Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links 21:28 - May 19 with 36740 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing to see here.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/19/exclusive-mi5-opened-file-jeremy-corb

[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:43]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:27 - May 20 with 2656 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:15 - May 20 by Gromheort

Lovely detail from the award: the "International Peace Award in recognition of his consistent efforts over a 30 year Parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence"

Social justice and non-violence? Scary stuff (at least to some)!

so are you saying that he didn't support the murderers in the ira? phew that's a relief. if you just went by what he actually said you would't know that.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 18:30]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:34 - May 20 with 2639 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:27 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

so are you saying that he didn't support the murderers in the ira? phew that's a relief. if you just went by what he actually said you would't know that.

I'm stating the obvious: he's a peacemaker and that has been acknowledged internationally. I appreciate that Tories such as yourself don't like that mind you
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:39 - May 20 with 2627 viewsHARRY10

I presume those Tories who brought about the peace deal also 'supported the murderers' ?

Unfortunately for you politics is a little more complicated than you have been encouraged to believe.

Have you tried colouring books, they might suit ?
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:41 - May 20 with 2623 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:34 - May 20 by Gromheort

I'm stating the obvious: he's a peacemaker and that has been acknowledged internationally. I appreciate that Tories such as yourself don't like that mind you

so the advice from momentum is just to keep repeating 'he's a peacemaker', rather than ever responding to the direct quotes from corbyn supporting murderers. refusing to engage with evidence which proves you wrong makes you look like a puppet working to a script. ... ah, yes of course
[Post edited 20 May 2017 18:43]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:41 - May 20 with 2622 viewsDarth_Koont

Does a defence lawyer support murder or support murderers? Huuuuge difference.

Corbyn doesn't support violence or terror. The insinuation that he does is is pretty laughable.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:48 - May 20 with 2607 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:41 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

Does a defence lawyer support murder or support murderers? Huuuuge difference.

Corbyn doesn't support violence or terror. The insinuation that he does is is pretty laughable.

except for the direct quotes from corbyn supporting murderers of course. he wasn't a defence lawyer, he was a politician prepared to turn a blind eye to terrorism when it fitted with his ideology. stop the war was equally content to turn a blind eye to dictators and murderers when corbyn was it's chair. again what ever is convenient when it fits with his world view.

i thought these things about him when he was a particularly unpleasant back bencher - what's the point in pretending any different now?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:53 - May 20 with 2600 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:48 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

except for the direct quotes from corbyn supporting murderers of course. he wasn't a defence lawyer, he was a politician prepared to turn a blind eye to terrorism when it fitted with his ideology. stop the war was equally content to turn a blind eye to dictators and murderers when corbyn was it's chair. again what ever is convenient when it fits with his world view.

i thought these things about him when he was a particularly unpleasant back bencher - what's the point in pretending any different now?

You seem quite happy to pretend

However perhaps you could tell us all who actually armed these ' dictators and murderers ' ?

Jeremy Corbyn ?

And were those supporting and arming them, turning a blind eye to those being killed by those arms ?
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:54 - May 20 with 2599 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:48 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

No, my point is you can support murderers and not support murder. If you believe the way towards peace is negotiation and discussion then you're going to have to talk to these people at some stage. And recognize valid, underlying causes.

That's a far cry from patting someone on the back for blowing innocent people up.

It's a really weak attempt at mud-slinging. But as the Telegraph proves ... the key is just to get "Corbyn" and "terrorists" in the same headline. And job done for the hard-of-thinking reactionaries.

Login to get fewer ads

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:57 - May 20 with 2588 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:54 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

No, my point is you can support murderers and not support murder. If you believe the way towards peace is negotiation and discussion then you're going to have to talk to these people at some stage. And recognize valid, underlying causes.

That's a far cry from patting someone on the back for blowing innocent people up.

It's a really weak attempt at mud-slinging. But as the Telegraph proves ... the key is just to get "Corbyn" and "terrorists" in the same headline. And job done for the hard-of-thinking reactionaries.

"you can support murderers and not support murder." weasel words if ever there were.

isn't 'honouring' them patting them on the back?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:59 - May 20 with 2581 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:57 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

"you can support murderers and not support murder." weasel words if ever there were.

isn't 'honouring' them patting them on the back?

It's not "weasel words". I gave you a clear example of a defence lawyer.

Clearly you can "support" terrorists as a way of getting them to the negotiation table and it in no way means you condone their methods. Was Major a terrorist sympathiser? 'Course not.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 19:27 - May 20 with 2561 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:59 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

It's not "weasel words". I gave you a clear example of a defence lawyer.

Clearly you can "support" terrorists as a way of getting them to the negotiation table and it in no way means you condone their methods. Was Major a terrorist sympathiser? 'Course not.

there is no conceivable sense in which major 'supported' the ira.

trying to draw a comparison between major and corbyn is pretty dishonest.

you need to check a dictionary to see what support means. supporting terrorists isn't a precondition to there being negotiations with them.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 19:30 - May 20 with 2555 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 19:27 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

there is no conceivable sense in which major 'supported' the ira.

trying to draw a comparison between major and corbyn is pretty dishonest.

you need to check a dictionary to see what support means. supporting terrorists isn't a precondition to there being negotiations with them.

You seem to be making a distinction between Corbyn and Major that isn't remotely as clear as the distinction between supporting terror and supporting terrorists.

Never mind.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 19:47 - May 20 with 2531 viewsbenno1uk

Hang on. So any bad press for Corbyn can simply be dismissed as 'propaganda' now can it? How very convenient.

