Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smoking 08:50 - May 20 with 7056 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now. Im a caring smoker. I.E i wont smoke where I shouldnt.

So why should I be forced into buying more than I need?
And paying over the odds for the previlage for something which is my choice?

Are they going to make all beers the same. Only come in 2 litre bottles at £30 each.

Or mars bars twice the lengh with no singles available to buy.

If kids wanna smoke. They will smoke. Changing it to 20 makes no difference theyll just club togethee and get s pack so your actually making the kids buy more than they normally would.

I just dont get how the government can decide what a 31 year old man wants to buy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Smoking on 08:52 - May 20 with 3415 viewsPinewoodblue

When I was a kid you buy singles at the local newsagents.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Smoking on 08:54 - May 20 with 3403 viewsFrimleyBlue

Smoking on 08:52 - May 20 by Pinewoodblue

When I was a kid you buy singles at the local newsagents.

Yeah and now youd be clubbing together buying 20.

Waka waka eh eh

Smoking on 08:55 - May 20 with 3398 viewstaximan

you do realise that the pack of 20 will in fact last you twice as long as the pack of 10 ?

so you are not spending anymore money

hope this helps
Smoking on 08:58 - May 20 with 3385 viewsPinewoodblue

Smoking on 08:54 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Yeah and now youd be clubbing together buying 20.

No gave it up at 15 realised it was going to be an expensive habit.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Smoking on 09:02 - May 20 with 3379 viewsBorisOrTrevor

You tried vaping? I don't get why any sane adult who smokes wouldnt make the switch. Ticks all of the boxes except (likely) premature death.

BOT

Smoking on 09:14 - May 20 with 3339 viewsblue_oyster

Smoking should never have been legalised, but governments bowed to massive pressure and allowed it before looking into the harmful effects. It's so hard to roll back to changes. They are likely to make the same mistake with cannabis.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Smoking on 09:16 - May 20 with 3336 viewsgiant_stow

Smoking on 08:55 - May 20 by taximan

you do realise that the pack of 20 will in fact last you twice as long as the pack of 10 ?

hope this helps

That's not how it works sadly. If you have them in your pocket, you smoke them. Lots of people bought ten boxes as a way of limiting themselves.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Smoking on 09:19 - May 20 with 3326 viewsgiant_stow

Smoking on 09:02 - May 20 by BorisOrTrevor

You tried vaping? I don't get why any sane adult who smokes wouldnt make the switch. Ticks all of the boxes except (likely) premature death.

You're right, but it's not a rational thing for some of us. I do have a vape for when I'm in the office though.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Smoking on 09:37 - May 20 with 3281 viewsVaughan8

Smoking on 09:16 - May 20 by giant_stow

That's not how it works sadly. If you have them in your pocket, you smoke them. Lots of people bought ten boxes as a way of limiting themselves.

Couldn't you keep an old pack and put the other there then just take out one pack of 10 at a time.

Ok might take a bit more effort but still can be done. I appreciate you might be out Nd this is not possible but just need to be more organised.

I know it's an addiction so I don't really know what it is like having not smoked.
Smoking on 09:40 - May 20 with 3274 viewsgiant_stow

Smoking on 09:37 - May 20 by Vaughan8

Couldn't you keep an old pack and put the other there then just take out one pack of 10 at a time.

Ok might take a bit more effort but still can be done. I appreciate you might be out Nd this is not possible but just need to be more organised.

I know it's an addiction so I don't really know what it is like having not smoked.

You're right of course, or I could get a little smoking tin / wallet thing. None of this makes sense (thanks for not being judgemental too!)

Smoking on 10:37 - May 20 with 3211 viewsdickie

I detest smoking, it absolutely stinks, as do people who do it. I can't stand walking through it outside, it should be banned everywhere except people's own homes
Smoking on 10:42 - May 20 with 3183 viewsJ2BLUE

Smoking on 10:37 - May 20 by dickie

I detest smoking, it absolutely stinks, as do people who do it. I can't stand walking through it outside, it should be banned everywhere except people's own homes

Agree about detesting it. I think banning it outside is a bit much though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Smoking on 10:47 - May 20 with 3163 viewsDyland

Smoking on 10:42 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Agree about detesting it. I think banning it outside is a bit much though.

