going to be one long summer, this!
[Post edited 16 May 2017 9:12]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:17 - May 16 with 4941 viewsHerbivore

He was always going to be tough to land, he's shown he can play at this level and as a free agent he'll have plenty of options. Real shame we couldn't land him in January, bit shortsighted from Barnsley as well really as they'd have been a million or so better off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:23 - May 16 with 4885 viewsSteve_M

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:17 - May 16 by Herbivore

He was always going to be tough to land, he's shown he can play at this level and as a free agent he'll have plenty of options. Real shame we couldn't land him in January, bit shortsighted from Barnsley as well really as they'd have been a million or so better off.

Their problem was they had already lost Winnall, Hourihane and one other player in January. They certainly lost a lot of momentum from that and selling more players could have put their survival in the division in jeopardy.

A shame for them as they had done so well with that team over the previous 18 months.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:26 - May 16 with 4853 viewsKieran_Knows

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:23 - May 16 by Steve_M

Their problem was they had already lost Winnall, Hourihane and one other player in January. They certainly lost a lot of momentum from that and selling more players could have put their survival in the division in jeopardy.

A shame for them as they had done so well with that team over the previous 18 months.

I think our interest in Watkins goes back to last summer. Not sure what Town were expecting to pay for him given it was deadline day (or day before) we made our first offer, but i'm sure if we made an acceptable offer then, he would have joined us.

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:28 - May 16 with 4828 viewsHerbivore

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:23 - May 16 by Steve_M

We could've given them Leon Best as a sweetener.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:30 - May 16 with 4813 viewsbluesym

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:12 - May 16 by Kieran_Knows

Hopefully Biggleswade Town have some 23yr old rough diamond in their reserves that McCarthy can polish up....

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:38 - May 16 with 4744 viewsSWGF

You don't think this will be a one-off and we'll sign all our other targets?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:39 - May 16 with 4733 viewsSWGF

Interesting that the Sporting/Football Director is lining up players for his new manager.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Login to get fewer ads

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:40 - May 16 with 4720 viewsKieran_Knows

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:38 - May 16 by SWGF

You don't think this will be a one-off and we'll sign all our other targets?

Ha! Of course, I have every faith in Milne, Evans & Mick to get our other targets over the line...
[Post edited 16 May 2017 9:41]

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:43 - May 16 with 4696 viewsKieran_Knows

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:39 - May 16 by SWGF

Interesting that the Sporting/Football Director is lining up players for his new manager.

I thought that too. Money talks I suppose!

Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 09:43 - May 16 with 4695 viewsBloots

....Sporting Director that works with the manager to get the players in, but to be getting players in when you haven't even got a manager doesn't sound ideal.

Unless they are sticking with Irvine.

Which will be funny.

It's more likely that they are waiting to see what happens with Huddersfield.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:50 - May 16 with 4649 viewsBlueNomad

So, if I follow the logic of some on here does it mean that a freebie from unfashionable Barnsley shows the scum have no ambition?
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:52 - May 16 with 4631 views12th_Man

Another one we miss out on going to be a long summer

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:53 - May 16 with 4615 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:54 - May 16 with 4613 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:50 - May 16 by BlueNomad

So, if I follow the logic of some on here does it mean that a freebie from unfashionable Barnsley shows the scum have no ambition?

I saw this thread and instantly thought to myself..

"I wonder if those who were critical/dismissive/underwhelmed by this transfer link will suddenly bemoan us missing out on a top quality target?"
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:56 - May 16 with 4601 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I mentioned a while back, is going to be really hard to entice the quality players we require for the coming season.

We don't really have anything to offer them in terms of a promotion push etc, so is a difficult flog to say, do you want to sign, we might avoid relegation, our best outcome would mid table and by the way we are losing our fan base and we play a style of football that is not very attractive.

Long summer ahead for the football brains and boffins at IITFC
[Post edited 16 May 2017 9:58]
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:56 - May 16 with 4589 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Didn't really expect to land Watkins after Butchers comments last week and the fact that other teams coveted him as well.

Would still be disappointed to see him sign for the scum though but hopefully Mick is working on other targets as I am sure he was aware early on that we had very little chance of competing with other teams for a player like Watkins.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:57 - May 16 with 4582 viewsitfcjoe

It makes sense, the manager is more expendable than any player so why should they have such a say on handing out expensive contracts.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:59 - May 16 with 4567 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Birmingham Mail reporting that Villa are also after him so suspect he'll be going there.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 10:02 - May 16 with 4540 viewsSWGF

Indeed, it's one thing having a...... on 09:43 - May 16 by Bloots

....Sporting Director that works with the manager to get the players in, but to be getting players in when you haven't even got a manager doesn't sound ideal.

Unless they are sticking with Irvine.

Which will be funny.

It's more likely that they are waiting to see what happens with Huddersfield.

Did I hear somewhere that there was an agreement that they couldnt go after Wagner?

If their model is that the manager fits into the style of the club and players already in place (or being purchased by the SD/DoF) then there's no issue. Not something I'd be too disappointed in us doing given the complete lack of football knowledge/nous from anyone apart from McCarthy.

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:03 - May 16 with 4536 viewsSWGF

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:57 - May 16 by itfcjoe

It makes sense, the manager is more expendable than any player so why should they have such a say on handing out expensive contracts.

Quite agree. Shows that this is the way they're going to work.

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:04 - May 16 with 4533 viewsSteve_M

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:56 - May 16 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Didn't really expect to land Watkins after Butchers comments last week and the fact that other teams coveted him as well.

Would still be disappointed to see him sign for the scum though but hopefully Mick is working on other targets as I am sure he was aware early on that we had very little chance of competing with other teams for a player like Watkins.

Yes, I suspect we expected to be priced out of this one once it was clear he would be on a free this Summer.

There will be plenty of targets this Summer but it will be nice to get one or two in early given the general mood at the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:05 - May 16 with 4517 viewsElderGrizzly

No surprise given the wages Norwich can offer compared to most of the division and the wages they have jettisoned in the last few weeks.

Someone on Twitter said they had reduced their wage bill by £10m at end of the season with all their departures
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:05 - May 16 with 4507 viewsFreddy

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:59 - May 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Birmingham Mail reporting that Villa are also after him so suspect he'll be going there.

He s been touted with 3/4 clubs so all just rumours
Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 10:09 - May 16 with 4480 viewsSWGF

Marley Watkins set to sign for scum on 09:56 - May 16 by Northern_Blue81

I mentioned a while back, is going to be really hard to entice the quality players we require for the coming season.

We don't really have anything to offer them in terms of a promotion push etc, so is a difficult flog to say, do you want to sign, we might avoid relegation, our best outcome would mid table and by the way we are losing our fan base and we play a style of football that is not very attractive.

Long summer ahead for the football brains and boffins at IITFC
[Post edited 16 May 2017 9:58]

We didn't have much to offer Skuse, Berra, Tabb, Murphy or McGoldrick in the summer of 2013 but they signed. Only difference being we were in the Evans cycle of giving his managers a bit of money.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024