Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time sheet app 10:05 - May 17 with 1672 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone use one of these? Looking to bring something in for our guys as sick of not getting enough info about where they are which makes my job difficult.

I don't particularly want to track them, but seems that is the only way - I really just want something where they send their hours and what jobs they've been one each day by app rather than texts which are always forgotten come the end of the week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Time sheet app on 10:37 - May 17 with 1628 viewsartsbossbeard

Don't envy you with this one..

There's a couple of options out there but is there an underlying Accounts/Project software that needs updating or is this bit quite manual?

Where I've seen it work best is when the guys are given a browser link or an app and they can upload their time to projects and then this auto- filters into accounts/payroll BUT only when the project manager agrees the time.

Your big issue isn't necessarily what app/browser option to go for, it's the users buy-in to having to account for their time "all of a sudden". Expect hostility and tell them that you're going to install vehicle trackers for added hassle!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Time sheet app on 10:41 - May 17 with 1615 viewsitfcjoe

Time sheet app on 10:37 - May 17 by artsbossbeard

Don't envy you with this one..

There's a couple of options out there but is there an underlying Accounts/Project software that needs updating or is this bit quite manual?

Where I've seen it work best is when the guys are given a browser link or an app and they can upload their time to projects and then this auto- filters into accounts/payroll BUT only when the project manager agrees the time.

Your big issue isn't necessarily what app/browser option to go for, it's the users buy-in to having to account for their time "all of a sudden". Expect hostility and tell them that you're going to install vehicle trackers for added hassle!

It's difficult, I just really need to know which jobs they are on and for how long - hoping that there is an app where they can just click on jobs.

But everything is GPS tracking, and all a bit Big Brother like, and will look like I'm checking up which I don't have the patience to do anyway.

Maybe I should be though, asking them to work the hours they are giving us to be paid is hardly too much to ask

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Time sheet app on 10:56 - May 17 with 1599 viewsartsbossbeard

Time sheet app on 10:41 - May 17 by itfcjoe

It's difficult, I just really need to know which jobs they are on and for how long - hoping that there is an app where they can just click on jobs.

But everything is GPS tracking, and all a bit Big Brother like, and will look like I'm checking up which I don't have the patience to do anyway.

Maybe I should be though, asking them to work the hours they are giving us to be paid is hardly too much to ask

Exactly.

I've only got experience with integrated Timesheets/PM/Accounts environments, so can't really help with which app to use, sorry.

But from experience, expect non-commital/hostility.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Time sheet app on 11:03 - May 17 with 1583 viewsColin_Viljoen

I install vehicle trackers & you would be amazed on how much companies save on overtime payments once people know they are being tracked. You would be surprised how many employees claim overtime every day as a matter of course!
Time sheet app on 15:49 - May 17 with 1502 viewsRoyKeanesDog

No, but sounds like a good tool.

Weekly payroll is in theory the simplest part of my job, but it causes more headache than anything else. Most of this is just waiting for clients to sign their name on a piece or paper that they don't even check.

EDIT- looking through the rest of the thread I've realised you want it for a different purpose. Something like this will probably become common practice within most companies in a few years.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 16:04]

Poll: Best Football Song

Time sheet app on 16:05 - May 17 with 1464 viewsgiant_stow

why don't you give them one last chance and warn them that one these is the next step? Then no complaints if you have to implement it - might even get a bit of peer preasure going to keep everyone out of big brother land?

I'm being niave innit.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Time sheet app on 17:17 - May 17 with 1415 viewstcblue

Can't you put a tracking chip in their brain
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024