Oh I don't know, people can vape if they need to.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Smoking on 10:49 - May 20 with 3160 viewsgiant_stow

I hate the small of diesel being burnt - fine in people's homes, but not outside. Also the smell of people who've been drinking beer when I haven't on the tube - ban them too.

Hahahaha! on 10:51 - May 20 with 3155 viewsDyland

Smoking on 10:49 - May 20 by giant_stow

I hate the small of diesel being burnt - fine in people's homes, but not outside. Also the smell of people who've been drinking beer when I haven't on the tube - ban them too.

What a rubbish argument.

Agree about banning/easing out diesel. And indeed petrol (good luck with that yeh).

Ban people who smell of yoghurt.

Hahahaha! on 10:54 - May 20 with 3144 viewsgiant_stow

Hahahaha! on 10:51 - May 20 by Dyland

What a rubbish argument.

Agree about banning/easing out diesel. And indeed petrol (good luck with that yeh).

Ban people who smell of yoghurt.

It is indeed a rubbish argument - diesel fumes do a lot more damage than those who smoke outside, so not comparable at all. Yoghurt is yesterday's news - musili is where it's at nowadays

Hahahaha! on 10:56 - May 20 with 3129 viewsDyland

Hahahaha! on 10:54 - May 20 by giant_stow

It is indeed a rubbish argument - diesel fumes do a lot more damage than those who smoke outside, so not comparable at all. Yoghurt is yesterday's news - musili is where it's at nowadays

shut up hippy

Hahahaha! on 10:58 - May 20 with 3121 viewsgiant_stow

Hahahaha! on 10:56 - May 20 by Dyland

shut up hippy

👌

Smoking on 10:58 - May 20 with 3121 viewsGuthrum

Be glad you're not in the Philippines: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/19/philippines-president-bans-smoking-

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Smoking on 11:22 - May 20 with 3078 viewsdickie

I completely agree, diesel should be phased out followed by petrol
Smoking on 11:53 - May 20 with 3022 viewsFrimleyBlue

Smoking on 08:55 - May 20 by taximan

hope this helps

Its not that simple.

When you buy a ten. Mentally you make them last do spread the time between fags.
With 20. You mentally think its alright got another 19. 18 17 etc. So you actually end up smoking more and before you know it the 20s gone and your onto another 20.

So technically you are correct. However the mindset takes over.

Waka waka eh eh

Smoking on 11:56 - May 20 with 3016 viewsFrimleyBlue

I detest the smell of booze on people. Or the smell of BO. And plenty of other smells that are out there.

Lets ban everything.

Its my choice. I enjoy it. Will i die from it. Probably. Althought the fatness might do the job too.

I just find it baffling how the decision of what i want to buy isnt mine.

Waka waka eh eh

Smoking on 12:02 - May 20 with 2999 viewsLord_Lucan

Smoking on 09:02 - May 20 by BorisOrTrevor

Vapists p1ss me off more than non smokers. They stand there with a fecking great brick in their hand and fill the room with 5 cubic tonnes of nauseous scented smoke.

They all look holier than though and have a habit of nodding their head as they suck on their brick. They always remind me of bearded history teachers.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Smoking on 12:05 - May 20 with 2990 viewstaximan

Smoking on 11:53 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Its not that simple.

When you buy a ten. Mentally you make them last do spread the time between fags.
With 20. You mentally think its alright got another 19. 18 17 etc. So you actually end up smoking more and before you know it the 20s gone and your onto another 20.

So technically you are correct. However the mindset takes over.

so it is a lack of willpower/mental strength on your part, rather than the packaging ?
Smoking on 12:11 - May 20 with 2974 viewsDolly2.0

Also people who eat crisps when I'm not. They smell horrible, I don't.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024