Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links 21:28 - May 19 with 36737 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing to see here.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/19/exclusive-mi5-opened-file-jeremy-corb

[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:43]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:29 - May 19 with 5403 viewsDarth_Koont

Telegraph getting worried.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:31 - May 19 with 5387 viewsGeoffSentence

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:29 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

Telegraph getting worried.

It does come over like that.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:35 - May 19 with 5374 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:31 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

I'd have been stunned if they hadn't a file on him. He was in contact with the IRA after all - not exactly a secret.

Desperate journalism.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:37 - May 19 with 5361 viewsGeoffSentence

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:35 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

I'd have been stunned if they hadn't a file on him. He was in contact with the IRA after all - not exactly a secret.

Desperate journalism.

They will have a file on anyone remotely significant and who is in any way anti-establishment.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:38 - May 19 with 5324 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm sure Dolly has an explanation for this. He did, after all, have the lowest expense claim of any MP so there is no way he could have been a terrorist sympathiser.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:39 - May 19 with 5345 viewsvapour_trail

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:38 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

I'm sure Dolly has an explanation for this. He did, after all, have the lowest expense claim of any MP so there is no way he could have been a terrorist sympathiser.

Glassers, glassers, you're going to have to stop calling out posts that call other posters into a thread.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:40 - May 19 with 5335 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:37 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

They will have a file on anyone remotely significant and who is in any way anti-establishment.

Agreed. Otherwise, what's the point of a domestic intelligence agency?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:44 - May 19 with 5297 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Doing your bit for the deep state Mr Grizzly.....MI5 had a file on me in the 80's for being too tall (so getting photographed) on too many demonstrations, if I had been a girl maybe somebody would have become my boyfriend !
Also...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/aug/21/mi5-communist-party-cold-war-ant
and
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/oct/06/mi5-union-leaders-surveillance
.....so all in all hardly surprising really !

Edit.....in fact maybe you had better do your public duty and give them the heads up that I'm still a little bit anti establishment ! Pm for details.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 21:50]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:45 - May 19 with 5252 viewsfactual_blue

In the late 60s/early 70s (and probably before that) MI5 opened a file on ever university student.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:46 - May 19 with 5267 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:38 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

We'll know they're getting worried when they resort to mud slinging !

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:50 - May 19 with 5240 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree. The Met Police admitted to it too apparently
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:51 - May 19 with 5234 viewsElderGrizzly

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:44 - May 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Doing your bit for the deep state Mr Grizzly.....MI5 had a file on me in the 80's for being too tall (so getting photographed) on too many demonstrations, if I had been a girl maybe somebody would have become my boyfriend !
Also...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/aug/21/mi5-communist-party-cold-war-ant
and
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/oct/06/mi5-union-leaders-surveillance
.....so all in all hardly surprising really !

Edit.....in fact maybe you had better do your public duty and give them the heads up that I'm still a little bit anti establishment ! Pm for details.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 21:50]

Of course I don't need to PM for details ;)
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:52 - May 19 with 5228 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:31 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

Not really.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:57 - May 19 with 5196 viewsWD19

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:35 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

Desperate journalism.

Smacks more of lazy, pre-scheduled journalism to be honest. There is probably a wall planner somewhere with all sorts of mundane guff timetabled.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:58 - May 19 with 5189 viewsGeoffSentence

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:52 - May 19 by The_Last_Baron

Not really.

Yeah it does, MI5 predictably open a file on Corbyn, this was in the 90's and The Telegraph suddenly discover this 20 years later and a few weeks before he leads his party into a general election. They have some ammo and they are now having to use it.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:59 - May 19 with 5181 viewsbournemouthblue

They would have had files on him because of CND links

If they thought Harriet Harman was a Communist, he must have been on the radar also

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:02 - May 19 with 5155 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:52 - May 19 by The_Last_Baron

Not really.

You must be joking?! It was obvious there would have been a file on Corbyn. The Telegraph are just using that to put Corbyn and the IRA in another headline and pretend it's news ... during an election campaign where Corbyn has had probably his single most positive week as Labour leader.

It's not even connecting the dots, it's so obvious.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:05 - May 19 with 5138 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:57 - May 19 by WD19

Smacks more of lazy, pre-scheduled journalism to be honest. There is probably a wall planner somewhere with all sorts of mundane guff timetabled.

That's what I was thinking too. The "desperate" is more that it's so transparent and ultimately the opposite of the investigative journalism it pretends to be.

Unvestigative journalism?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:06 - May 19 with 5130 viewsWD19

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:02 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

You must be joking?! It was obvious there would have been a file on Corbyn. The Telegraph are just using that to put Corbyn and the IRA in another headline and pretend it's news ... during an election campaign where Corbyn has had probably his single most positive week as Labour leader.

It's not even connecting the dots, it's so obvious.

When was Douglas most positive week in a Town shirt?
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:07 - May 19 with 5105 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:58 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

Yeah it does, MI5 predictably open a file on Corbyn, this was in the 90's and The Telegraph suddenly discover this 20 years later and a few weeks before he leads his party into a general election. They have some ammo and they are now having to use it.

I completely agree and I said this last week.

The Tories are looking for a three figure majority. At the same time they want Corbyn to do at least as well as Miliband so that he doesn't have to resign and we have him as Labour leader for another five years or however long it will take to damage the Labour party.

He has been hovering around the 28-31% mark for a few weeks but he's just launched a popularist manifesto and I would imagine internal polling is showing him around the 32-34% mark which would reduce the Tories majority to about 70.

Hence the reason for this story. A timely reminder to working class Labour voters that he spent his early political career supporting the IRA.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:08 - May 19 with 5112 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:06 - May 19 by WD19

When was Douglas most positive week in a Town shirt?

When he signed?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:08 - May 19 with 5104 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:51 - May 19 by ElderGrizzly

Of course I don't need to PM for details ;)

I knew the eyes on that fly in my kitchen didn't look quite right !

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:09 - May 19 with 5099 viewsElderGrizzly

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:07 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

The Tories are looking for a three figure majority. At the same time they want Corbyn to do at least as well as Miliband so that he doesn't have to resign and we have him as Labour leader for another five years or however long it will take to damage the Labour party.

He has been hovering around the 28-31% mark for a few weeks but he's just launched a popularist manifesto and I would imagine internal polling is showing him around the 32-34% mark which would reduce the Tories majority to about 70.

Hence the reason for this story. A timely reminder to working class Labour voters that he spent his early political career supporting the IRA.

Keir Starmer is already trying to say a fail is still a fail. Appears some Labour (assume the New Labour variety) are worried he will stay whatever happens

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/19/labours-2015-election-result-is
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:11 - May 19 with 5076 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:07 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

A timely reminder that Glasgow says you're sheep of the machine.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:11 - May 19 with 5058 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:09 - May 19 by ElderGrizzly

Keir Starmer is already trying to say a fail is still a fail. Appears some Labour (assume the New Labour variety) are worried he will stay whatever happens

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/19/labours-2015-election-result-is

I've said all along he will stay. Kinnock stayed after defeat in 1987. Why should Corbyn step down? He still has work to do.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024