So essentially any sleaze that comes out about him must by definition be 'fake news'. Wow.

I wonder if these were pictures of Theresa May fraternising with the IRA whether the reaction would be the same?
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 19:57 - May 20 with 2524 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 19:47 - May 20 by benno1uk

Hang on. So any bad press for Corbyn can simply be dismissed as 'propaganda' now can it? How very convenient.

So essentially any sleaze that comes out about him must by definition be 'fake news'. Wow.

I wonder if these were pictures of Theresa May fraternising with the IRA whether the reaction would be the same?

This isn't news though. Who is remotely surprised that MI5 had a file on Corbyn when he was in contact with the IRA?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:11 - May 20 with 2497 viewsbenno1uk

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 19:57 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

This isn't news though. Who is remotely surprised that MI5 had a file on Corbyn when he was in contact with the IRA?

Well presumably it is the public interest that a potential Prime Minister might possibly have had sympathies with an anti-UK terrorist organisation.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:20 - May 20 with 2485 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:11 - May 20 by benno1uk

Well presumably it is the public interest that a potential Prime Minister might possibly have had sympathies with an anti-UK terrorist organisation.

Plenty of Brits sympathetic with the idea of a united Ireland. Corbyn is a peace lover. Suggesting sympathies with terrorism doesn't compute.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:21 - May 20 with 2486 viewsm14_blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:28 - May 20 by caught-in-limbo

"Surprised at your dismissal when you know nothing about it, given your lectures to us on looking for alternative views away from the MSM"

Link to two lectures from me, please.

What's your view on Corbyn CIL?

Appreciate you may not be exposed to quite as much coverage as over here but I'm interested to know if you regard him as genuinely anti-establishment?
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:18 - May 20 with 2458 viewsbrazil1982

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:20 - May 20 by Gromheort

Plenty of Brits sympathetic with the idea of a united Ireland. Corbyn is a peace lover. Suggesting sympathies with terrorism doesn't compute.

He has not provided any evidence whatsoever that he contributed anything at all to the peace process.

He never had dialogue with the SDLP who wanted a united Ireland through diplomatic means.
He never had dialogue with the UVF.

The man clearly supported the IRA and this should not be ignored.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:42 - May 20 with 2455 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:18 - May 20 by brazil1982

He has not provided any evidence whatsoever that he contributed anything at all to the peace process.

He never had dialogue with the SDLP who wanted a united Ireland through diplomatic means.
He never had dialogue with the UVF.

The man clearly supported the IRA and this should not be ignored.

Among Corbyn's treachrous words were these uttered on a Radio interview

“I condemn all bombing, it is not a good idea, and it is terrible what happened.”

Whereas

'Prime ministers including Margaret Thatcher, John Major and Edward Heath held secret talks with the organisation during their premierships, according to files released by the National Archives or contemporaneous newspaper reports'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16366413
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:15 - May 20 with 2445 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:50 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

What does that have to do with grieving? One grieves when somebody close to one dies.

If nicking a few polices from hopeless Ed wins the Tories another 30 or so seats in the northern Labour heartlands I'll simply shrug my shoulders.

Good to see you supporting principled politics then ! As Brucie used to say....."good game, good game "

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:25 - May 20 with 2435 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:59 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Across the board?

You mean two that have just been released today, after I had made my post regarding 34%.

http://britainelects.com/polling/westminster/

34% ?

it's 35% now

"YouGov’s weekly poll for the Sunday Times has topline voting intention figures of CON 44%(-1), LAB 35%(+3), LDEM 9%(+1), UKIP 3%(-3)."

Sure it is a poll, not an exact count or an exact representation of how the voting will go on June 8th as there's plenty more to come over the next three weeks.

However what it does show is a continual narrowing of the gap between the two main parties.

There has been a huge number (2m) of registrations to vote. Most who will not be Tory voters as they tend to be older and more settled - so already registered.

The worry now fo the Tories is that if they do not achive a vastly increased majority they will neither be thanked for yet another election, and risk a new in take who may not be willing to 'led by the nose'.

It makes you wonder if May did not say to her husband 'fark this for a lark, I'll call an election, put out some of the most hateful policies, even fox hunting and so lose. I can then resign"
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:50 - May 20 with 2430 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:47 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

FFS. This really isn't sinking in is it/

He supported and praised the IRA. He didn't negotiate peace with them.

You've not answered any of my points, or those of many in this thread. Just repeated your same old tired bu!!sh!t (I appreciate you think if you repeat it enough it'll come true).

Here's some reading for you...

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/jeremy-corbyn-defends-st

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 00:02 - May 21 with 2417 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:41 - May 20 by lowhouseblue

so the advice from momentum is just to keep repeating 'he's a peacemaker', rather than ever responding to the direct quotes from corbyn supporting murderers. refusing to engage with evidence which proves you wrong makes you look like a puppet working to a script. ... ah, yes of course
[Post edited 20 May 2017 18:43]

Your hatred of Corbyn has clouded your judgement.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 00:23 - May 21 with 2407 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:54 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

This times a million. Glassers, I think, knows this, and is just doing his devious bit for his party. I'd hope that others would look beyond the black and white and just think for a second.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 00:37 - May 21 with 2399 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:38 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

I'm sure Dolly has an explanation for this. He did, after all, have the lowest expense claim of any MP so there is no way he could have been a terrorist sympathiser.

Funny ain't it how you always moan that people on here call out other posters on threads they ain't in and then yet again you do so yourself.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024